PDA

View Full Version : Steelers safety Clark says 'no one' wants to play for Dolphins

polamalubeast
03-19-2012, 02:34 AM
So why are the Dolphins having a hard time luring free agents to South Beach? Steelers safety Ryan Clark has a theory.

After Clark congratulated quarterback Matt Flynn on joining the Seahawks via Twitter, one of Clark’s followers writes that “NO ONE wants to go to the Dolphins!” Clark responds by saying, “No one! To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to.”

Clark was referring to his decision in 2010 to stay with the Steelers in lieu of joining the Dolphins.

So what’s the issue? Clark later says, “It’s my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions.”

Here’s referring, presumably, to G.M. Jeff Ireland.

Clark didn’t specifically say whether other players share his opinion, but it’s implied in the “No one!” tweet.

If it’s true, the Dolphins need to find a way to fix the situation. If it’s not true, the Dolphins need to find a way to reverse a false perception.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/ryan-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-join-the-dolphins/

suitanim
03-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Okey dokey, Clark. Love your play on the field, but someone needs to shut down your Twitter feed already...

polamalubeast
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Okey dokey, Clark. Love your play on the field, but someone needs to shut down your Twitter feed already...

But I think Clark is 100% right when he says that no one wants to play with the dolphins.

The front office and owner of dolphins are a joke.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm OK with the comments. but, I dont really know if he has an axe to grind with Ireland or if he is just tweeting his opinion based on his almost signing there and finding out that it wasnt the place to be.

suitanim
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
My point is more about seeing a new tweet from him like every day....and most of them are at least semi-controversial. The Steelers need to fly under the radar more in the off-season...

The Duke
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
My point is more about seeing a new tweet from him like every day....and most of them are at least semi-controversial. The Steelers need to fly under the radar more in the off-season...

completely agree

There's no doubt the fins have some big issues with Ireland at the top, but those issues shouldn't be brought up by players. From another team!

Godfather
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Does 2006 really have anything to do with today? It's not the same regime in Miami.

Plus Clark might have avoided Miami because he didn't want to play for Nick $aban. He was recruited to LSU and played his first couple of years under Gerry Dimardo, then played his last two years under the Little Nicktator. Maybe he didn't want to do that again.

Bluecoat96
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Does 2006 really have anything to do with today? It's not the same regime in Miami.

Plus Clark might have avoided Miami because he didn't want to play for Nick $aban. He was recruited to LSU and played his first couple of years under Gerry Dimardo, then played his last two years under the Little Nicktator. Maybe he didn't want to do that again.

Clark isn't referring to 2006, he's referring to almost signing there before the 2010 season, and then coming to his senses and signing back up with the Steelers.

ALLD
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Ireland is a complete tool. One of his interview tactics is to ask potential rookies if their mother was ever a prostitute to observe a person's reaction. He was called out in the Miami media for that style and I thought he should have been fired immediately for such unconventional methods.

XxKnightxX
03-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Ireland is a complete tool. One of his interview tactics is to ask potential rookies if their mother was ever a prostitute to observe a person's reaction. He was called out in the Miami media for that style and I thought he should have been fired immediately for such unconventional methods.

How ironic how Parcells hated kickers so much, yet he hired a former kicker to be a GM. Classic!

SteelGhost
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I agree with Suit and Duke, Ryan needs to STFU and focus on HIS team.

polamalubeast
03-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Ex-Dolphins LB Porter says GM Ireland to blame for team's woes

On Monday, a clearly disgruntled Miami Dolphins fan decided the best way to vent his frustration with the franchise was to hack the Wikipedia page of general manager Jeff Ireland.

The result of this prank was a biography filled with a lot of (incredibly funny) nonsense, but the greater point was not lost. People are down on Jeff Ireland. Real down.

This isn't exactly news. Ireland isn't a popular figure in South Florida, not with fans and certainly not with some ex-Dolphins who have been vocal in the media.

Take free-agent linebacker Joey Porter, who didn't pull any punches Monday in explaining to NFL Network why he believed Miami is having trouble attracting free agents this offseason.

"I think Jeff Ireland has a big part to do with it," said Porter, who spent three seasons with the Dolphins from 2007-09. "I don't think when you come in being recruited by him you really believe things coming out of his mouth. I think he's a guy that's not trustworthy. He really doesn't hold up to what a GM's supposed to be."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b7a09/article/porter-says-dolphins-can-blame-struggles-on-ireland?module=HP11_headline_stack

Devilsdancefloor
03-20-2012, 08:31 AM
to be honest i kinda followed this on twitter i really think he was joking around at first then all the phins fans started in on him, so being human he kinda just let things get a bit out of hand, but is he wrong?