PDA

View Full Version : Steelers might lose Byron Leftwich

Dodt
04-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Bruce Arians will have a franchise quarterback to work with in Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III within a few weeks, but that hasn’t prevented him for taking a run at veteran free agent quarterback Byron Leftwich.

Per a league source, the Indianapolis Colts, headed by Arians, are pursuing Leftwich to help teach Luck or Griffin the offensive scheme Arians brings with him
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/04/03/colts-arians-interested-in-leftwich/

steelerdude15
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Steeltreal
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Time to draft and groom a backup .4th or 5th round
Brock Osweiler/Arizona St: 6’6 Huge arm, can make every throw at the next level, gets terrific zip on his intermediate throws... Can fit the ball into tight windows and really sling the ball down the field... Put up big numbers during his only season as a starter, threw for over 4,000 yards and 26 touchdowns... Good footwork, moves well in the pocket and sets his feet before throwing... Will step into pressure, rarely throws off balance... Surprising athlete for his size, can scramble outside of the pocket, had previously committed to Gonzaga to play basketball.

oneforthetoe
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
OMG ... You know what this means? When the season starts Leftwich will be on the Colts IR instead of ours. Our season is ruined.

vader29
04-04-2012, 12:29 AM
OMG ... You know what this means? When the season starts Leftwich will be on the Colts IR instead of ours. Our season is ruined.
:rofl2:

ShutDown24
04-04-2012, 05:09 AM
I love Byron and Charlie, but at this point I really do think the team might be best off going with Troy Smith & a rookie behind Ben on the depth chart. Have Charlie on speed dial and maybe give him some kind of coaching internship until Ben gets injured, then move him to the roster. But we really need to find a reliable backup... Reliable meaning he isn't injury prone, not necessarily that he's a great player. And even more importantly than that the #3 spot on a roster should really be used to develop a young guy. Now that we know Dixon isn't that guy, it's time to move on. Maybe that's Jerrod Johnson, or maybe it's someone in this years draft class - but regardless there needs to be sweeping changes to the depth chart at QB.

Count Steeler
04-04-2012, 05:31 AM
No big deal here. Let Lefty go.

suitanim
04-04-2012, 05:39 AM
As I said in the other thread about this, it's mostly about bringing in a metor, like a player-coach to get the new guy up to speed. Lefty knows the offense inside and out...

Count Steeler
04-04-2012, 05:39 AM
As I said in the other thread about this, it's mostly about bringing in a metor, like a player-coach to get the new guy up to speed. Lefty knows the offense inside and out...

He would be better served under Arians. Let him go.

86WARD
04-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Good. Maybe they can get a young competent QB in here to back up Ben!

SteelGhost
04-04-2012, 02:47 PM
It's time to let him (and Batch) go IMO.

BlastFurnace
04-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Just as long as Dixon doesn't come back because of this....

I wonder why Arians doesn't want that former "starter in waiting" to come in and back up Luck...

Buckinnuts
04-04-2012, 05:11 PM
thats would be awesome made my day ....see ya

steelerdude15
04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I think it is time to draft a back up quarterback.

suitanim
04-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Just as long as Dixon doesn't come back because of this....

I wonder why Arians doesn't want that former "starter in waiting" to come in and back up Luck...

Because Lefty is probably more competent with the playbook.

KeiselPower99
04-08-2012, 12:33 AM
I'd rather have Leftwich over Batch and I'd like to see Osweller in the 5th round. No qb before the 5th round.