PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Baron Batch Well On Road To Recovery

fansince'76
02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers RB Baron Batch checks in with Troy Clardy on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan.

With Rashard Mendenhall’s knee injury putting the Steelers’ running back situation in total flux, Baron tells us how his own knee injury rehab is going, and whether he’ll be good to go when the season begins.

Read more: Steelers RB Baron Batch Well On Road To Recovery (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/steelers-rb-baron-batch-well-on-road-to-recovery/)

Link to Audio Interview (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbspittsburgh.files.word press.com%2F2012%2F02%2Fbaronbatch022012.mp3&podcast_name=Steelers+RB+Baron+Batch&podcast_artist=Troy+Clardy&station_id=2105&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.PITTS)

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Good to hear. I was hoping this kid would replace Mewelde Moore this season. He's not big, but runs tough and looks like basically a younger and quicker version of Moore IMO.

tube517
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Haley should be drooling over this kid. I'm glad he's recovering. It's like an extra draft pick this year

Count Steeler
02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Good news. Hope he is fully healed for TC.

st33lersguy
02-20-2012, 10:06 PM
That is good. I hope he succeeds for the black and gold

Galax Steeler
02-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Hopefully his injury will recover 100% and will be ready for the start of the season.

suitanim
02-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Here is what I don't quite get. Baron Batch, who is by all accounts a great kid, don't get me wrong, but who has never played a single regular season down in the NFL, has a torn ACL and everyone is excited for him to come back and take Moore's spot as 3rd down back...and no one expects any setbacks.

But our starting RB, who has a couple solid seasons and at least one borderline great one suffers the same injury, and some are prognosticating that he's as good as done....will never be the same. It's like saying the injured bird in the bush is better than the TWO injured birds in hand.

How is that?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Here is what I don't quite get. Baron Batch, who is by all accounts a great kid, don't get me wrong, but who has never played a single regular season down in the NFL, has a torn ACL and everyone is excited for him to come back and take Moore's spot as 3rd down back...and no one expects any setbacks.

But our starting RB, who has a couple solid seasons and at least one borderline great one suffers the same injury, and some are prognosticating that he's as good as done....will never be the same. It's like saying the injured bird in the bush is better than the TWO injured birds in hand.

How is that?

You know, the backup RB is always the most popular guy on the squad......not the backup of the backup's backup.

Moore has been a non factor for nearly 2 seasons and I am enthused bythe prospect of Batch upgrading that spot. Mendenhall I believe is our best RB and hope he can return to pre injury form, as he is still a young player with not that much mileage on him.

Lots of people that value suddeness and glide like the taste of Haterade.