PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben: Talk with Haley 'really good'

zulater
03-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Big Ben: Talk with Haley 'really good'

Todd Haley called Ben Roethlisberger a few weeks ago and the quarterback ignored it.

"I didn't recognize the number," Roethlisberger said.

It could have been an ignominious start to the long-anticipated first meeting between the Steelers quarterback and the new boss of the offense. However, when Roethlisberger listened to the message, he quickly returned the phone call and the coach and the quarterback had their chat.

The only thing is, by NFL rules, they are not permitted to talk real football stuff until April 16.

"It was a really good talk," Roethlisberger said of the 10- to 15-minute phone conversation he had with Haley in his first comments since their first meeting. "Unfortunately, we can't talk football right now and that's one of the big things I wanted to talk about.

"So it was just me talking to him, about golf, his family, my family, him having been a ballboy here, just things like that. It was a good start and I felt it was a good step in the right direction."

http://www.sensitiveskinmagazine.com/wp-content/images/interposts/godzilla.jpg
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12062/1213923-66.stm#ixzz1nxPcwd4y

Awwww now they're friends!

suitanim
03-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Lies!

We all know they fought and spit in each others faces!

vader29
03-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Goodell has Ben's phone tapped, knows they talked about football and now Ben will be suspensded for the first 4 games of the season. :doh:

Hindes204
03-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Goodell has Ben's phone tapped, knows they talked about football and now Ben will be suspensded for the first 4 games of the season. :doh:

Don't forget the Pats* getting two more first round draft picks awarded to them for our infractions

The Duke
03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
only 15 minutes? They obviously hate each other!

86WARD
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Of course he has to say it was good. Probably wasn't...:lol:

tube517
03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Haley already told Ben his golf clubs suck. This relationship is over.

Dino 6 Rings
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Todd: "Hey...how's it going Ben?"

Ben: "Good, how's it going?"

Todd: "Good...so um...we good?"

Ben: "Um...we can't talk football so...not sure..."

Todd: "Well, in case you're wondering...I'm very open to passing the salt but will sometimes run on my lunch break"

Ben: "Ok, not sure what that means cause I can't use too much salt and I have a trainer for running..."

Todd: "No wait...listen...my daugther tells me I should pass her notes often...but the dog runs away sometimes"

Ben: "Ok, well write her a note I guess then coach and sorry to hear about your dog..."

Todd: "I'm gonna try this one more time...Ben...I drive Passed the stadium on my way to work...I like passing the stadium...but sometimes, I run away from crooks."

Ben: "Yeah, I drive past it too, and you should just hand over your wallet Coach, no need to get shot..."

Todd:, heavy sigh..."So we good Ben?"

Ben: "Sure Coach, we're good, good talk"

st33lersguy
03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Glad their conversation went very well

Hindes204
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Todd: "Hey...how's it going Ben?"

Ben: "Good, how's it going?"

Todd: "Good...so um...we good?"

Ben: "Um...we can't talk football so...not sure..."

Todd: "Well, in case you're wondering...I'm very open to passing the salt but will sometimes run on my lunch break"

Ben: "Ok, not sure what that means cause I can't use too much salt and I have a trainer for running..."

Todd: "No wait...listen...my daugther tells me I should pass her notes often...but the dog runs away sometimes"

Ben: "Ok, well write her a note I guess then coach and sorry to hear about your dog..."

Todd: "I'm gonna try this one more time...Ben...I drive Passed the stadium on my way to work...I like passing the stadium...but sometimes, I run away from crooks."

Ben: "Yeah, I drive past it too, and you should just hand over your wallet Coach, no need to get shot..."

Todd:, heavy sigh..."So we good Ben?"

Ben: "Sure Coach, we're good, good talk"

:rofl2:

ALLD
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Now the media is blowing it up because Ben said it went "really good", instead of "great".

BlacknGoldBabe
03-02-2012, 07:01 PM

:toofunny:

SMR
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Only 4 games? Then I'm happy.

tube517
03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/clip?id=7638395&categoryid=2378529

I don't go to BSPN's site but got this from Ben's FB page. He sure looks pissed. :sarcasm: