PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Broncos could now target Steelers' Wallace

SteelerEmpire
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
By Jamison Hensley
Peyton Manning answered one question, choosing to play quarterback for the Broncos next season, multiple sources told ESPN.

But here's another one: Whom are you going to throw the ball to, Peyton? Some might answer Pittsburgh's Mike Wallace.

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfDxh?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

XxKnightxX
03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah the Baltimore Homer definitely doesnt want him here. At this point well see what happens. If hey go after him, well see if Colbert is willing to match it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, pretty sad that minutes after the Manning signing, the Baltimore homer Hemsley starts writing about Wallace being a target.

It could happen, but does he even know that Demaryus Thomas and Eric Decker are decent receivers that Manning will make better. Those guys would have caught the pass that Lee Evans dropped in the playoffs.

GodfatherofSoul
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I foresee a plague of locusts and frogs descending upon Denver.

tube517
03-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah, pretty sad that minutes after the Manning signing, the Baltimore homer Hemsley starts writing about Wallace being a target.

It could happen, but does he even know that Demaryus Thomas and Eric Decker are decent receivers that Manning will make better. Those guys would have caught the pass that Lee Evans dropped in the playoffs.

They would have caught many passes that Pierre Waiter dropped.

86WARD
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Can't be possible that some other team is looking at Wallace...

SteelGhost
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Definitely this guy (Hensley) is a ..........

Chidi29
03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
This is just trying to connect the dots. Not actual journalistic reporting. There's a big difference.

KeiselPower99
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I saw that on bspn and just started laughing.

SteelGhost
03-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I saw that on bspn and just started laughing.

...and I started puking :lol:

tube517
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Jamison's blog has no visitors. He's reaching

Devilsdancefloor
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
this douche never writes anything that is worth the bandwidth it is taking up. the AFC blog after he spews this crap is full a lot of hateful comments at first i didnt know why but know i see why. if his name is on it i ignore it like i do it peter king writes something

BigNastyDefense
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Hensley is such a Baltimore homer. I guess nobody ever told him that writing the AFC Blog means he has to be an objective writer. Even when he writes something negative about the Ravens, he makes it sound better than what it is. But when he writes anything negative about the Steelers, and you'd think that the Steelers just finished last in the division. I don't think this hack has ever written anything positive about the Steelers.

Could the Broncos make an offer to Mike Wallace? It's possible...but how much cap room are they going to have after signing Manning? I am sure they'd like to resign Brodrick Bunkley who played very well on the interior of their defensive line last season. And Bunkley's not going to exactly come dirt cheap.

They don't need Wallace to win the division, they likely don't need Wallace to go deep into the playoffs. It's likely that they don't need Wallace to win the conference if they can do so.

However, they do need to get better on the offensive line if they want to keep Manning healthy. It doesn't have to be a neck injury to lose him for the season, and if there's a clause in his contract to protect the Broncos from paying him an insane amount of money if he can't play because of his neck...it won't protect them if something else gets hurt because the line cannot protect him.

In the end, Mike Wallace doesn't top the list of positions they need to fix. Manning made Pierre Garcon look like a potential #1 receiver, he made Brandon Stokley look better than he was, he made Jacob Tamme look good. I am sure he can do fine with the receivers on the Broncos.

Could they go after Wallace? Yeah, of course it's a possibility. I think the type of contract they would tender him would be one the Steelers would be able to match. And if the Steelers don't match it? Then it would be thank you for the extra first rounder...allowing us to take an interior offensive lineman.

Psycho Ward 86
03-19-2012, 10:03 PM
This is just trying to connect the dots. Not actual journalistic reporting. There's a big difference.

for that line alone, you should be hired as a sports broadcaster or analyst anywhere you want

suitanim
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Could they afford him after overpaying so badly for Peyton?

ShutDown24
03-21-2012, 01:53 AM
I haven't seen this come up yet, so I'll go ahead and mention it. Doesn't anyone remember what happened last time Mike Wallace interacted with Broncos fans? Excuse the language, but he did the mile high salute and yelled "Fuck yall" into the crowd. If you are a Broncos fan, do you want him on your team?

tube517
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Could they afford him after overpaying so badly for Peyton?

This