PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 02:50 AM
lets collate all the combine data here so that we can all work together to help LLT / perry this year

Day 1 - O lineman weigh ins.

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012OL.php

Kevin Zeitler and Brandon Washington ----- short guys with short arms

Adams, Glenn, Osemele, McCants & Massie -------- huge, huge plus massive wingspan

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Day 1 - TE Weigh ins

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012TE.php

Ladarius Green is tall, long arms and big hands. On the rise?????

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Summary of Day 1

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012weighin1.php

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Mike Mayock's all value team

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82726e30/The-All-Mayock-teams

NFL Network - who we want to see

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82726f25/Who-we-want-to-see

ShutDown24
02-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Thanks Aussie!

I think Green and Orson Charles both shoot up the boards at tight end after the combine is all said and done.

Can't like the wingspan on Zeitler and Washington. Doesn't mean too much to me, but at the same time it is something teams will look at.

Rather tired now; finishing up at work for the day, but I will have to check out more tomorrow. I'm really glad we are underway.

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Wide Receivers

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012WR.php

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Running Backs

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012RB.php

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Quarterbacks

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012QB.php

Recap of the QB's

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012weighin2.php

Chidi29
02-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Watch out for Marvin Jones of Cal. Good size (6'2 199) with a big catch radius. Better YAC guy than you'd think and a willing blocker. Rumored that he will run in the low 4.4's at the Combine.

suitanim
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Watch out for Marvin Jones of Cal. Good size (6'2 199) with a big catch radius. Better YAC guy than you'd think and a willing blocker. Rumored that he will run in the low 4.4's at the Combine.

Do you know his avg yards per reception? That's usually a pretty good indicator of his ability to separate at the next level...

Chidi29
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Do you know his avg yards per reception? That's usually a pretty good indicator of his ability to separate at the next level...

13.6 his senior year. 15+ his sophomore and junior years.

And based on what I saw when I watched him, he won't burn anyone, but he can make guys miss in space.

steelersfanman92
02-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I have watched some tape of Josh Norman, CB, from Coastal Carolina and it seems like that guy can really play. He has great ball skills but I just want to see his 40 time. his speed could be his biggest downfall.

Aussie_steeler
02-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Benchpress

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012bench1.php

Osemele, Glenn, DeCastro & Zeitler put up good numbers. Two long arm guys ( Oseleme & Glenn) wowwed.

Adams showed very little strength along with Reiff, Potter and Massie.

Texasteel
02-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Benchpress

http://walterfootball.com/combine2012bench1.php

Osemele, Glenn, DeCastro & Zeitler put up good numbers. Two long arm guys ( Oseleme & Glenn) wowwed.

Adams showed very little strength along with Reiff, Potter and Massie.

No big surprises here. My favorite OG prospects had a good day, I would love any one of them, and I expect them all to have a good combine. The down side? I am thinking that none of them will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. All this talk about moving up in the 1st to take DeCastro, I think that by the end of the combines even the most hopefull will give up on that idea. I still think Glenn will be the next OG off the board, particularly it a team see's him as a possible OT. Osemele might move into the 1st round if teams start looking at him as a possible OT. I think that Glenn and Osemele will be available for us in the 1st if we want. Zeitler is the one that scares me. I have always hoped that he would be there for us in the 2nd, I am afraid if we want him we will have to move up in the 2nd, hope I am wrong.

Adams, Reiff, and Potter ( I think all will likely end up on the left side ) we already knew would need to work to improve their strength, that would not scare me off any one of them if we can get Potter with the right pick. Massie is the only one that surprised me, I expected more out of him. He was a powerful run blocker in school, but how will he do against the pro D-lineman.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 11:48 AM

I like Jones a lot, he looked to be maybe a 4th round or later prospect, but he showed well in Mobile and a low 4.4 40 time could push him higher to where we dont need to spend that kind of pick on a WR unfortunately.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 11:55 AM
No big surprises here. My favorite OG prospects had a good day, I would love any one of them, and I expect them all to have a good combine. The down side? I am thinking that none of them will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. All this talk about moving up in the 1st to take DeCastro, I think that by the end of the combines even the most hopefull will give up on that idea. I still think Glenn will be the next OG off the board, particularly it a team see's him as a possible OT. Osemele might move into the 1st round if teams start looking at him as a possible OT. I think that Glenn and Osemele will be available for us in the 1st if we want. Zeitler is the one that scares me. I have always hoped that he would be there for us in the 2nd, I am afraid if we want him we will have to move up in the 2nd, hope I am wrong.

Adams, Reiff, and Potter ( I think all will likely end up on the left side ) we already knew would need to work to improve their strength, that would not scare me off any one of them if we can get Potter with the right pick. Massie is the only one that surprised me, I expected more out of him. He was a powerful run blocker in school, but how will he do against the pro D-lineman.

Glenn moved well in the positional drills, but still plays high and if that is the case he could really be at better OT than G. If he can show that he can bend in the knees and get good pad level, then he is capable of being a good Guard, RT and maybe a guy that can play LT in a pinch.

I think Glenn might be off the board when we pick, but think Osemele and Zeitler will be in the 2nd, but not necessarily at our pick in the 2nd.

