PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison needs to speak up like this more often on Twitter.

ALLD
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
James Harrison ‏ @jharrison9292 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
We'll see how concerned the NFL is about player safety when they decide what the punishment for the saints is..... fb.me/16OntLn3k

4 Mar James Harrison ‏ @jharrison9292 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Now we can go to the movies!

4 Mar James Harrison ‏ @jharrison9292 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I'll just say this, if that was me I would have been kicked out of the NFL!!!

st33lersguy
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
He is absolutely correct, after all he got suspended for a hard-nosed, clean, legal hit on Dolt McCoy

Chidi29
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
The NFL is going to show their concern. Because they're expected to come down very hard on the Saints and Williams himself.

SteelGhost
03-05-2012, 07:03 PM
The NFL is going to show their concern. Because they're expected to come down very hard on the Saints and Williams himself.

I hope so Chidi, not only to show their concern, but to punish these "saints guys" hard.

BlacknGoldBabe
03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Give 'em hell James. You got the shyte end of the stick for playing football the way it's meant to be played!

7willBheaven
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Noooo...Harrison needs to STFU. Wow...this thread started by the same person saying Clark needed to STFU when he wasnt even being serious...some people. Clark being funny = BAD/stfu...but Harrison being honest and saying things = good.

shutdown
03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
What is comical is how overblown ESPN is trying to make this.

They had this highlight reel of hits, which almost suggests are relational to bounty hits, but they're all perfectly legal hits.

Quite frankly I have only seen 1-2 hits that were suspect. And those 1-2 hits, the players who made them have already been punished, because quess what? As James Harrison is well aware of, you don't have to be flagged for the NFL to come down on you for dirty hits. The NFL already has a system in place to clamp down on this.

So whats the big deal? Should Williams be pushed for saying he'd pay for an injury? Definitely. But overall I think the media is doing a great job at blowing this waaaaay out of proportion.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Twitter needs moderators...............that way they can tell Harrison to stop being a myopic Goodell hater and stop trying to bait him into a response. But, I guess his fines in a way are his contribution to the NFL and its funded operating capital, so he can say whatever he wants.

GBMelBlount
03-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Twitter needs moderators...............that way they can tell Harrison to stop being a myopic Goodell hater and stop trying to bait him into a response. But, I guess his fines in a way are his contribution to the NFL and its funded operating capital, so he can say whatever he wants.

Your sarcasm is so nasty it makes my face hurt from laughing so hard. :lol:

GodfatherofSoul
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Didn't the Ravens admit to doing the same thing when they broke Mendy's collarbone?

fansince'76
03-06-2012, 05:05 AM

They had this highlight reel of hits, which almost suggests are relational to bounty hits, but they're all perfectly legal hits.

Let me guess - probably the same kind of "bounty hits" that Crackhead Irvin and Tom Jackson would highlight and shout in unison "HE got JACKED UP!" over just a few seasons ago, right?

I HATE Disney Channel II.

Butch
03-06-2012, 05:28 AM

Quite frankly I have only seen 1-2 hits that were suspect. And those 1-2 hits, the players who made them have already been punished, because quess what? As James Harrison is well aware of, you don't have to be flagged for the NFL to come down on you for dirty hits. The NFL already has a system in place to clamp down on this.

So whats the big deal? Should Williams be pushed for saying he'd pay for an injury? Definitely. But overall I think the media is doing a great job at blowing this waaaaay out of proportion.

Yeah I was watching it to see how "Go To Hell" is going to respond. The responses I heard who are overwhelmingly against include Teddy Brushi (sp) gee go figure where he would fall on this, Tom Jackson as Franchise has already suggested, Little Stevie Young (I'm shocked...yeah right).

It sickens me to no end that they will spin this just the way they want "Go To Hell" to address it and then sit back and watch as once again they set the policy for the numb nuts.

If you ever want to see how controversy will play out in the NFL it's always on BSPN 1st.

tube517
03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah I was watching it to see how "Go To Hell" is going to respond. The responses I heard who are overwhelmingly against include Teddy Brushi (sp) gee go figure where he would fall on this, Tom Jackson as Franchise has already suggested, Little Stevie Young (I'm shocked...yeah right).

It sickens me to no end that they will spin this just the way they want "Go To Hell" to address it and then sit back and watch as once again they set the policy for the numb nuts.

If you ever want to see how controversy will play out in the NFL it's always on BSPN 1st.

And these are the same idiots when Spygate occurred said, "Oh, it happens on every team but the Patriots* just got caught." That's when I stopped watching that overhyped channel. F'n hypocrites.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
He is absolutely correct, after all he got suspended for a hard-nosed, clean, legal hit on Dolt McCoy

Again, the hit James put on McCoy was illegal. James needs to stop leading with his facemask and planting his helmet into other guy's (especially QBs) chins. Bottom line. When taught how to tackle no one is taught, "Put your facemask into the other guys facemask." That is not proper tackling and he was totally trying to take out the QB. That hit was wrong. The Cribbs hit two years ago, I think was clean, that was an open field hit. The Hit on McCoy was Malicious. So stop saying that was a clean hit, it was Not.

tube517
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Didn't the Ravens admit to doing the same thing when they broke Mendy's collarbone?

Yes, but the "victims" were the Steelers so they just yawned and fixed each other's zippers in the NFL office. :coffee: