PDA

View Full Version : Rams in discussions with multiple teams for #2 pick

polamalubeast
02-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Multiple teams already have had preliminary discussions with St. Louis about the possibility of trading for the Rams' second overall pick, according to league sources.

The Rams are willing to deal the pick for the right package, according to one source, and the chances are that St. Louis will wind up trading down.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7607750/teams-talk-st-louis-rams-no-2-pick-sources-say

86WARD
02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Wallace and Ward for the 2...lol.

Count Steeler
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Can't see the Steelers pushing for the #2.

86WARD
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
No...sounds like the Redskins are giving up the farm for a shot at RGIII...1, 2, 3 from 2012 and 1 from 2013...

SteelerFanInStl
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
No...sounds like the Redskins are giving up the farm for a shot at RGIII...1, 2, 3 from 2012 and 1 from 2013...

That would be a great deal for the Rams. I would expect interest in RGIII to get even higher after his showing at the combine.

I'd also rather see the Redskins get him instead of the Browns.

Bluecoat96
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
That would be a great deal for the Rams. I would expect interest in RGIII to get even higher after his showing at the combine.

I'd also rather see the Redskins get him instead of the Browns.

This!!!

suitanim
02-27-2012, 05:15 AM
This is a very astute move by the Rams. They already have a huge investment in Bradford. This gives them the picks to solidify an offense around him. Steven Jackson would be pretty pleased as well....

Count Steeler
02-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Fisher will be looking like a genius in 2-3 years.

BigNastyDefense
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM

I don't blame them with Grossman and Beck as their starting options for 2012.

And if the Browns get him, that's fine...they will ruin him. Cleveland is where quarterbacks go to die.

LLT
02-28-2012, 05:53 AM

it seems to me that the smart move would be for the Redskins to start talks with the Browns....Who seem to be the only other real contenders for RGIII. Trade their 1st and 2nd round picks for the Browns 1st and 5th. That should be enough to make the Browns look at Tannehill later in the first and still have three more picks in the first 40 slots. Plus the Redskins would be trading with someone outside the conference which is always preferable.

suitanim
02-28-2012, 09:50 AM
it seems to me that the smart move would be for the Redskins to start talks with the Browns....Who seem to be the only other real contenders for RGIII. Trade their 1st and 2nd round picks for the Browns 1st and 5th. That should be enough to make the Browns look at Tannehill later in the first and still have three more picks in the first 40 slots. Plus the Redskins would be trading with someone outside the conference which is always preferable.

The Browns very well may not draft QB. They are taking a serious look at signing Matt Flynn if the Packers don't tag him...which is highly doubtful.

polamalubeast
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
According to Adam Schefter, they WILL trade the #2 pick.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/174255320690999298

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Rams will trade No. 2 overall pick, according to league sources (via ESPN NFL insider @AdamSchefter)

suitanim
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Only if they have a partner...can't trade without another team. So, if they are, for sure trading, we need to know who the other team is soon...

LLT
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
The Browns very well may not draft QB. They are taking a serious look at signing Matt Flynn if the Packers don't tag him...which is highly doubtful.

I still see the Seahawks getting Flynn...and the Dolphins landing Manning. But the Browns will at least pretend to be interested so as to broker some sort of trade

suitanim
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
I still see the Seahawks getting Flynn...and the Dolphins landing Manning. But the Browns will at least pretend to be interested so as to broker some sort of trade

Unless it's the Redskins who already made the Rams trade. Only Luck and RGIII warrant a move up for them. And, I'm sorry, but the price to pay to move up two lousy spots is insane...especially for a guy who hasn't played a single NFL down yet. I don't think even THEY would make that deal. But the Skins have shown a certain idiocy in drafting/FA since Snyder took over (and the Browns have been better with Heckert). I think they are the one's who made the deal...

LLT
02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Unless it's the Redskins who already made the Rams trade. Only Luck and RGIII warrant a move up for them. And, I'm sorry, but the price to pay to move up two lousy spots is insane...especially for a guy who hasn't played a single NFL down yet. I don't think even THEY would make that deal. But the Skins have shown a certain idiocy in drafting/FA since Snyder took over (and the Browns have been better with Heckert). I think they are the one's who made the deal...

Totally agree...more than likely its Washington...wanted to pole vault past Cleveland.

LLT
02-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Thats a terrible trade. I would be very surprised to see them trade that much to move so few slots.

polamalubeast
02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Of the five previous QBs drafted No. 2 overall since 1967, only Donovan McNabb (1999) compiled a career winning record.

ALLD
02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
All I can think of is the Herschel Walker trade and since Al Davis is dead, only Snyder and Jones are crazy enough to give the farm away on a whim.

polamalubeast
02-28-2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2012/02/per-league-source-st-louis-rams-have.html

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns have been the favorite to land the pick, given they arguably have the most ammunition. Per the league source, Cleveland has offered the No. 4 overall pick, two second round picks and a fifth round pick, but not the No. 22 overall pick. However, if the No. 22 overall pick is a must for the Rams, while reluctant, the Browns would likely be willing to include it.

Another team with an offer on the table is the Washington Redskins. According to the source, Mike Shanahan's team has offered the No. 6 and No. 39 overall picks, along with a third round pick and a second round pick in the 2013 draft.