PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward To Play For Rival Team?

polamalubeast
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Shock continues to reverberate throughout Steelers nation about veteran wide receiver Hines Ward being cut from the team.

But there is another thing that could throw Steelers fans for an even bigger loop – Ward could conceivably end up playing for a rival team.

read more

http://burgh.us/d5x

steelerdiva
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Not listening...not listening....:lala:

BigNastyDefense
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Hines Ward will not be playing for the following teams next season:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. New England Patriots

I can see him playing for any other team next season, but not one of those four.

katmandu
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Hines Ward will not be playing for the following teams next season:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. New England Patriots

I can see him playing for any other team next season, but not one of those four.Hine's is in GREAT danger if he foolishly chooses to play for one of the above named teams.

He WILL greatly damage his legacy as a Steeler if he so choses.

Let's hope Hines is smarter than that.

tube517
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Whis has a clause in Hines' contract built in. He will be flying to Arizona tomorrow

GoSlash27
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
5. Dallas Cowboys

pepsyman1
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Woodson went to Baltimore...he's still remembered as a great Steeler. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hines ended up on a team like the Ravens...especially when he believes he can still play. That's at least two opportunities for him to prove it to the Steelers front office.

tube517
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM
5. Dallas Cowboys

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! That would be the lowest of the low.

GodfatherofSoul
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I might be the stick-in-the-mud, but I think his playing days are over. I don't think he'll make another team. His current level of talent can be had for less than vet minimum and benchwarming "coach in the lockerroom" is overrated to me.

steelreserve
03-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't count out the 49ers. They're desperate for 1) Any receiver who can catch a ball at all, and 2) Someone to teach Crabtree just what the hell you need to do to be a legitimate #1 receiver in the NFL.

Chidi29
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
He'd likely go to any of those rival teams. If they're the only ones offering him a job and he wants to play, which he does, he'd be foolish to turn it down. The Steelers made a business decision, Hines would be doing the same thing.

Count Steeler
03-02-2012, 05:13 AM
My heart just wants him to retire. My head understands he is a man and he can make whatever decision he is comfortable with. Nothing can tarnish his 14 years with the Black and Gold. That chapter of his life is complete.

steelreserve
03-03-2012, 02:19 AM
You never turn down a chance to be a player for one more year if that's what you want, because you'll never get the chance again. He could probably make more money at TV, celebrity this-and-that, coaching eventually, but none of those are really time-limited. I honestly wouldn't be surprised no matter where he ends up.

86WARD
03-03-2012, 07:54 AM
He can still contribute as a 3 somewhere. Maybe the dolphins or colts.

stillers4me
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
After years of hearing that Hines is a dirty player and then "he's too old", I've spent the last 2 days listening to one Bengals fan after another ......"I hope we sign him". :lol:

Godfather
03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I would forgive him if he signed with a rival. It's not like he left voluntarily.

salamander
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Hines will play for any team that offers him a contract and he'll go to the highest bidder. The NFL is a business first and foremost. It would KILL me to see him play for a rival team but Hines has to do what's best for him.

ShutDown24
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Unless a true contender wants to bring him in I feel like he wouldn't mind going to Jacksonville. And they need a player like him in a big way to help that offense out.

SMR
03-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Hine's is in GREAT danger if he foolishly chooses to play for one of the above named teams.

He WILL greatly damage his legacy as a Steeler if he so choses.

Let's hope Hines is smarter than that.

I agree. Remember Rod Woodson? I had the hardest time letting that go but was only consoled by the fact he said the Steelers ultimately was his team over the others he played for.

SMR
03-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Unless a true contender wants to bring him in I feel like he wouldn't mind going to Jacksonville. And they need a player like him in a big way to help that offense out.

How much of a help would he honestly be if he continues on the nasty downhill slide? His play has gotten pretty inconsistent of late. I love Ward as much as the next Steelers fan, but I am looking at reality here.

ShutDown24
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
How much of a help would he honestly be if he continues on the nasty downhill slide? His play has gotten pretty inconsistent of late. I love Ward as much as the next Steelers fan, but I am looking at reality here.

Considering I wanted Ward benched for Brown/Sanders in 2010 - believe me, I'm no huge supporter of Ward's play at this point myself. But, Jacksonville needs a leader on offense beyond Maurice Jones Drew. And Ward - even at his current level of play - could start at wideout on that roster. That's how bad that team's receivers are. Mercedes Lewis was the Jaguars' leading receiver last year with under 500 yards. They went into the season with Mike Thomas and Jason Hill as starters. Thomas amounted to maybe 400 yards and Jason Hill was released a few games into the season. I'm not saying Ward is the best option. But even if they were to go as far as drafting Justin Blackmon and signing Vincent Jackson, Ward could still make that team.