PDA

View Full Version : And the rest of the story....

stillers4me
05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
May 28, 2010

Update: Little Maddox meets Big Ben

The meeting took place Friday, April 23, 2010 and was posted here on April 29th. After Maddox's meeting, he wanted to send Ben a photo of the two of them with his autograph (in crayon). Ben said he would do an even exchange - an autographed photo of him for an autographed photo of Maddox, but he sent much more!
Maddox's parents sent me an update this afternoon:

http://bigbennews.com/images/news_pics/ben-maddox_042610_news.jpgHey Erin,
We received the pictures today! Maddox was so pumped! Now he thinks Ben is his biggest fan because that is what he wrote to Maddox!
If you can, tell Ben we couldn't say thanks enough to him! He has just made Maddox so happy!
Today we got a package mailed directly from Ben's parents (Ken and Brenda) and it had more autographed items in it than we expected.
So the tally for one simple meeting turned into 2 autographed authentic NFL action photos and 3 autographed cards as well as a personal photo taken with my son. The autographed photos of Ben scoring the first TD of Super Bowl 40 and Ben making "the tackle" against Indy are just awesome.
If people are going to tell every negative story, I'm going to continue to tell the positive ones too. It's only fair.

Once Again...
*Thank you so much to both of Maddox's parents, Colin and Nicole, for sharing their story and the update with us!
*Thank you also to Becky and Trish!
*And of course, thank you to Ben!

http://bigbennews.com/

stillers4me
05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
ok....admins: When I copied and pasted the story, the picture came with it. Is that ok......?

If it is....it's pretty damn cool.

BlastFurnace
05-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

I sure hope that Ben can continue to repair his image.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Awe good for Ben and little Maddox. Ben has no idea the impact he has put on this little boy for the rest of his life and I sure hope Ben continues to show this side of him!

Devilsdancefloor
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
thanks for the update! Great story!

kmsteelerwr15
05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

ChosenOne
05-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Of course Ben will do this. What is he gonna do, say "no" to the kid after what's happened?

Hindes204
05-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Good for Ben, this is great for his image

X-Terminator
05-30-2010, 10:27 PM
ok....admins: When I copied and pasted the story, the picture came with it. Is that ok......?

If it is....it's pretty damn cool.

Yes it is. It's SO much easier to post pictures here than on the old board.

SteelGhost
05-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Nice story, thanks for sharing S4M !!

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
damn thats tight! i wanna go find ben on a golf course now!

solardave
05-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Great story. We need to see more of this Ben. Sure would be nice to see him settle down and make a little Ben so we coudl have a future QB LOL

cakmakli
05-31-2010, 05:42 AM
I really hope that Ben has learned a lesson from all of this and comes out a better person. Maybe what happened will turn out to be a good thing for him and for the Steelers.

ALLD
05-31-2010, 06:41 AM
That part of the job of being starting QB is the most rewarding. However, it takes a mature man to recognize that fact.

Shawn
05-31-2010, 08:28 AM
Great story. I hope we see more of this from Ben in the future.

siss
05-31-2010, 08:37 AM
This is the kind of thing that I think is cool. Because Ben signed the kids autograph tookl pictures with him. He made that kids day. And then when his parents started telling everyone about it, thats when Ben really stepped it up and gave the kid an "even exchange". So now this kid, who already loves Ben, thinks Ben is his biggest fan. Not only does Ben have a fan for life no matter what he does for the rest of his career, but its just a cool story. And proves that Ben isn't the worlds biggest ass and he can be a decent guy...just don't let him near co-eds...
I hope this is the stuff we hear more about from Ben.