PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark: How the Steelers Utilized Free Agency Correctly at the Redskins’ Expense

stillers4me
03-18-2012, 07:23 AM
The beginning of the Free Agency period marks the beginning of a tried and true March tradition for N.F.L. fans: watching the Washington Redskins aimlessly throw money around at Free Agents like Charlie Sheen at anything that moves at a “Gentleman’s Club.” Over the years it has sometimes hurt to watch as the Washington brass have given ridiculous sums of money and contracts to players which have neither the talent, or work-ethic, or bill of health etc. to live up to the lofty expectations which come with said contracts. That is exactly why when I think of the Washington Redskins and Free Agency, I think of names like Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkinson, elderly Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, Jeff George, and the ever-popular Albert Haynesworth.

The Steelers on the other hand have used Free Agency in a completely different manner than the Redskins over the years, and exercised temperance and frugality with regards to the markets as opposed to a “making it rain” strategy. This tried and true policy has served Pittsburgh well, as they have acquired some pretty fantastic and important players over said span......................

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/03/17/ryan-clark-how-the-steelers-utilized-free-agency-correctly-at-the-redskins-expense/

suitanim
03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
as Willie Parker correctly pointed out after his expereince with the Skins, Washington is involved in somthing else, while Pittsburgh is a serious football entity.

86WARD
03-18-2012, 07:49 AM
as Willie Parker correctly pointed out after his expereince with the Skins, Washington is involved in somthing else, while Pittsburgh is a serious football entity.

This.

tube517
03-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Clark for $7 million for 4 years in 2006. Colbert and Khan don't know what they are doing. Who authorized this? The meddling Rooneys. What a bunch of spendthrifts. :chuckle:

Seriously, that is the reason they are the model franchise. They find a way to make it work.

SteelGhost
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Steelers and Redskins in the same conversation ? No way :lol:

SMR
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Steelers and Redskins in the same conversation ? No way :lol:

ROFL!!