PDA

View Full Version : TMC's Draft Guide for Sale!

fansince'76
03-23-2012, 02:53 PM
In case anyone's wondering, TMC is a member here who is extremely knowledgeable about many facets of the NFL, particularly the salary cap, personnel issues and the draft. His 2012 draft guide (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Pro-Football-Draft-Guide-/150784422110?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%2BC%26itu%3DUA %26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D150784384748%26ps%3D63%26clkid %3D7210996876925785629) is on sale now!

A synopsis of the guide in TMC's words:

I am selling my new 2012 Pro Football Draft Guide. It is a .pdf file of the draft guide that contains over 700 player profiles. It has a mock draft, top 300 rankings, team needs, and other draft related segments, but the bulk of this 784 page work is its 700 individual player profiles. With 256 players selected in each draft, it will cover all your teams players and the majority of the undrafted free agents your team signs after the draft ends. You can have player profiles at your finger tips. When your team opens training camp, know each new face and where he needs to improve. This book has been months in the making. There isn't any fluff and this is only for the most hardcore draft followers.

Upon purchase, you must include an email address so I can return the .PDF file.

TMC's Draft Guide (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Pro-Football-Draft-Guide-/150784422110?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%2BC%26itu%3DUA %26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D150784384748%26ps%3D63%26clkid %3D7210996876925785629)

Chidi29
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow, for only $9 too. That's a steal!

Though it says the listing has ended...?

fansince'76
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Though it says the listing has ended...?

I noticed that, but it really hasn't, though - I updated the link.

TMC
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry about that guys. I initially posted the link and did the listing. I put down a quantity of one. It sold. Said it ended. I am Ebay challenged. Go figure. I have it listed again with a quantity of 100 and it counts down. Now that I understand it, it should go smoother.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

TMC
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
fansince'76, can you send me your email addy.

TMC
03-23-2012, 03:42 PM
And, I will likely be around more to talk draft and football. That little 784-page monster ate up some time.

Here is a sample profile.....

Name: Luke Kuechly
College: Boston College
Height: 6032
Weight: 242
Arm Length: 31"
Hand Size: 9 3/4"
Position: Inside Linebackers
Position Rank: 1

Workout numbers gathered from: Combine
40 Yard Dash: 4.58
20 Yard Split: not available
10 Yard Split: not available
Bench Press Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 38"
Broad Jump: 10'3"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.12
3-Cone Drill: 6.92

POSITION SPECIFICS
Stance: Kuechly plays middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme and this appears to be his best fit.
Initial Quickness: He has excellent timed quickness and speed, but he does not always translate that to the field. He is not a guy that is going to plant and explode.
Recognition: He will take a false step sometimes, but he is excellent at reading the play and sliding into position. He can make up for his lack of speed with his ability to read the play and move into position.
Hold Point: He fills well at the point of attack. He will take on blockers in the hole and can scrape off them to make plays. He is not an overpowering guy but can be tough when he plays downhill.
Disengage: He will use his hands while moving and can slip off the blockers and make tackles.
Versus Inside Run: He has the ability to slide with the runner and turn up into the gaps and make plays. If he sees the creases, he can fly through them to make plays in the backfield. He is very good between the tackles.
Pursuit Outside: He is not a sideline to sideline linebacker. He does not play with that elite speed to cut off the edges and can be late to get to runners outside the numbers. He will chase the play, but simply does not get to the edges like an athlete of his caliber should.
Move through Trash: He will see creases and move through them to get to the football but can get caught watching the runner and when this happens, he can get leveled by blockers.
Tackling: He breaks down and wraps up the football. He will miss some elite guys in space due to a difference in quickness, but for the most part, he is solid.
Pass Rush-Blitz: He is seldom used as a pass rusher and plays more in coverage.
Zone Coverage: He gets good depth on his drops and shows the ability to slide with the quarterbacks eyes. He has good feel for zone coverage and is often in position to make plays. He shows a good ability to close on the football.
Man Coverage: He can handle coverage for shorter areas but his lack of agility and speed will allow the receiver to come open down the field. He will be limited in the man coverages he can play at the next level unless he can translate his timed speed to game speed.
Hands: He has very good hands and has the ability to pluck the ball from the sky.
Special Teams: He has the ability to be a core special teams player in the NFL.
Conclusion: Kuechly is a great leader on the field and shows a keen understanding of the game. He appears to be a best fit as a middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme. His workout times were excellent but he simply does not translate that to the field. At this point, he lacks the pure speed and agility to chase the edges. He does not play sideline to sideline and can lose guys on the edge. When he plays between the numbers, he shows the ability to stuff the run and play excellent zone coverages. He slides well down the lines and can fill the holes. He is physical and can take on blockers, sliding off to make tackles. He has a very high floor and is unlikely to bust. If he can translate his workout speed to game speed, he has a lot of potential. He is what he is and any team needing an out of the box ready middle linebacker should pay close attention to Kuechly.

ShutDown24
03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
700 player profiles? Dear lord. You must not be kidding about it "eating up some time". I'll gladly drop 9 bucks on a reference like that - the Kuechly profile sold it. I hope its sales exceed your expectations buddy, that's a lot of time to invest in evaluation.

TMC
03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I can honestly state that the only evaluations that are shorter are the punters and kickers. They are closer to a half page. The player evaluations start on page 20 and end on page 781. No photos. No blank pages. You get 760 pages simple talking about the 710 players I have listed. To break it down even further, I have 36 QBs, 59 RBs, 14 FBs, 97 WRs, 37 TEs, 58 OTs, 39 OGs, 24 Cs, 53 DTs, 62 DEs, 55 OLBs, 30 ILBs, 77 CBs, 29 SSs, 30 FSs, 5 Ks, and 5 Ps.

Each has as much information as I could lay hands on.

fansince'76
03-23-2012, 05:37 PM
fansince'76, can you send me your email addy.

Check your PMs. :thumbsup:

ShutDown24
03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm almost through the quarterbacks, page 64 - reading almost every word. I've skimmed around some too; comparing what I think of some prospects to what TMC has written. There are some things I disagree with as is rather unavoidable, but definitely the most comprehensive collection of knowledge I've seen regarding the draft. It's a very useful reference.

And I must say my jaw dropped more than once when reading the mock draft.

TMC
03-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I am terrible at mock drafts. What I like and what I think teams should do never seem to correspond with what actually happens. And, it is more than a month out.....things take shape about a week or two prior. A lot will change.

TMC
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Let me also add, I do not think that all my profiles are the end-all be-all of these prospects. Some I like more than others. Some I hate. I cannot stand Osemele from Iowa State. Too big and stiff for my liking. Others love him. I really like Demario Davis of Arkansas State....almost enough to pass on Kuechly and Hightower in the first and take him later. I think he will change someone's defense.

Others may feel differently. That is the great thing about the draft. Different opinions makes lively debate. The real upside, all of us will be wrong more than we are right.

60_MINUTES
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Yep TMC may be the best I ever saw at the mock drafts and what these players are all about.. even though he doesnt watch the Steeler Games on SUnday he is a very good Draft Guru..

TMC
04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I thought I would share this. I ordered a paper copy of my own draft guide (through Amazon). It arrived today.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/TMC4REAL/IMG00728.jpg

It is the size of a telephone book. I am pretty stoked. It turned out WAY better than I ever hoped. Sorry, just kind of excited. And, there is only 1 blank page (last one) in those 590 pages. I may miss on the evaluations, but nobody can say they got short changed on the work.

stillers4me
04-24-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread....that is awesome TMC!

Bravo! :applaudit: