PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin may be in line for a new contract

polamalubeast
03-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin could be in line for another new contract. Tomlin has two years left on the contract he signed in 2010, though the final one is an option year. That means the Steelers could approach Tomlin about a new deal before the start of the season. "Our coach's contract is something we don't really try to speculate on what might happen," Steelers president Art Rooney II told the Tribune-Review on Friday. "We're obviously very happy with Mike and the job he's doing and we hope he's going to be here for the long term and I think I'm comfortable in saying that will be the case." Tomlin won a Super Bowl in his second season with the Steelers, and his .688 winning percentage (55-25) is the best in franchise history. Tomlin has guided the Steelers to three AFC North titles and four playoff appearances in five years.

Read more: Tomlin may be in line for a new contract - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_788095.html?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers #ixzz1q2m00IZN

Moose
03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
I think they talk with him at the end of next season.

salamander
03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Tomlin sucks. Fire the bum. :chuckle:

steeldevil
03-24-2012, 10:13 AM
They are Cowher's players, can't draft, doesn't unleash hell properly, doesn't win the SB every year.... etc etc...

:lol: :boink:

tube517
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Tomlin is just a puppet for that meddling Rooney and that 70s show star, Colbert. :chuckle:

The Duke
03-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Well House is ending, he's gotta be worried about his future

SMR
03-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Well House is ending, he's gotta be worried about his future

Lol. Good one.

polamalubeast
03-25-2012, 09:07 AM
There aren't any other good coaches out there so extend him. I think we are often times out coached and no matter who the coordinators are, that ultimately falls on the head coach. There were quite a few games with threads on here afterwords saying we were out coached, and I agree, especially due to the lack of in game adjustment. That said, he is new too and like anything else, he will get better with experience. With Hines, Smith, and Farrior gone I think you can say this is Tomlin's team starting now, no longer is the Cowher's team argument valid. Sure there may be a few players that played a year or two on Cowher's team, but many haven't and the veteran leadership from the Cowher years is gone now and is up to other players now. Who would be available anyway, Herm Edwards or Mangini? Screw that, extend Tomlin.

:rolleyes:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87975

XxKnightxX
03-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Fire Arians! , oh wait, check, Fire Tomlin!