PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley GOING OFF !!! (A Compilation)

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ghns37TLUY&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTAONrIIVI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yN_tnrzFUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl0A4UFBhUs&feature=related

And Finally, without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEvHzx-nal0

7willBheaven
04-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Ummm...ok?

Austin87
04-02-2012, 03:48 AM
lol

suitanim
04-02-2012, 05:48 AM
With the exception of the first one, I;d be yelling and screaming too if the Chiefs were the team I had to coach.

st33lersguy
04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
At least he can come up with a coherent offensive game plan unlike the man he replaced

suitanim
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
At least he can come up with a coherent offensive game plan unlike the man he replaced

See? This cracks me up...I get blamed for not "letting it go" because I'm talking about FO issues, yet hypocritically there is still all this sniping going on from the Arians haters.

Why don't you let it go already? We get it....you hate Arians and think you know more about running an offense, but, until you start hating on Haley, can't you (and I don't mean just "you", I mean ALL of you) just let it rest for now? There'll be plenty of offensive coordinator hating for you guys to do in just a few months...

GodfatherofSoul
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Can't wait for the first time Ben holds onto the ball 10 seconds too long and gets sacked.

Psycho Ward 86
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
haha no doubt a risk and reward guy, we knew that when we picked him up. Im willing to bet someone on the offense is going to make a public complaint about him, but hopefully all will be for the best

suitanim
04-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Can't wait for the first time Ben holds onto the ball 10 seconds too long and gets sacked.

Mental gymnastics will be done. Arians will somehow still be blamed.

SteelerEmpire
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Haley to Ben: "Throw the F****n ball ! Throw the F****n ball ! "

O'Malley
04-02-2012, 01:41 PM
IMO this is much needed... A little fire in a coach is a good thing.. Maybe this is what the offense needs to get to the next level.. Instead of being babied the whole season...

SteelGhost
04-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't expect Haley to have trouble with Big Ben, he's A LOT better QB than the ones Haley coached before :thumbsup:

O'Malley
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't expect Haley to have trouble with Big Ben, he's A LOT better QB than the ones Haley coached before :thumbsup:

Kurt Warner?

suitanim
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
IMO this is much needed... A little fire in a coach is a good thing.. Maybe this is what the offense needs to get to the next level.. Instead of being babied the whole season...

And this wild speculative hypothesis is based on exactly....................what?

O'Malley
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
And this wild speculative hypothesis is based on exactly....................what?

Suit you and I both know we are on opposite spectrums of this issue... Never really saw any fire from Bruce... Perhaps it's his style of coaching.. But athletes at times need to know thier place, and Haley is one coach not afraid to put them in thier place.. As for your view of my opinion so be it... I'm used to you taking offense to everything I say... Every coach I ever had at one point has yelled at me or my team mates.... It's called coaching.. That is just my opinion so we may not agree.. But I'm not going to argue with you on any issue from here on out.. You have your view and I have mine.. I'll leave it at that.

suitanim
04-02-2012, 04:19 PM
There have been plenty of effective coaches who have not reorted to yelling and screaming. Ultimately, Tomlin would be the responsible party here, anyway...if there was "babying" going on, it would be his job to eradicate it.

I just don't understand why we have to keep chasing re herrings here...

O'Malley
04-02-2012, 05:35 PM
There have been plenty of effective coaches who have not reorted to yelling and screaming. Ultimately, Tomlin would be the responsible party here, anyway...if there was "babying" going on, it would be his job to eradicate it.

I just don't understand why we have to keep chasing re herrings here...

Last I checked he did eradicate the problem, and hired the answer... JMHO.

GBMelBlount
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Cool.

Sure didn't see much of that last year...

Steeldude
04-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Exactly.

Psycho Ward 86
04-02-2012, 06:50 PM

^Boom.

suitanim
04-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Well, Rooney let his contract expire...after he was here for 5 years....but, you know, whatever....

Lunatics yelling and screaming up and down the sidelines are rarely great motivators.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
This is gonna make for some great TV!! Cant wait for the season to start.

Steeldude
04-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Well, Rooney let his contract expire...after he was here for 5 years....but, you know, whatever....

Lunatics yelling and screaming up and down the sidelines are rarely great motivators.

Cowher seemed to do ok. The Ravens appear to enjoy Lewis' yelling(motivation).

Maybe Haley will work out or maybe he will be a cancer. The good thing is he will have more than 3 plays to choose from and he won't coddle/baby the QB

SteelGhost
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Kurt Warner?

Ok, let's say Big Ben is a little better than KW :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
04-07-2012, 03:39 PM

I think i remember Cower running up and down the sidelines yelling and spitting.

X-Terminator
04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I think i remember Cower running up and down the sidelines yelling and spitting.

