PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark does not expect Mike Wallace to be a Steeler in 2012

polamalubeast
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Ryan Clark is on NFL Total Access right now as an analyst and when asked if he thought Mike Wallace would be a Steeler next season he danced around the question. He thought the organization would do anything they could to keep him. He also thought someone would be smart enough to get the best deep threat in football for a first round pick. He does not expect to see Wallace on the team next year.

Clark just said something that we are all thinking anyways. Wallace wants to get paid. Someone is most likely going to pay him. The Steelers do not have the money to match and that means he will not be here next season. It is a sad thing to think about but if even his teammates think he is gone then unless no one offers him a contract do not expect to see Wallace in a Steelers uniform at the start of the 2012 season.

It may be time to start thinking about what we will really do with that extra first round pick in April.

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2012/03/12/ryan-clark-does-not-expect-mike-wallace-to-be-a-steeler-in-2012/

agree with clark

SteelMayhem72
03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Ryan Clark is awesome and enjoyed watching him on the NFL network!!

SteelMayhem72
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes I do agree with Clark that Wallace will not be with us next season...sad but I have faith we will replace him well!!

BigNastyDefense
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I feel that we can still keep him, but to do so he can't sign a front-loaded tender from another team. If he does that, the Steelers will just take the first round pick and upgrade the team at another position.

Pristas
03-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I feel that we can still keep him, but to do so he can't sign a front-loaded tender from another team. If he does that, the Steelers will just take the first round pick and upgrade the team at another position.

We are so good at picking in the first round, I would love to get another! Wallace will get paid, and we will have three amazing receivers right behind him. Sanders, Brown and Cotchery. Chances are we could find another Brown deeper in the draft... we've seemed to have a good eye for receivers the past few years. Maybe Blackmon will be available at our spot...:lol:

SteelerEmpire
03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
There's a bang of good WR's coming into this draft. Teams will see what they can get first, on the cheap, before they'll come off that much money and their 1st round pick for Wallace.

Chidi29
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Contracts are typically backloaded.

I still don't see any team giving up a first rounder AND having to give Wallace a 5 year/60 million deal regardless of the talent level he brings. Huge investments.

86WARD
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Contracts are typically backloaded.

I still don't see any team giving up a first rounder AND having to give Wallace a 5 year/60 million deal regardless of the talent level he brings. Huge investments.

Not if a team wanted to ensure that the Steelers don't match their offer, they could "front-load" it to a point where the Steelers couldn't match for this season. A team like the 49ers was in prime position to do that. The thing the Steelers have in their back pocket if they want or need to is Hampton and/or Mendenhall's salary...obviously, more so Hampton's if necessary. They also have James Harrison's contract they could redo. If they really want to keep Wallace, they can find a way.

Chidi29
03-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Not if a team wanted to ensure that the Steelers don't match their offer, they could "front-load" it to a point where the Steelers couldn't match for this season. A team like the 49ers was in prime position to do that. The thing the Steelers have in their back pocket if they want or need to is Hampton and/or Mendenhall's salary...obviously, more so Hampton's if necessary. They also have James Harrison's contract they could redo. If they really want to keep Wallace, they can find a way.

Exactly. RFAs don't go anywhere. I'm still not concerned in the least about Wallace leaving.

Shoes
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Exactly. RFAs don't go anywhere. I'm still not concerned in the least about Wallace leaving.

Nor am I Chidi............by the way how is school going?

Chidi29
03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Nor am I Chidi............by the way how is school going?

It's going really well. Just shocked by how quickly it's flown by.

Bluecoat96
03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
It's going really well. Just shocked by how quickly it's flown by.

The older you get, the faster it goes my friend. Before you know it you'll be 36 with 1 and a half kids. Oh wait...that's me. :lol:

Chidi29
03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
The older you get, the faster it goes my friend. Before you know it you'll be 36 with 1 and a half kids. Oh wait...that's me. :lol:

Ha, that seems like the way it's going. Faster every year.

BigNastyDefense
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM

I'm not really worried either, I am just accepting that it can possibly happen.

tihmtahm
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM

Oh to be young again. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

I know, I feel like life is on fast forward and I'm only twenty one.

Texasteel
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM

What are you complaining about youngin?

Chidi29
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
What are you complaining about youngin?

I'm sorry if our rap music and low hanging pants are confusing you.

:chuckle:

steelerdude15
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM

:rofl2:

GutterflowerSteel
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I know, I feel like life is on fast forward and I'm only twenty one.

It's all downhill from there ;) I've got shoes older than you! LOL

vtw8lftr
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Well I am 41 and have supported this team blindly since the mid 70's... even as a child the Steelers represented power and class. :salute:

Texasteel
03-14-2012, 04:49 AM

I get more confused by a low cut tee shirt than low hanging pants. :wink02: