PDA

View Full Version : Steelers only temporarily 'capping' problems

polamalubeast
02-27-2012, 02:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43083/steelers-only-temporarily-capping-problems

zulater
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
The Steelers know their business better than some unemployed ex GM. The cap goes up a bunch in 2013, and some players will be gone by then. there's no real issue here. Just more of BSPN shoveling their shit.

Besides Hensley's a Baltimore stooge. I really miss Walker doing the AFC North blog.

Bluecoat96
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Hensley doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. He keeps insisting Heath Miller is a free agent after next year, when in actuality, he's signed through 2014. I've sent him numerous messages to remind him what a stooge he is. I miss Walker as well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Its why cutting guys like Ward, Smith, Farrior, Foote, Kemo, might be the best place to start right now.

I heard a rumor that Jared Gaither might be on the Steelers radar. So lets say the Steelers sign Gaither and think of using Colon or Gilbert inside at guard and let Kemo go? Gaither, Gilbert, Pouncey, Foster, Colon as a starting unit, with Legursky, Chris Scott and 2 rookies on the roster.

tube517
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
BSPN article/blog? :yawn:

Austin87
02-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I wonder how much the cap is gonna get raised in 2013, hopefully by a lot.

Butch
02-28-2012, 05:21 AM
I have rarely read anything over there since Walker left. I used to go over there to do the polls but now they make it so you have to vote on each one in order to get to the next one, so now I don't even do that.

BigNastyDefense
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I haven't really read the AFC North blog since Hensley took it over. He was the Ravens beat writer for the Baltimore Sun and every time he writes about the Steelers there's a negative slant because he hates them. He has no idea how to be an objective writer, at least when it comes to writing about the Steelers. He's an ass and he needs to get canned.

Steeldude
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Let Mendenhall walk in 2013. Sorry to the Mendenhall fans. I know, I know..hater this and hater that...blah blah blah

Edman
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2012/02/Eisenberg_-_Ravens_Navigating_Cap_Better_Than_Steelers.aspx

We're still on this Pittsburgh obsession, Baltimore?

So much for "slaying the dragon" last season.

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
to hell with anything any Ravens person says about the Steelers.

they can all go suck eggs

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Let Mendenhall walk in 2013. Sorry to the Mendenhall fans. I know, I know..hater this and hater that...blah blah blah

I'm guessing after the 2012 season, if he comes back and does well in the back end of next year, we'll be able to negotiate a solid contract with him that won't break the bank. 4 year guy with an ACL (or was it MCL) in his history won't be sought after that heavily on the market.

tube517
02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2012/02/Eisenberg_-_Ravens_Navigating_Cap_Better_Than_Steelers.aspx

We're still on this Pittsburgh obsession, Baltimore?

So much for "slaying the dragon" last season.

Ratbird writers should focus on the length of Flaccid's eyebrows or T Sizzle's acne. Such a waste of space obssessing about the Steelers.

Steeldude
02-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm guessing after the 2012 season, if he comes back and does well in the back end of next year, we'll be able to negotiate a solid contract with him that won't break the bank. 4 year guy with an ACL (or was it MCL) in his history won't be sought after that heavily on the market.

Isn't he slated to be out the entire 2012 season and then a UFA after it ends? If Redman works out I doubt they will pay Mendenhall what he wants. I can't see him accepting less money, but it's possible

steelreserve
02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, there's truth to the idea that we're pushing some cap problems down the road, but what they don't mention is that it's going to be offset by some aging veterans who were going to retire anyway. We've got at least $15M or $20M disappearing that way.

Bluecoat96
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm sure this won't do any good, but I've already sent my complaints about the AFC North Blog to the espn.com customer service people. If you notice in the article, Hensley doesn't even know basic facts about things like Heath Miller's contract. He thinks Heath is a free agent after this year, even though he's really signed through 2014. He didn't even take the time to research facts, instead relying on websites like rotoworld. here's the contact info for espn.com

https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index