PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Says Spygate Hurt Integrity Of The Game More Than Bountygate Did

polamalubeast
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/ryan-clark-says-spygate-hurt-integrity-of-the-game-more-than-bountygate-did/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

BigNastyDefense
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
I would completely agree with this. I didn't even have to read the article.

The NFL isn't pissed that this happened in the first placed, the NFL is pissed because it wasn't stopped. They feel like Williams and the Saints spit in their face to keep going with this business-as-normal when they were told to stop without penalty. Most fans accept that the NFL is a violent sport and injuries happen. We don't like that players were supposedly being paid for cart-offs, but few fans are up in arms about it.

Hell, it's not even news anymore. Everyone is more enamored with following the Peyton Manning Express across the country in his free agency tour.

Most fans are still pissed about Spygate. Spygate will never be forgotten. Fans of the Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Panthers, and Rams all feel cheated by Spygate because the Patriots straight up cheated their way to three Super Bowl Championships via their video taping of other team's signals and their using injured reserve players in practice to get their veterans extra rest.

And I think that most fans are pissed about is the fact that Roger Goodell swept this under the rug as best he could by destroying all evidence instead of releasing it to the media so everyone could see the extent the cheating went to. The Patriots were stripped of the 31st pick in the NFL Draft and allowed to keep their higher pick from the Saints, and the team was fined (owner is a billionaire) and the head coach was fined (and he is a millionaire). Titles were not stripped, asterisks were not assigned to three Super Bowls, the Patriots were not asked to even make a public apology.

In the end, Spygate hurt the integrity of the game from the cheating actions to the way it was handled by Roger Goodell.

polamalubeast
03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
without Spygate, I think the Steelers have made ​​a trip to the super bowl in 2001 and 2004.

I think the Rams would have won in 2001 and that the Steelers would have won against the Eagles in 2004.

In 2003, I think the Colts would have won, Manning was unbelievable before the game against the Pats.

suitanim
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Difference is, "bountygate" most probably had very little impact on any more than maybe a handful of games, whereas spygate changed the course of entire seasons, as well as championships. The former is much easier to deal with, since they can just go back and discipline a few people and forget about it. Spygate was way too "hard" to tackle, so Goodell just pulled an Ostrich and buried his head.

SMR
03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I would completely agree with this. I didn't even have to read the article.

The NFL isn't pissed that this happened in the first placed, the NFL is pissed because it wasn't stopped. They feel like Williams and the Saints spit in their face to keep going with this business-as-normal when they were told to stop without penalty. Most fans accept that the NFL is a violent sport and injuries happen. We don't like that players were supposedly being paid for cart-offs, but few fans are up in arms about it.

Hell, it's not even news anymore. Everyone is more enamored with following the Peyton Manning Express across the country in his free agency tour.

Most fans are still pissed about Spygate. Spygate will never be forgotten. Fans of the Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Panthers, and Rams all feel cheated by Spygate because the Patriots straight up cheated their way to three Super Bowl Championships via their video taping of other team's signals and their using injured reserve players in practice to get their veterans extra rest.

And I think that most fans are pissed about is the fact that Roger Goodell swept this under the rug as best he could by destroying all evidence instead of releasing it to the media so everyone could see the extent the cheating went to. The Patriots were stripped of the 31st pick in the NFL Draft and allowed to keep their higher pick from the Saints, and the team was fined (owner is a billionaire) and the head coach was fined (and he is a millionaire). Titles were not stripped, asterisks were not assigned to three Super Bowls, the Patriots were not asked to even make a public apology.

In the end, Spygate hurt the integrity of the game from the cheating actions to the way it was handled by Roger Goodell.

I echo your post.

So....Tom Brady is gay and the Patsies suck!

steelerdude15
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Difference is, "bountygate" most probably had very little impact on any more than maybe a handful of games, whereas spygate changed the course of entire seasons, as well as championships. The former is much easier to deal with, since they can just go back and discipline a few people and forget about it. Spygate was way too "hard" to tackle, so Goodell just pulled an Ostrich and buried his head.

Yeah, the Pats started doing it in 2000 and didn't stop till they were caught in 2007 I believe.