Cowher was also a player's coach who earned their respect by treating them like men instead of little kids. Haley showed during his tenure in KC that he did not have that kind of respect, which is why the team played better after he was gone. You can only go so long with the yelling and screaming while being an asshole on top of it. Having said that, it's probably best that Haley, at least for now, is a coordinator with a boss and FO who will tell him to cool his jets if he gets out of line.

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Cowher was also a player's coach who earned their respect by treating them like men instead of little kids. Haley showed during his tenure in KC that he did not have that kind of respect, which is why the team played better after he was gone. You can only go so long with the yelling and screaming while being an asshole on top of it. Having said that, it's probably best that Haley, at least for now, is a coordinator with a boss and FO who will tell him to cool his jets if he gets out of line.

Coaching is like being a leader.Sure there are different styles,but how you lead determines who will follow or not.I guess it's just a touchy subject to follow.

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
I can't wait for the day we line up on offense,and for the first time in a long time the defense has to go to school. No more telegraphed plays,what is coming next is the best medicine for a "seen it coming defense." That is how Bruce ran the offense. I have been an advocate of our offensive line through the years,and do not see it as being the glaring problem most seem to believe it to be. If we can focus back to our roots as a running offense,i don't see too many teams stopping us at "our" game.

86WARD
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Kurt Warner?

Yes. A lot better.

suitanim
04-09-2012, 07:43 AM
But being a leader is also about knowing how to motivate your people. Not everyone responds the same way. I've been a manager before, and I quickly learned that while you need to yell at some people to get them going, others need a more subtle approach. When you grow up, you learn what works for best for you...Ben has already said that screaming at him doesn't really motivate him. Ergo, if Haley starts screaming at Ben, while it might please some people who think that Ben for some reason has been coddled, it will, most likely, backfire. That also doesn't necessarily mean that he's spoiled or a prima donna, it may just mean exactly what he says it means: That he needs a different kind of motivation.

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2012, 07:53 AM
If you are any kind of a coach,you look at your supporting cast of players around you,then it's up to your own ability to come up with a way to bring those players to the fold.

X-Terminator
04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Yelling at me only works in the dojang. Other than that, it doesn't motivate me, it pisses me off. I'm sure most athletes are the same way.

O'Malley
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Yelling at me only works in the dojang. Other than that, it doesn't motivate me, it pisses me off. I'm sure most athletes are the same way.

I was always better at sports when I was pissed off.. Every coach I ever had yelled...

86WARD
04-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Since when is demanding production from your starting NFL players and passion a bad thing in a football coach...lol. Nah...let's keep the guy around that refused to change for how many seasons? Let's keep the shitty redzone offense, let's keep letting Ben get destroyed behind the line. Oh, that's right...it's all the players' fault. Couldn't be the quiet, non-demanding offensive genius on the sideline. nah...couldn't be him. He put all his players in a great place to succeed. Including the "franchise."

People hate change...oh well. Deal...

suitanim
04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Since when is demanding production from your starting NFL players and passion a bad thing in a football coach...lol. Nah...let's keep the guy around that refused to change for how many seasons? Let's keep the shitty redzone offense, let's keep letting Ben get destroyed behind the line. Oh, that's right...it's all the players' fault. Couldn't be the quiet, non-demanding offensive genius on the sideline. nah...couldn't be him. He put all his players in a great place to succeed. Including the "franchise."

People hate change...oh well. Deal...

Once again, your response is completely irrelevant and directed backwards at old arguments and debates.

PLEASE move on.

BlacknGoldBabe
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Haley screams at Ben. Ben pouts. How does one equate this to success??

86WARD
04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Once again, your response is completely irrelevant and directed backwards at old arguments and debates.

PLEASE move on.

Not really. It's pretty relevant...but sure...whatever you want. You'll eventually learn to do the same.

GBMelBlount
04-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I was always better at sports when I was pissed off.. Every coach I ever had yelled...

Nothing wrong with yelling and getting pissed off on occasion. In fact, it can be a great catalyst.

suitanim
04-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Not really. It's pretty relevant...but sure...whatever you want. You'll eventually learn to do the same.
Do you really think Haley is going to come in and scream at Ben and he's going to change the way he plays the game? The way he has always played the game?

Maybe you do...maybe you do.

Anyway, your "argument" that Arians somehow didn't demand quality play from BR is beyond ridiculous. And, again, it's old news. We have a new OC now...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Fact is, that each player responds to different cues for motivation. Some respond to confrontation and challenge, others respond to teaching and more nurturing approach. The job of the coach is to learn what flips the switch for each type and motivate accordingly.

suitanim
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
And I don't think any of us actually know yet if Haley screams and yells as a motivation tool or if he's just half lunatic (and I don't mean that in an insulting fashion...I just mean he could be a hothead).

What we DO know is that Ben says he doesn't respond to that. I think most adults know by a certain age what does and what does not motivate them, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (although I'm sure some will assert that he's just a pampered baby and that screaming at him WILL help). So the only credence I lend to all this media jib-jab about Haley and Ben not getting along would be if Haley decided to yell and scream at Ben and it backfires.

