PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark needs to STFU

ALLD
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark took to Twitter, not to condemn the Saints' bounty program but to criticize the "snitch" that ended up causing trouble for the team.

"Whoever is snitching on the Saints D should be ashamed of themselves. No one was talking about the "bounty" when they got paid. #shame," he wrote.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

And twitter should be banned by the Steelers.

ShutDown24
03-04-2012, 08:29 AM
He has a small point, but the overall message is awful. I agree. The Steelers should ban players from publicly using social media.

Godfather
03-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Bad way to say it. He probably knows a lot of guys on the Saints and was referring to that, but the way he said it implies that the Steelers also have a bounty system.

stillers4me
03-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I think the player "code of honor" about keeping what happens in the locker room to themselves is what he is refering to. Whether or not the Steelers have a system like this is irrelevent....they know that it happens and they accept it as a part of the game whether they are a part of it or not.

There's a rule against it and it was broken. The Saints got caught. And I have a feeling Pandora's box just got opened....the NFL's dirty little secret is out.

silver & black
03-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Bad way to say it. He probably knows a lot of guys on the Saints and was referring to that, but the way he said it implies that the Steelers also have a bounty system.

I would guess that most teams do, in some form or another.

86WARD
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Every team has it...let's be honest. Williams was the one that got caught...

Bluecoat96
03-04-2012, 08:56 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Clark used to play for Williams at the Redskins.

suitanim
03-04-2012, 09:09 AM
The Redskins aren't a team. They are more like a paid band of mercenaries. Please remember what Willie Parker said after his stint there, something along the lines of "The Redskins are about money, partying and people gunning for eachs others jobs 24/7. The Steelers are about football".

I'm going to filter Clark's observation through that information and take it to mean it's not very team-like to be snitching on each other and the coaches.

Godfather
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I think that Clark used to play for Williams at the Redskins.

Good point.

But a lot of people are going to forget that he played for them. It was a long time ago and he wasn't as well known then, so a lot of people who see that tweet are going to associate it with us.

ALLD
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
The inference is what got to me. The Steelers need no attention other than charitable events or winning another championship. Everything else leads to problems.

4me is right, the pandora's box has been opened. Will it be bigger than Spygate is the question.

X-Terminator
03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for putting the microscope on the Steelers even more, Ryan. :doh2:

Why can't these guys use their fucking brains before their fingers start typing?

steelerdude15
03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't think this will get much attention, but he shouldn't be saying things like this.

SMR
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I would guess that most teams do, in some form or another.

I am starting to wonder. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

Count Steeler
03-04-2012, 10:49 AM
The discipline or lack thereof will confirm our suspicions of this being a common practice.

SteelerEmpire
03-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Reading it, I could't tell if he were serious or joking ? That's a problem with printed media; true translation is "easily" lost. I'm willing to be he'll (Clark) will end up clarifying further soon.

Godfather
03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I wonder if we could figure out who the snitch was?

I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't someone who was there in 2009, because you don't want to put that kind of stench on your own Super Bowl ring. It's also someone who's not with the team now, because you don't want to make your own team a target.

So it has to be a player who played in 2010 and/or 2011 and is no longer a Saint.

GBMelBlount
03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't think this will get much attention, but he shouldn't be saying things like this.

Agreed....

Unless people start threads like "Ryan Clark needs to STFU" and every posts on it. :chuckle:

fansince'76
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for putting the microscope on the Steelers even more, Ryan. :doh2:

Why can't these guys use their fucking brains before their fingers start typing?

Yep, it's not like the Steelers don't already have a big enough bull's eye on their backs by the league office. Time until Der Kommissar opens an investigation of the Steelers for the same thing in 5,4,3,2,1...

7willBheaven
03-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Reading it, I could't tell if he were serious or joking ? That's a problem with printed media; true translation is "easily" lost. I'm willing to be he'll (Clark) will end up clarifying further soon.

Being a follower of Clark...and being around him after numerous training camps/etc...Clark is a joker/smartass/etc type guy...I can almost guarantee you he was poking fun and joking around...especially the way its written I actually laughed at it myself. He's saying yeah you guys didnt complain when he was there and you were getting paid...but soon as he's gone you THEN have a problem with it...hahaha.

Some people need to freakin relax...wow.

ALLD
03-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Ex-players who are now in broadcasting have endorsed and confirmed the policy.

stillers4me
03-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Being a follower of Clark...and being around him after numerous training camps/etc...Clark is a joker/smartass/etc type guy...I can almost guarantee you he was poking fun and joking around...especially the way its written I actually laughed at it myself. He's saying yeah you guys didnt complain when he was there and you were getting paid...but soon as he's gone you THEN have a problem with it...hahaha.

Some people need to freakin relax...wow.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

steelreserve
03-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Not the brightest move, but honestly, I don't even care about this whole bounty thing. The league has its own cartel system of using money to encourage a certain kind of (game-ruining) tactics. Well, here's a system of using money to encourage violent tactics. Frankly, I'm glad there's some kind of counterweight to the Goodell pussy policy. How many times have we said something like "the team should chip in to pay Harrison's fine?"

O'Malley
03-04-2012, 01:50 PM
How is this any different from incentives in a contract? Just news to make news.. Personally I could care less if there is a bounty system.

stillers4me
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM
How is this any different from incentives in a contract? Just news to make news.. Personally I could care less if there is a bounty system.

I doubt there's any incentives in contracts to injury and maim other players. Only for TD's, interceptions, sacks, etc. Big difference.

tube517
03-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Agreed....

Unless people start threads like "Ryan Clark needs to STFU" and every posts on it. :chuckle:

:rofl2:

stillers4me
03-04-2012, 02:22 PM
ryan clark‏@RealRClark25
Never in my career has a defensive coach singled out a player and put $ on his head. I've never been offered $ to put a player out of a game

stillers4me
03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
ryan clark‏@RealRClark25
Oh & yes u played in Washington for the 04-05 seasons! I play hard because I love football. No $ is enuff to I intentionally harm a peer

StaubyStyle
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
He has a small point, but the overall message is awful. I agree. The Steelers should ban players from publicly using social media.

Really?! How would you feel if your employer said you could no longer use Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Email, or Forums? These guys are people too and deserve to use all the same luxories everybody else does. It's their right to say stupid things if they want to.

zulater
03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I've got no problem with anything Ryan's said here. He's only saying what the majority of NFL players think.

Devilsdancefloor
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I think he is reffering to a snitch as someone who waited until williams or they where no longer on the team to speak up instead of stepping up as a man when it was happening :noidea: he is a smart guy

katmandu
03-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Reading it, I could't tell if he were serious or joking ? That's a problem with printed media; true translation is "easily" lost. I'm willing to be he'll (Clark) will end up clarifying further soon.Exactly why people need to THINK before typing. Especially if it's a sensitive subject like this.