PDA

View Full Version : Ravens unlikely to pursue Wallace

stillers4me
02-25-2012, 10:59 AM
A nightmare, one even worse for Steelers fans than (gasp!) Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger not talking for weeks after the former’s hiring, is unlikely to happen.

The Ravens have been one of the teams linked to restricted free agent Mike Wallace through connecting-of-the-dots speculation. But general manager Ozzie Newsome all but took the Ravens out of the running for Wallace, who can entertain offers from other teams if the Steelers only make a tender offer to him.................

Read more @
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/02/24/ravens-unlikely-to-pursue-wallace/

st33lersguy
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Could be a smokescreen. Although it wouldn't matter anyway. It is unlikely that Slacco would be able to hit Wallace.

polamalubeast
02-25-2012, 11:04 AM
The Ravens are close to the salary cap and they have Ray Rice and Joe Flacco to be signed.......

ALLD
02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Even when Wallace was asked if he would go to the Ravens, "I certainly hope it doesn't come down to that."

BigNastyDefense
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Even when Wallace was asked if he would go to the Ravens, "I certainly hope it doesn't come down to that."

Unless they blow him away with a very high dollar tender, I don't think he'd even sign a tender from Baltimore. He knows what he has in Big Ben and he's seen enough of Flacco to know that if he wants to win rings and play in the division...then going to the Ravens would be the wrong choice.

stillers4me
02-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Mark Kaboly‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
49ers, Ravens, Bengals likely out Mike Wallace sweepstakes. Now Pats likely to franchise Welker. All of a sudden there is nobody left for 17

zulater
02-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Do other teams have to sign Wallace before the draft? Because what I'm thinking is if they could sign him after the draft, then the first round pick would advance to 2013. If that's the case I could see the Rams being a player. Hear me out. Bradford needs weapons. They're going to trade out of the 2 spot this year and get additional picks from a team that wants R.G. III. Therefore they'll have extra draft picks so losing next years 1 isn't so devastating.

Count Steeler
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Mark Kaboly‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
49ers, Ravens, Bengals likely out Mike Wallace sweepstakes. Now Pats likely to franchise Welker. All of a sudden there is nobody left for 17

Somewhere in Quebec, there was a huge sigh of relief. (polamalubeast)

polamalubeast
02-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Somewhere in Quebec, there was a huge sigh of relief. (polamalubeast)

Until the signing of Wallace will not be official, I will not be relieved!!

BigNastyDefense
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Do other teams have to sign Wallace before the draft? Because what I'm thinking is if they could sign him after the draft, then the first round pick would advance to 2013. If that's the case I could see the Rams being a player. Hear me out. Bradford needs weapons. They're going to trade out of the 2 spot this year and get additional picks from a team that wants R.G. III. Therefore they'll have extra draft picks so losing next years 1 isn't so devastating.

In free agency, if you want another team's free agent, you have to get them before the draft. Waiting until after the draft gives the player's current team a chance to sign them to a long-term deal OR another team to swoop in and sign him. Wallace will be under contract with a team, be it the Steelers or another team, within weeks of free agency starting.

I do not know if there is a time-limit for another team to try to get him to sign an offer sheet, but I would guess that there is so the team gets compensation in this year's draft.

stillers4me
02-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I am confident that we will be seeing Mike Wallace in black and gold for many years to come. Omar and company will getterdone!

polamalubeast
02-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I am confident that we will be seeing Mike Wallace in black and gold for many years to come. Omar and company will getterdone!

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

SteelGhost
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
It would be one of the most PAINFUL things to watch .... MW dressed in purple and black crowned with a crow in a helmet :yuck2: :puke:

suitanim
02-27-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm still worried about the Browns. If RGIII is going to the Redskins, and the Browns still want a QB, they may sign Matt Flynn ( he knows how to run the WCO) and they'll still need WR's, and they'll still have two picks in the first...

Count Steeler
02-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm still worried about the Browns. If RGIII is going to the Redskins, and the Browns still want a QB, they may sign Matt Flynn ( he knows how to run the WCO) and they'll still need WR's, and they'll still have two picks in the first...

Yeah, but its the Browns. Don't go using logic.

86WARD
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
The Steelers main competition for Wallace is going to be from San Francisco..based on the interviews I've heard and from what Trent Baalke "hasn't said."