PDA

View Full Version : Colbert expects Wallace to stay with Steelers

stillers4me
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Kevin Colbert said he expects Mike Wallace to stay with the Steelers despite the interest the Pro Bowl wide receiver will receive as a restricted free agent.

"We want Mike to finish his career with the Steelers and I'm very confident that Mike wants to finish his career with the Steelers and play with a great quarterback like Ben Roethlisberger," Colbert, the Steelers' general manager, said today at the NFL Scouting Combine.

The Steelers will likely protect Wallace with the highest tender offer, one that would yield a first-round pick if he signs elsewhere. Colbert said the Steelers may also use a franchise tag on Wallace, which would give them exclusive negotiating rights............

Read more: Colbert expects Wallace to stay with Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_783168.html#ixzz1nFNojBIh) http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_783168.html#ixzz1nFNojBIh

Count Steeler
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
This MAY put polamalubeast at ease.

86WARD
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Kinda what Colbert has to say...

polamalubeast
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
This MAY put polamalubeast at ease.

I'm still nervous!!:lol::lol:

But I'm confident now!

SteelGhost
02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey PB, if we keep Wallace you MAY change your screen name for "WallaceBeast" :lol:

steelerdude15
02-23-2012, 07:43 PM
While I'm happy to hear he's expected to stay, we're not out of the water yet. There's still the possibility that he goes with another team, but we would get a first round pick. Its a catch twenty-two.

Austin87
02-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Hey PB, if we keep Wallace you MAY change your screen name for "WallaceBeast" :lol:

LOL! This.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Did I miss something?? I thought everbody said that Wallace was already gone to the Patriots??

tube517
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Did I miss something?? I thought everbody said that Wallace was already gone to the Patriots??

He already received some camera equipment and surveillance equipment in the mail.

Dino 6 Rings
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Patriots want Wallace just to get their hands on the Haley playbook.

(update made to avoid an argument after I was making a joke)

SMR
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Patriots want Wallace just to get their hands on the Haley playbook.

(update made to avoid an argument after I was making a joke)

Heh.

Don't worry, you're alright.

steel striker
02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope Wallace stays here for a long time and, also too make all those so called experts that said there is no way the steelers will be able to afford to keep him. If we can keep these young wr's the sky is the limit. I damn sure don't to see him in a pats or raven uniform. BARF!