Still thinking I like a trade back scenario for us if Poe, Hightower or Glenn are not there. Might be able to get both Ta'amu and an OG (Zeitler or Osemele) in the 2nd round.

Rishaw Johnson is putting himself in the 6th round it looks like.

Texasteel
02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Glenn moved well in the positional drills, but still plays high and if that is the case he could really be at better OT than G. If he can show that he can bend in the knees and get good pad level, then he is capable of being a good Guard, RT and maybe a guy that can play LT in a pinch.

I think Glenn might be off the board when we pick, but think Osemele and Zeitler will be in the 2nd, but not necessarily at our pick in the 2nd.

Still thinking I like a trade back scenario for us if Poe, Hightower or Glenn are not there. Might be able to get both Ta'amu and an OG (Zeitler or Osemele) in the 2nd round.

Rishaw Johnson is putting himself in the 6th round it looks like.

I agree with everything that you said. Glenn helped himself a great deal today, and teams may have to put OT by his name now. I though Zeilter had a good day, I watched for Osemele, but kept missing him. I thought Silatolu looked like a 2nd round pick. I also thought that James Brown did himself a lot of good, as did Philip Blake.

I also thought that my guy Adam Gettis may have moved himself into the draft. Hid him for a year or two on the PS, he might develop into something.

Rishaw Johnson should have called in sick. He would have hurt himself less by saying " Screw you all, I ain't comin".

7willBheaven
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
What are some of you thinking about these TEs? Green looks interesting to me...

Texasteel
02-25-2012, 12:53 PM

I would rather have Cory Harkey. He is know for his blocking, but is showing that he can catch the ball as well. I could be wrong, but I don't thing Green is much of a blocking TE.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I agree with everything that you said. Glenn helped himself a great deal today, and teams may have to put OT by his name now. I though Zeilter had a good day, I watched for Osemele, but kept missing him. I thought Silatolu looked like a 2nd round pick. I also thought that James Brown did himself a lot of good, as did Philip Blake.

I also thought that my guy Adam Gettis may have moved himself into the draft. Hid him for a year or two on the PS, he might develop into something.

Rishaw Johnson should have called in sick. He would have hurt himself less by saying " Screw you all, I ain't comin".
I have it recorded, only got thru part of the 1st group. (family is inconventient this time of year). I'm not sold on James Brown, I know Mayock keeps harping on the Clemson game, but Brown looked terrible against good competition in Mobile.

I wonder if Blake is around there in the 4th? Would be a nice pickup to have another G/C on the squad. Also interesting to see if Brandon Brooks pro day is attended by the Steelers, since he didnt get an invite here.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 12:56 PM

I would rather have Cory Harkey. He is know for his blocking, but is showing that he can catch the ball as well. I could be wrong, but I don't thing Green is much of a blocking TE.

havent seen it yet, but how is Koger looking?? I had him as a possible 4th or 5th round pick by the Steelers.

Texasteel
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
havent seen it yet, but how is Koger looking?? I had him as a possible 4th or 5th round pick by the Steelers.

Beleive it or not, I don't think he was invited. At least I can't find his name, and I haven't seen him yet. He is a kid I like very much.

7willBheaven
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Beleive it or not, I don't think he was invited. At least I can't find his name, and I haven't seen him yet. He is a kid I like very much.

Thats what I was going to say...I dont remember hearing/seeing that name.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 02:32 PM

Thats what I was going to say...I dont remember hearing/seeing that name.

Nice!! That is how I like the sleeper picks to work out.

Its also less annoying than everybody posting........."why dont we draft (insert name of TE that just ran fastest 40, OL that just benched the most reps, etc)"

Steeltreal
02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Did Konz fall out of the 1st?

Texasteel
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM

I would be more than a little surprised if Konz drops out of the 1st round.

Shoes
02-25-2012, 06:02 PM

That would be sweet El and I'm happy he's not in the spotlight!

Chidi29
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Pretty sure Warren Sapp just called Michael Brockers a redshirt freshman and Jerel Worthy "James" Worthy. Please get him off the air NFLN and get Mayock back on.

ShutDown24
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Pretty sure Warren Sapp just called Michael Brockers a redshirt freshman and Jerel Worthy "James" Worthy. Please get him off the air NFLN and get Mayock back on.

It's sad to say this doesn't at all surprise me. Most of the ex-player talent on NFLN or anywhere else for that matter is beyond awful. Sapp and Dukes are two of the very worst. It has become apparent to me that just because someone played the game, doesn't necessarily mean they understand it. I swear some of these guys must have gotten through their careers on talent alone. Makes me wonder how little network producers must think of the fans. Then again, can't say I've met too many fans who have a very good understanding of the game either - so maybe it's all a moot point to 99% of viewers. But man is it annoying when a hall of fame caliber player-analysts gets something dead wrong. Especially when it comes to X's and O's.

Texasteel
02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Just finished watching the DT workouts, and my two winners are, Dontari Poe, and Derek Wolfe. Why do I say that? Because they both may have become Steelers this week.

