PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: Bounties seen as player safety issue

stillers4me
03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
As NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell continues to investigate, the issue of bounties, i.e., players being rewarded for hits that knocked opponents out of games, has become the sport’s hottest topic. Some current and former players and coaches have offered the opinion that bounties are no big deal and are prevalent throughout the league, while others see the issue as critical to player safety.

Count Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert among the latter.

“My position is the position of the (Steelers) organization,” said Colbert. “Never, ever would we condone anything like that.”

In an era where player safety and concussion awareness are at the forefront, Colbert said injuring another player intentionally does not belong in the game..............

read more @
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bounties-seen-as-player-safety-issue/688bcc61-73dd-4c2c-bd6d-797034ef26a0

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2012, 04:55 PM
"Colbert: Bounties seen as player safety issue"

for which I reply...Well NO SHIIIT!

seriously...people are paid to write this stuff...?

Butch
03-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Look at the hypocrisy of the NFL. Rats player admits there were bounties on Hines and Mendy and NFL does a hint hint look into it and comes away with nothing now they are livid with the saints. Guess the double standard continues to make the NFL turn. If it were Ben instead of the beloved Favre it would have been Ben's fault and nothing else would have mattered.