PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hoke: ‘I Never Saw Bounties With The Pittsburgh Steelers’

stillers4me
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Chris Hoke joined Seibel, Starkey and Miller on Sportsradio 93-7 The FAN to talk about bounties in the NFL and how the players feel about this news coming out.
Hoke said players in the NFL look to his hard so the opponent won’t want to make plays on you, and the Steelers were always looking to intimidate other teams that way, but he never heard of any bounties with the Steelers.

The Steelers heard of bounties coming from the Ravens locker room and Hoke said if they were doing that they’d be putting themselves out of position, and that would explain why the Steelers usually got the best of them......

Listen @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/05/chris-hoke-on-nfl-bounties-i-never-saw-bounties-with-the-pittsburgh-steelers/

ShutDown24
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Call me naive, but if Hoke says it I'm inclined to believe it.

SteelGhost
03-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Me too, Hoke is a class act :thumbsup:

polamalubeast
03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Goodell is not agree...

The Duke
03-05-2012, 07:13 PM

had the same thoughts when I saw the headline

O'Malley
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
He has nothing to gain, so I believe him!

zulater
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
My thought was this. If there ever has been any sort of bounty system with the Steelers it would have been strictly among the players. LeBeau has too much class to be party to anything that crude. But now that Hoke says with that much conviction there hasn't been anything like that that he's seen, I take his word for it. I'm happy the Steelers wont be going along for this Goodell ride.

86WARD
03-05-2012, 08:15 PM
They probably just didn't let Hokie play in the Reindeer Games.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Guys are getting paid thousands and millions of dollars to play a game. The thought of throwing a few extra dollars to create an incentive to intentionally injure players is sad and cowardly.......it has no place in the fraternity of men that is the great game of football.

I am not surprised to hear that an upstanding organization, lead by men like LeBeau, Tomlin and (albeit the meddling) Rooney, didnt have any bounty placed.

Austin87
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Guys are getting paid thousands and millions of dollars to play a game. The thought of throwing a few extra dollars to create an incentive to intentionally injure players is sad and cowardly.......it has no place in the fraternity of men that is the great game of football.

I am not surprised to hear that an upstanding organization, lead by men like LeBeau, Tomlin and (albeit the meddling) Rooney, didnt have any bounty placed.

Couldn't agree more. Very good post.

tube517
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM

:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
our coach got hired because of his mantra that "the more violent team wins" I don't think any team he coaches need a bounty program to hit hard and take names.

fansince'76
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
LIES! EVERYBUDDY NOES DA STEALERS ARE DUUURRRTY AND PAY DA REFS! :jerkit:

tube517
03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
LIES! EVERYBUDDY NOES DA STEALERS ARE DUUURRRTY AND PAY DA REFS! :jerkit:

And has meddling owners. BOYCOTT! :chuckle: