PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 2.28.12

Galax Steeler
02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Tuesday, 28 February 2012 14:49
Written by Ed Bouchette
Ed Bouchette: Good afternoon, let's begin

Dude_From_Cali: Ed: you're in charge of draft. Stay put or trade up and lose a second round pick or worse?

Ed Bouchette: I'm not big on moving, although the Steelers have made some good moves on several occasions in the first round, up and down.

SW OH STEELER FAN: I thought I read somewhere that the cap number was going to be lower than what was previously mentioned. Do you have any info?

Ed Bouchette: They haven't come up with it yet (do they have computers?) but everything I've seen is about $120 M. That's a tad lower than last year.

GjSteel: Hi Ed, did you get a chance to talk to Tomlin at the combine..and what does he believe the priority should be on offense..getting an OL or doing what they have been doing

Ed Bouchette: Gerry Dulac covered the combine and no, he did not talk to Mike Tomlin because Tomlin will not talk at the combine.

daver10: Ed, I read where you think Poe may have performed well enough at the combine to put him off the board for the Steelers at #24. Would he be worth moving up for? I questioned when they did it for Troy and boy was I wrong...

Ed Bouchette: We have two months before the draft, let's see if he moves back down in that time.

Bob: Does the weak tight end group in this years draft mean that the steelers will probably try to keep Saunders even with his 4 game suspension?

Ed Bouchette: I would think they will look for another tight end.

Read more: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/115107-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-22812

Austin87
02-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Good read.