PDA

View Full Version : Gerry: Colbert defends Harrison

stillers4me
02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Several members of the national media asked Kevin Colbert about the style of play exhibited by outside linebacker James Harrison, who has been fined numerous times by the league for illegal hits.

One of the questions from a Cleveland-based writer who remembered the hit that knocked out Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and gave him a season-enmding concussion.

Colbert didn't hesitate with his defense of Harrison and said the team has not reached a "breaking point" with their four-time Pro Bowl linebacker.........

redad more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115022

Count Steeler
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Give me 53 like minded players like Harrison. Turn this Goodell Football League upside down.

ALLD
02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Colbert was entertaining and at the same time, completely professional. He came across intelligently and honestly without resorting to yuks like the Ryan twins or whining like the Harbaugh bros. His confident response should be a learning example for Wallace and anybody else who the media tries to suck into their vortex of hype. No wonder Colbert is part of the best organization in sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPTqd8g7yg

SteelerFanInStl
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Give me 53 like minded players like Harrison. Turn this Goodell Football League upside down.

Damn straight!

SteelGhost
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Kudos to Mr. Colbert :clap2:

steelerdude15
02-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I'd stand up for him too. He's one of those players everyone wants on their team, but no one will admit it.

GBMelBlount
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
One of the questions from a Cleveland-based writer who remembered the hit that knocked out Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and gave him a season-enmding concussion.

I mean what else is there to talk about when you are "owned" year in and year out...

fansince'76
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM

Wonder if the same "Cleveland-based writer" quizzed Shurmur as to why he allowed a very visibly concussed McCoy back on the field in the same game? Somehow I doubt it. :coffee:

86WARD
02-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Tiresome...

tube517
02-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Cleveland based writers have zero to write about except if Holmgren has become a full fledged walrus yet.

Austin87
02-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Harrison plays the game the way it is supposed to be played. It is actually sad that people brand him a 'dirty' player when only a couple years back his play was embraced by all football fans.

SMR
02-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Cleveland based writers have zero to write about except if Holmgren has become a full fledged walrus yet.

Isn't he already?? I mean, the resemblance is uncanny.