PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith's thank you to Steeler fans.

zulater
03-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Dear Steelers Fans,

As of today, I am no longer a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I leave the field and Steelers with no regrets, and am grateful to have played for such a tremendous organization. I feel truly blessed to have spent my entire professional career in the best town, playing for the most loyal fans who have loved and supported myself and my family.

The last 13 years of our lives have been special because of the people who cheered me on, and I am truly fortunate to have been a part of the Steelers, the City of Pittsburgh and the Steelers Nation. You have opened your arms and your hearts to us as a family and we will never forget that. Your support, enthusiasm, love and dedication are gifts I will carry with me my entire life.

I may no longer be on the Steelers active roster, but I will always be a Steeler and will never forget the people who made it all worthwhile -- the fans, the Rooneys, the front office, the equipment guys and trainers, my teammates and family. Thank you for supporting me over the last 13 years, and I hope you will support me in whatever future path life will take me on.

We plan on making Pittsburgh our home and I will endeavor for the rest of my days to find a way to thank each and every one of you personally for all that you have done and meant for me and my family. You cheered for me for 13 years and now I cheer for you for the rest of my life. You will always be in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to have the job of a lifetime. You will always be in my heart.

Your friend always,

Aaron Smith and Family, No. 91

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12071/1215923-66.stm#ixzz1oo7Yx4GM

We thank you Aaron! :salute:

ShutDown24
03-11-2012, 06:46 AM
It's a very nice post, but I hate the idea that some of these great guys who play the game feel like they owe us the fans something. There aren't many players who do, but Smith seems to be one. I just hope he's staying in Pittsburgh because he wants to and not because he thinks he should for the fans.

He had a great career and I think he is a hall of famer.

BlacknGoldBabe
03-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Aaron, no thanks needed for this Steelers fan. You did what few players of this age do - you played with your heart and soul and gave the game your all. We owe you thanks.

zulater
03-11-2012, 07:24 AM
It's a very nice post, but I hate the idea that some of these great guys who play the game feel like they owe us the fans something. There aren't many players who do, but Smith seems to be one. I just hope he's staying in Pittsburgh because he wants to and not because he thinks he should for the fans.

He had a great career and I think he is a hall of famer.

If he stays in Pittsburgh it will be because it's become his home. The place where his children were born and go to school. Where his house is. If he's happy there why on earth would he leave? It's not because of the fans, it's because he is a Pittsburgher now, as so is his family.

ALLD
03-11-2012, 08:20 AM
It was said before, but again, he is a complete class act.

Count Steeler
03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
You're welcome Aaron. It has been a privilege to watch you grace the Pittsburgh Steelers with your hard work, selflessness, and class. You are a rare jewel. All the best in your new endeavors.

GBMelBlount
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Great Steeler, great man, class act.

Thank you for everything and best wishes in the new directions your life will take you.

86WARD
03-11-2012, 09:05 AM
He should be thanked more than any player out there. Arguably one of the most important players on all those #1 defenses. Very under rated and under appreciated by a lot of fans out there.

Enjoy the "retirement!"

KeiselPower99
03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
The number 91 couldn't have been worn by a greater individual over the last 13 years.

SteelerFanInStl
03-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Aaron has always been a class act and a great player. He will never be forgotten.

SMR
03-11-2012, 09:56 AM

That is an understatement!!

I love just love Aaron Smith!

tube517
03-11-2012, 10:19 AM

Agreed. :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
We always have the most class acts!

Devilsdancefloor
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
class act indeed i think he will be missed by all in the locker room & the stands

stillers4me
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
You are a good man, Aaron Smith. Steelers Nation appreciates all you have given. Best of luck to you and your family.

BigNastyDefense
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Aaron Smith has ALWAYS presented himself with class. The Pittsburgh Steelers were lucky to have a man the character of Aaron Smith on the team for 13 seasons.

While most people didn't know who Aaron Smith was, Steeler Nation did and we all appreciated his play. He gave his all on every play. He was great against the run and could get to the quarterback when he had to. He did the job that was asked of him, I can never remember him trying to freelance so he gets his name called. He was one of the greatest Steelers defenders over the past 13 years. I hope that Ziggy and Cam remember what he has taught them.

Austin87
03-12-2012, 03:57 AM
What a class act. Its tough losing so many fan favorites and veteran leaders in one off-season.

steelerdiva
03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Steeler Nation thanks you, Ninety-One

Health, happiness, and prosperity to you and your family.