Regardless, I think it's ridiculous to assume or speculate that a new OC is going to have any bearing at all on Ben's style of play. He's played like that since High School. it ain't gonna change...

86WARD
04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
So Ben's "style" of play is to get butchered behind an, at times, shoddy o-line. Well that's cool then. Nevermind. Why try to fix that...

By the way, there's a few other guys Haley could yell at other than Ben...whys it always gotta be QB1?!? Lol...

SteelerEmpire
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
So Ben's "style" of play is to get butchered behind an, at times, shoddy o-line. Well that's cool then. Nevermind. Why try to fix that...

By the way, there's a few other guys Haley could yell at other than Ben...whys it always gotta be QB1?!? Lol...

Unlike the Cardinals or Chiefs, this IS the Steelers he's with now. So hopefully he won't end up getting coldcocked by any of the players. lol. I can kind of seeing that happening. But hopefully Tomlin and the front office will keep him in check so he won't stir up a mutiny amongst the troops.

suitanim
04-11-2012, 09:39 AM

He's a gunslinger. He extends plays. He takes some high risk/high reward chances. That's how he plays. Wishing it weren't so isn't going to change it.

GodfatherofSoul
04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
He's a gunslinger. He extends plays. He takes some high risk/high reward chances. That's how he plays. Wishing it weren't so isn't going to change it.

Wishing won't do it, but a size 10 boot to the buttocks might. Ben was getting way to chummy w/ Arians. When I heard him joking about how they'd flip for who got to make calls on drives, that's when I knew something (someone) had to change.

suitanim
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Wishing won't do it, but a size 10 boot to the buttocks might. Ben was getting way to chummy w/ Arians. When I heard him joking about how they'd flip for who got to make calls on drives, that's when I knew something (someone) had to change.

And there it is. The false narrative..."Ben will play better when Haley screams at him to change the way he plays".

None of that is happening. Sorry...

The WH
04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Hines Ward being cut is the best thing that could have happened to Haley. I think alot of people will get over him screaming at Ben pretty quickly if it happens. I can guarantee you, though, that if he were to scream at Hines Ward people would want his head on a plate.

Though Hines hardly gave coaches a reason to scream.

suitanim
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I just don't see what the point would be...it's almost like people are looking forward to this happening or something.

GodfatherofSoul
04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
And there it is. The false narrative..."Ben will play better when Haley screams at him to change the way he plays".

None of that is happening. Sorry...

I don't think he'll be yelling at him on the sidelines, but I bet you Ben won't be joking about switching up play-calling with the OC on a whim and holding onto the ball like he has been.

suitanim
04-12-2012, 05:48 AM
I don't think he'll be yelling at him on the sidelines, but I bet you Ben won't be joking about switching up play-calling with the OC on a whim and holding onto the ball like he has been.

Operative word being "joking".

86WARD
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM

So they shouldn't try to fix the OLine to help save him a couple hits here and there? I for one love his style of play. For every time he "holds the ball too long" he makes how many plays that are positive?!?

But why not address a shoddy OLine and save a couple hits that you and I and everyone here knows weren't necessary and weren't from his "gunslinger style.".

suitanim
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
So they shouldn't try to fix the OLine to help save him a couple hits here and there? I for one love his style of play. For every time he "holds the ball too long" he makes how many plays that are positive?!?

But why not address a shoddy OLine and save a couple hits that you and I and everyone here knows weren't necessary and weren't from his "gunslinger style.".

You're acting like I'm in disagreement. I'm not. It's essential that we fix the oline. It will make our running game more effective, which will, in turn, make our passing game more effective. Think of the Colts for a second. One of Peyton's favorite plays was actually a little stretch RUNNING play. When everyone executed, the running play worked, and when the running play worked, when he ran play action off it, the PASSING play worked.

I'm addressing the notion that somehow somebody is going to get in Ben's grill and scream at him a bit and he's going to turn into Tom Brady. That's absurd.

GBMelBlount
04-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Fact is, that each player responds to different cues for motivation.

Some respond to confrontation and challenge, others respond to teaching and more nurturing approach.

The job of the coach is to learn what flips the switch for each type and motivate accordingly.

While I have never been a big fan of the "suckling grasshopper" approach with regard to coaching in contact sports, you are most definitely right that the best coaches know how to bring out the best in each player. Eveyone is different.

http://youtu.be/knxSHxTEf4Q

86WARD
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
You're acting like I'm in disagreement. I'm not. It's essential that we fix the oline. It will make our running game more effective, which will, in turn, make our passing game more effective. Think of the Colts for a second. One of Peyton's favorite plays was actually a little stretch RUNNING play. When everyone executed, the running play worked, and when the running play worked, when he ran play action off it, the PASSING play worked.

I'm addressing the notion that somehow somebody is going to get in Ben's grill and scream at him a bit and he's going to turn into Tom Brady. That's absurd.

Then we're on the same page...lol.