PDA

View Full Version : Vikings open to trading the 3rd pick

polamalubeast
04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/06/report-vikings-gm-rick-spielman-considering-trading-no-3-overall-draft-pick/?sct=nfl_t2_a4

steelerdude15
04-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Hmmm... interesting.

ALLD
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Offer them this year's second and next year's third.

steelerdude15
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm sure they'd want more than that. IF we did that and it magically worked, we definitely would have to get Decastro from Stanford and to make everyone else happy, we can get Hightower. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm sure they'd want more than that. IF we did that and it magically worked, we definitely would have to get Decastro from Stanford and to make everyone else happy, we can get Hightower. :chuckle:
If we traded up to #3 to draft a Guard, I would openly lobby for the firing of Kevin Colbert.

st33lersguy
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM

If that magically worked, Kalil's the pick

steelerdude15
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
If we traded up to #3 to draft a Guard, I would openly lobby for the firing of Kevin Colbert.

Even though guard is our most needed position right now?

Chidi29
04-06-2012, 08:48 PM

The value wouldn't be there, even if the need is.

ShutDown24
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM

You can't take a guard at #3. If we somehow decided to trade up to that pick we would need to select Justin Blackmon, Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne or Matt Kalil. After that the elite prospects are gone. And Blackmon arguably shouldn't even be on this list.

This is a crazy discussion to begin with because it's not likely the Steelers would ever make such a move, but if we were to move up Kalil or Claiborne would be the pick. I'd personally prefer Claiborne but I'm guessing Kalil would be the favorite.

steelerdude15
04-07-2012, 12:32 AM
You can't take a guard at #3. If we somehow decided to trade up to that pick we would need to select Justin Blackmon, Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne or Matt Kalil. After that the elite prospects are gone. And Blackmon arguably shouldn't even be on this list.

This is a crazy discussion to begin with because it's not likely the Steelers would ever make such a move, but if we were to move up Kalil or Claiborne would be the pick. I'd personally prefer Claiborne but I'm guessing Kalil would be the favorite.

Yes, but many feel Decastro is the best of the linemen this year. Plus, we don't need a running back or wide receiver. This trade won't happen though.

ShutDown24
04-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Yes, but many feel Decastro is the best of the linemen this year. Plus, we don't need a running back or wide receiver. This trade won't happen though.

I agree, but if he's going to be available at pick 12 why would you select him at pick 3?

suitanim
04-07-2012, 08:14 AM
The Steelers would NEVER make this move.

86WARD

Wouldn't even come close to the value of the third overall pick...Pittsburgh would have to throw a lot more in there than this years first and second and next years third. They'd probably have to throw in next seasons first round pick and possibly more to even get the value close.

86WARD
The Steelers would NEVER make this move.

EXACTLY...not even worth discussing IMO.

suitanim
04-07-2012, 08:27 AM
On the stupid NFL draft value chart, a 3rd is worth 2200 points, while a 24th is worth 740. They would want probably our first 3 picks, and our first next year, minimum.

ShutDown24
04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling that the Vikings are targeting Blackmon. I was looking over my "running draft notes" today and while I think the right move would be to take Kalil at three, the team could really use a guy like Blackmon. And all this buzz about them wanting to move down supports the theory that maybe he's the guy they really want. While I still can't see them passing up the tackle, if they can't find a trade partner I wouldn't be shocked if they just bite the bullet and take the receiver - he's certainly the type of player who could work with Christian Ponder very well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2012, 08:24 PM
The value wouldn't be there, even if the need is.

I agree, but if he's going to be available at pick 12 why would you select him at pick 3?

Thanks guys for saving me some time. :thumbsup: