PDA

View Full Version : Do we need an Ice Crew? I say NO..

BPS3akaWirels3
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Penguins To Hold Auditions For Skating "Ice Crew"

Friday, 07.09.2010 / 11:33 AM / News (http://penguins.nhl.com/club/newsindex.htm?location=%2Fnews)
Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins will introduce a skating “Ice Crew” for the 2010-11 season – a team of energetic girls and guys who will help clean the ice, interact with fans and take part in other promotional activities.

Putting the crew on skates will add a new level of excitement to the Penguins’ game presentation as the team enters a new era at CONSOL Energy Center.

“We’ll be looking for energy, athleticism and passion for the Penguins,” said James Santilli, the team’s vice president of marketing. “We think it’s a great way for fans to get even more involved with Penguins hockey and help make games at CONSOL Energy Center an even greater entertainment experience.”

The first set of auditions for the Ice Crew will be for girls 18 and older who will skate and help clean the ice during TV timeouts. The auditions will be held at Iceoplex at Southpointe on the weekend of July 31-Aug. 1 and will include interviews and skating.

Preliminary auditions for girls will be held Saturday, July 31 from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and final auditions will be Sunday, Aug. 1. Applicants 18 and older with skating experience or the desire to learn are encouraged to complete an online application at www.pittsburghpenguins.com/icecrew (http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63250).

Prep classes will be held Wednesday, July 28 from 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Friday, July 30 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Iceoplex at Southpointe. Prep classes will give participants an opportunity to meet with the Ice Crew coordinator and gain a better understanding of the audition process.

Auditions for guys will be held at a later date.

SteelCityMom
07-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I've got no problem with it. Sounds like a fun idea!

SteelCityMan786
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
At the end of the day, this is a non-issue even if I voted.

ALLD
07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
They can skip the guys and just get extra girls. Chicks in bikinis on ice skates is hot.

X-Terminator
07-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I could really care less. I'm there to watch a hockey game, not a bunch of girls in tight outfits cleaning off the ice. It's just a reincarnation and expansion of the "Penguins Patrol" anyway.

SteelCityMan786
07-11-2010, 12:08 AM
One more rason why XT I say it's a non-issue. I go to Penguins games to watch the game. All of the side stuff is just to help fill in times during breaks in the action.

HometownGal
07-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I could really care less. I'm there to watch a hockey game, not a bunch of girls in tight outfits cleaning off the ice. It's just a reincarnation and expansion of the "Penguins Patrol" anyway.

Which failed. I think a lot of Pens fans who regularly attend the games feel as you and I do - we're there to watch a hockey game and for me - Iceburgh is more than enough entertainment.

Kind of like the idea of Steelers cheerleaders - we simply don't need 'em on the field or on the ice.

Devilsdancefloor
07-11-2010, 09:06 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4562/icecrew1.jpg

they are a nice when the team is playing like crap :)

SteelCityMan786
07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
You saying that the Stanley Cup Champions have been playing crappy? Geeze dude, not in the middle of their summer reign. :heh:

HometownGal
07-11-2010, 02:52 PM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4562/icecrew1.jpg

they are a nice when the team is playing like crap :)

In the eye of the beholder, I guess. ;) I just feel the money they are going to be playing these bimbos on skates could be better utilized somewhere else. :noidea: I'll bet if you asked one of them how to spell "puck", they'd spell it f-u-c-k. :heh:

Shea
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't care one way or the other on this - BUT it would be a great job if you think about it ...

Devilsdancefloor
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
You saying that the Stanley Cup Champions have been playing crappy? Geeze dude, not in the middle of their summer reign. :heh:

lol they had their um erm decades to play like crap! i have thrown many of empties at the TV the past few decades.

HometownGal
07-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't care one way or the other on this - BUT it would be a great job if you think about it ...

The way I look at it is if I want to see tatas and ass, I'll strip down to the birthday suit and look at myself in the mirror. :heh:

Shea
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
The way I look at it is if I want to see tatas and ass, I'll strip down to the birthday suit and look at myself in the mirror. :heh:

But I'm looking at it as someone that has never seen the team play live, and you guys get to go to the arena all the time.

To me it would be the perfect job. I'd get to go out on the ice and get close to the action and players, and also get to be at every home game up close.

I'd be in heaven. :love2:

And I'd also probably be fired on the first day for tackling Sid on the ice and having my way with him. :nervous:

HometownGal
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
But I'm looking at it as someone that has never seen the team play live, and you guys get to go to the arena all the time.

To me it would be the perfect job. I'd get to go out on the ice and get close to the action and players, and also get to be at every home game up close.

And I'd also probably be fired on the first day for tackling Sid on the ice and having my way with him. :nervous:

LMAO!!!! :lol: I'd have done the same with Serg (if he was still here), BJ and Godard. :lust:

For a couple of years prior to last season, the Pens had the "Pens Patrol". Early 20-something girls who wore spandex mid drifts and pants and the novelty wore off. No one really paid attention to them after the first season. I think the same thing will most likely happen with these chicks (and guys). Pittsburgh fans, in general, go to football and hockey games to watch the action on the field/ice - well - those who don't go to games to get hammered.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Oh Shea... You always know how to ruin a thread... Im sick now...

steelpride12
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Why not? Hey it creates a few jobs for some lucky ladies and good to fill in the void of time in between periods, before the game, ect.

Shea
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh Shea... You always know how to ruin a thread... Im sick now...

:sofunny:

Funny how you men are always in sex mode and don't ever hide it in your postings, yet when one of us girls does the same it's seen as sick??

What the hell people??

Maybe it's an internet thing.

In "real life" the guys LOVE it when we get hormonal and horny, evidently that doesn't translate to forums. Go figure ....

SteelMember
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Non-factor... Unless they can distract the opposition. Then it's a definate yes.

They already have them here in ATL. I'm ok with it. :noidea:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-01-2010, 08:05 AM
I think I've changed my mind after watching KDKA news last night. Anyone see the segment on the tryouts for the ice crew? There are some smoking hotties. Nice..