I did miss Wolfe run the 40. Does anyone know what his 10 yard split was?

tube517
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Where is Mayock? He would be the only reason for me to watch NFLN.

LLT
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Core strength is more important than bench press strength at the interior positions....and Konz's shorter arms are not as much of a concern for a center then at other line positions. Konz game tape should keep him in the first round or the top of the 2nd at the very least.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Just finished watching the DT workouts, and my two winners are, Dontari Poe, and Derek Wolfe. Why do I say that? Because they both may have become Steelers this week.

I did miss Wolfe run the 40. Does anyone know what his 10 yard split was? 1.70. Just a hair off Jared Crick 1.69 and Vinny Curry 1.68.

Where is Mayock? He would be the only reason for me to watch NFLN.

I enjoy the heII out of Santa Mooch, 21st and Prime, anything Rich Eisen and yes.......Sapp-isms.

Honestly, got to take Mayock with a grain of salt at times. I remember him having LSU guard Herman Johnson #3 on his list. He pimped Macho Harris big too. Also, he was all over how good AQ Shipley looked on tape. " Come on Man!!!"

SteelerFanInStl
02-27-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd love to have Poe. Dude looks like a real stud.

Texasteel
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd love to have Poe. Dude looks like a real stud.

My only concurn is if he has a great Pro day will he move up right past us, as we have seen happen time and time again.

Anyone that didn't see Wolfe, he ran the drills right behind a 2nd/3rd round DE Billy Winn, and I though looked much better.

SteelerFanInStl
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM
My only concurn is if he has a great Pro day will he move up right past us, as we have seen happen time and time again.

Anyone that didn't see Wolfe, he ran the drills right behind a 2nd/3rd round DE Billy Winn, and I though looked much better.

I'm afraid that's what's going to happen. Poe is blowing up right now.

LLT
02-28-2012, 05:38 AM

I can see Houston...Denver... or Kansas City taking a long look at Poe.

GBMelBlount
02-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Poe will most likely be gone.

Texasteel
02-28-2012, 06:38 AM
I can see Houston...Denver... or Kansas City taking a long look at Poe.

Houston and Denver would and could move past us, I still think KC might go OL. I would be more worried about Tenn. and Cincy.

Will Poe be gone, will Glenn still be there, will Hightower be available, will Dorthy tell James that the baby is really his. I love this stuff.

LLT
02-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Houston and Denver would and could move past us, I still think KC might go OL. I would be more worried about Tenn. and Cincy.

Will Poe be gone, will Glenn still be there, will Hightower be available, will Dorthy tell James that the baby is really his. I love this stuff.

KC has holes at OT and OG...so that is a possiblility.

Chidi29
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Liked Casey Hayward out of Vandy. Looked really fluid and smooth in his drills.

ShutDown24
02-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I kind of have been thinking that Poe was going to be out of our range for some time now. Seems like that isn't going to change.

Mike Martin has been performing fantastically in my eyes. I'm kind of having a rough time pinpointing his value right now though. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I'd be surprised if he wasn't rising but I don't feel like there is a lot of buzz there.

Chidi29
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I kind of have been thinking that Poe was going to be out of our range for some time now. Seems like that isn't going to change.

Mike Martin has been performing fantastically in my eyes. I'm kind of having a rough time pinpointing his value right now though. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I'd be surprised if he wasn't rising but I don't feel like there is a lot of buzz there.

I think Tex is a fan. I haven't taken a good hard look at him but based on what I've seen, he looks like an old school, throwback DT that might not have the weight but in this day and age, you don't have to be a 345 pound guy to play the zero technique. And he uses leverage and is nasty, exactly what you're looking for. I like him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Yeah, I like Martin, but he is a 3 technique. A one gap, upfield DT that is best penetrating into the backfield....not really a 2-gap lineman that is going to occupy a couple O linemen for his LB to make plays. Reminds me of Trevor Laws a bit.

Mel Kiper has him with a 2nd-3rd round grade.

Texasteel
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I've watched Martin several times, and I like him very much, just not for us. He is stronger than he plays, and has a great deal of trouble with a double team. He needs to work on another move or two, the only one I've seen him use is the swim move. Maybe just needs to build his lower body strength and trust his power a little more. He is a good player, but I think he would do much better in a 4-3 defence.

ShutDown24
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
I think I have to disagree that Martin couldn't play nose effectively. From what I've seen he can routinely halt a double team. He doesn't get the penetration worthy of a first round talent at the position, but I think he could handle it.

Texasteel
03-01-2012, 06:24 AM
I think I have to disagree that Martin couldn't play nose effectively. From what I've seen he can routinely halt a double team. He doesn't get the penetration worthy of a first round talent at the position, but I think he could handle it.

You very well could be right about that SD. Its not like he doesn't have the upper body strength. We is also good at keeping his body low at the line of scrimage, even though he is not as quick off the line as I would like. It looked to me that at times he didn't trust his power. I have seen him, at times, spin away from a double team instead of trying to split them. (That could cause big problems in the pros.) Maybe it is wrestling background, something he could be coached out of. Still, I think I would rather have a Ta'amu, or a Fangupo, or a Chapman, all of whom may end up rated lower than Martin after the combine.