Hines Ward's hero speaks:

LINK: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150702674392040

Count Steeler
03-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks Lynn. Very well said.

SteelerEmpire
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks Lynn. Very well said.

I want to get that pic at the end of the video, put it on an iron or a big hand held sign, and take it to the Steelers vs. Cowboys game this year !

tube517
03-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I want to get that pic at the end of the video, put it on an iron or a big hand held sign, and take it to the Steelers vs. Cowboys game this year !

I was about to post the same thing. Mr. Swann, send that pic over this way. I'll take good care of it :lol:

SMR
03-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Dang true! I love that photo. I gots to get me one of those!

X-Terminator
03-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I always tell myself to never read comments, but all of this righteous indignation because the Steelers released a popular player nearing the end of his career is just mind-boggling to me. Are those people Steelers fans or not? I will say this...if the Steelers win another SB in the next couple of years, each and every one of those fans cursing the Rooneys for this will be kissing their asses. And don't tell me they wouldn't.

The team and the team's success is more important than one player. Everyone upset over this needs to remember that.

Shoes
03-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I always tell myself to never read comments, but all of this righteous indignation because the Steelers released a popular player nearing the end of his career is just mind-boggling to me. Are those people Steelers fans or not? I will say this...if the Steelers win another SB in the next couple of years, each and every one of those fans cursing the Rooneys for this will be kissing their asses. And don't tell me they wouldn't.

The team and the team's success is more important than one player. Everyone upset over this needs to remember that.

That's what I like about XT.....no beating around the bush. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
03-03-2012, 12:43 PM
That's what I like about XT.....no beating around the bush. :chuckle:

It's a gift. :wink02:

It sometimes gets me in trouble, but I ain't changing for nobody! :chuckle:

tube517
03-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Phooey. They released this guy and I never EVER forgave them:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/NavajoScout/johnkuhnhof.png

:chuckle:

On a serious note, I agree 100% X-T

7willBheaven
03-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Very well said by Swanny....if only some of the dumb FBers would open their ears/minds/eyes/etc and realize things...

GoSlash27
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I haven't seen anyone dissing the FO or Hinesy over his release, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

Count Steeler
03-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen anyone dissing the FO or Hinesy over his release, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

There is a facebook page set up to Boycott the Steelers until they resign Ward. Can't remember which other thread it is in. Some fans are jumping ship, it would seem.

Bluecoat96
03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
There is a facebook page set up to Boycott the Steelers until they resign Ward. Can't remember which other thread it is in. Some fans are jumping ship, it would seem.

Those "fans" are probably Hines's fans from when he won DWTS last year.

O'Malley
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Those "fans" are probably Hines's fans from when he won DWTS last year.

So true.. People don't understand the reason the Steelers are so great and always seem to be in contention is because they know when to cut ties wit a player when he is done. I am a huge fan of Hines, but even I know you can't play forever and your career will eventually come to an end.. This is not the first or last time this will happen. You have to move forward in order to stay elite, and this is what the Steelers are doing right now. It is going to be an interesting couple months coming up.

The Duke
03-03-2012, 04:00 PM

wow! that's just pathetic

BlacknGoldBabe
03-03-2012, 05:03 PM

^^^^This.

There are true fans, and there are fair weather fans.

SteelGhost
03-03-2012, 06:40 PM

:applaudit:

Burghfan58
03-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Way to go Swanny. You can tell he still bleeds black and gold. He looks like he could still suit up and play.

steelerdude15
03-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Great video by Swann. A true Steeler through and through.

slippy
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
i love how swann talks like he's still on the team ... because he is!!!

and dang, those four rings, all in a row, sure look good. in fact, they look better every time i see them; that's the great thing about SB wins, they just keep geting better.

swanny was always my mother's fave.

GoSlash27
03-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Hell, if that's the case we're better off without 'em.

I'm just as upset as anyone else about Hines. Probably because I remember being on his bandwagon in his rookie year back when nobody knew who he was and it makes me feel like a fossil. :D

But Hines said himself that he wanted pulled off the field the moment he was no longer a net asset to the team. He gets it, and so do most of us.
My only concern is who takes charge of the WR corps in the locker room now that he's gone. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Count Steeler
03-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Boycott the Steelers Until They Offer Hines Ward a Contract (Those darn dangerous, radical Steelers fans ! )

LINK: http://www.facebook.com/BoycottTheSteelers

Found it. From the "Hines Ward released, breaking hearts in Steelers Nation"

Bring back Swanny, Stallworth, Green and Lambert. They still had at least one more season in them. :sarcasm:

salamander
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's definitely not the first time the Steelers had to release a beloved player and it certainly won't be the last. It's the nature of the beast. People need to realize that.

katmandu
03-04-2012, 01:24 AM
There is a facebook page set up to Boycott the Steelers until they resign Ward. Can't remember which other thread it is in. Some fans are jumping ship, it would seem.Those are NOT Steeler fans. Those are Bunghole/Bandwagon fans.

Steeler Nation doesn't need their kind around anyways.