PDA

View Full Version : WR Sanders' durability a concern for Steelers coach Tomlin

SteelerEmpire
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
I knew this was gonna be an issue.

---------------------

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has concerns about one of his top wide receivers, but it isn't Mike Wallace.

LINK: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_788672.html

suitanim
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
There's another refernce to T.Y. Hilton again. I'm telling you, this kid has Antonio Brown II written all over him...and he's Wallace-fast. I saw him play up close and personal against Akron (and I mean I was down on the sidelines) and he is the real deal.

steelerdude15
03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
... He didn't have any issues until the super bowl his rookie season and was outplaying Brown. So he had one year with injuries, they all do. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Shoes
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
There's another refernce to T.Y. Hilton again. I'm telling you, this kid has Antonio Brown II written all over him...and he's Wallace-fast. I saw him play up close and personal against Akron (and I mean I was down on the sidelines) and he is the real deal.

He looks good suit.

ShutDown24
03-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm not very concerned. If he misses a lot of time this year, we can talk.

Steeltreal
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
"Teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-area players prior to the draft."

Cant we get that whole list?

Steeltreal
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Nice if he can lineup anywhere. Could be a Haley Pick, he did draft Dexter McCluster early.

Chidi29
03-28-2012, 09:23 PM
"Teams are allowed to host 30 out-of-area players prior to the draft."

Cant we get that whole list?

We've only brought in three. At least, three that are known. Baron Batch slipped through the cracks last year.

bayz101
03-28-2012, 09:35 PM
He missed one game if I remember correctly due to his mothers passing. I'm not sold on him being injury-prone.

GBMelBlount
03-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Tomlin may simply be saying this to further motivate Sanders...

The "competition" he created between Sanders and Brown rookie year certainly seemed to motivate them both.

ALLD
03-29-2012, 02:38 PM

I am an alumnus of FIU Class of 1988. Go T.Y. and Paris!

Bluecoat96
03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
IMHO Sanders, much like Pouncey, had issues last year because of WHEN their previous injuries happened during the 2010 season. I think that the lack of contact with team trainers/physicians during the lockout really hurt players that were injured late in the year in 2010. I'd be interested to see if other teams had problems with this as well.

zulater
03-30-2012, 05:19 AM
IMHO Sanders, much like Pouncey, had issues last year because of WHEN their previous injuries happened during the 2010 season. I think that the lack of contact with team trainers/physicians during the lockout really hurt players that were injured late in the year in 2010. I'd be interested to see if other teams had problems with this as well.

Excellent point. However I do think Tomlin was sending a less than subtle message to Sanders. So there might be a little more to it. I'll guess we'll find out a lot this year.

If he can stay healthy though I think he's almost on par with Brown and Wallace. I could see the Steelers having 3 1,000 yard receivers in a season for the first time in their history if all these guys stay healthy.

Bluecoat96
03-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Excellent point. However I do think Tomlin was sending a less than subtle message to Sanders. So there might be a little more to it. I'll guess we'll find out a lot this year.

If he can stay healthy though I think he's almost on par with Brown and Wallace. I could see the Steelers having 3 1,000 yard receivers in a season for the first time in their history if all these guys stay healthy.

Good point. Tomlin is very good at making sure he gets his point across to his players. Must be the sociology degree from William and Mary. lol