PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger using a European golf tour as prep for ’12 season

bayz101
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
NEW YORK – Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/)[/URL] will prepare himself for the new NFL season by embarking upon an extraordinary golfing marathon he believes will sharpen his focus in advance of the 2012 campaign.

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/news)
quarterback is heading to Ireland and Scotland in June, where he will play some of the finest and most difficult courses in the world. But Roethlisberger insists the trip is not simply about recharging his batteries over the summer; it is designed to provide him with a mental challenge that will serve him well once football rolls around again.

“It is going to be pretty hardcore,” Roethlisberger told Yahoo! Sports. “I will be playing something like 12 courses in 10 days and they are some of the very best ones that you can find. I’m going to the K Club, St Andrews, and a bunch of others.”

Read more: [URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ro-rogers_ben_roethlisberger_steelers_golf_ireland_04 0612

ShutDown24
04-07-2012, 07:15 AM
This is cool. And I love you Ben. But ya know what else helps sharpen your game? Throwing and working out.

Galax Steeler
04-07-2012, 08:59 AM
This is cool. And I love you Ben. But ya know what else helps sharpen your game? Throwing and working out.

While I agree with you they need to do more then dedicate there whole lives to football. I think a vacation for him will be good to just get away from it all.

Godfather
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
At least he isn't riding motorcycles.

Count Steeler
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
With or without Ashley?

ShutDown24
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
While I agree with you they need to do more then dedicate there whole lives to football. I think a vacation for him will be good to just get away from it all.

Oh I definitely agree. Football players work as hard as anyone between the months of July - December, but I think Ben would have been better off just saying golf is a way of getting away from it all, as you said. I think it's borderline laughable that he's trying to play this off as some sort of offseason training. Maybe it will help him somehow. I just kind of feel like if he's really worried about improving his game right now he would be better served doing football related activities.

It's not really a big deal, I don't have any issue with this. Those were just my thoughts.

Bluecoat96
04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Oh I definitely agree. Football players work as hard as anyone between the months of July - December, but I think Ben would have been better off just saying golf is a way of getting away from it all, as you said. I think it's borderline laughable that he's trying to play this off as some sort of offseason training. Maybe it will help him somehow. I just kind of feel like if he's really worried about improving his game right now he would be better served doing football related activities.

It's not really a big deal, I don't have any issue with this. Those were just my thoughts.

Keep in mind WHEN he's going on this little golf tour. It will be in June, when all of the off season OTA's are over. It's also for "only" 10 days. Maybe he'll take his new playbook with him? hehehehe

siss
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Don't worry guys...I'm going as his caddy and I will make sure he knows that play book backwards and forwards!

SteelGhost
04-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Ok Ben, enjoy your european vacation, you deserve to rest :thumbsup:

zulater
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
This is farther proof that he hates Haley! :nono:

:chuckle: