PDA

View Full Version : Report: Browns will likely attempt to trade up for Robert Griffin III

polamalubeast
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, there’s a really good chance that the Browns will attempt to trade up for the second overall pick in April’s draft, in order to get Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

rread more

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_browns_will_likely_attempt_to_trade_up_for_ robert_griffin_iii/9974500

Iron Steeler
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Crap afc north is getting tougher n tougher each year

oneforthetoe
02-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Yea but they are still the Browns. I hope RG3 has had his staph infection shots.

ShutDown24
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Colt McCoy will get all the blame for the Browns' let down of a season last year, even though he wasn't the biggest issue. I'd like to see them continue to build around him, but I can't blame them if they do go after Griffin who is (In my opinion) the best quarterback prospect in years.

Steeltreal
02-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Why wouldn't the Rams want to give up #4 pick for a Prime Mike Wallace

The Duke
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Griffin makes them tougher?? Can't wait for them to draft him to be honest

Count Steeler
02-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I'll take McCoy as a backup.

ALLD
02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
In 2010, every talking head on the radio was pumping McCoy, but since he was stupid enough to run into James Harrison's zone with the ball and got gonged, he has been the whipping boy.

suitanim
02-20-2012, 07:48 AM
McCoy could still be a viable NFL QB. Who knows? Cleveland is where QB dreams go to die.

Anyway, I hope they do trade up and take this kid. He still won't have anyone to throw to, and this takes one of the "Wallace options" off the table.

LLT
02-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Gotta wonder if this is the start of the smoke machine...to try and get Washington to trade up. That would allow Cleveland to have three draft picks in the first 40 slots.

suitanim
02-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Gotta wonder if this is the start of the smoke machine...to try and get Washington to trade up. That would allow Cleveland to have three draft picks in the first 40 slots.

Ahhhhhhhhh....I didn't think of that. Could be...

LLT
02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh....I didn't think of that. Could be...

I stand corrected...that would give them 4 picks in the first 40 slots.

With all the holes that Cleveland has..it makes NO sense to me for them to trade up and give away draft picks. The money would be on them to enter the Matt Flynn sweepstakes and then grab WR Justin Blackmon with the first pick...An Offensive linemen with the second... and still have two picks early in the second round.

suitanim
02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
And that's what they've been doing the last few years, too....stockpiling picks. It really just depends on if they realize it's hard for McCoy to come in as a second year player and pick-up a completely new offense with NO weapons at his disposal...and also how sold (or not sold) they are on RGIII as an elite franchise QB.

LLT
02-20-2012, 09:56 AM
And that's what they've been doing the last few years, too....stockpiling picks. It really just depends on if they realize it's hard for McCoy to come in as a second year player and pick-up a completely new offense with NO weapons at his disposal...and also how sold (or not sold) they are on RGIII as an elite franchise QB.

But then they HAVE to know that they have ANOTHER quarterback, regardless of how good he is, that has no weapons at his disposal.

Even Cleveland should be able to see this.

suitanim
02-20-2012, 10:40 AM
But then they HAVE to know that they have ANOTHER quarterback, regardless of how good he is, that has no weapons at his disposal.

Even Cleveland should be able to see this.

One would think...I also don't think most people realize how difficult the WCO can be to adjust to. Even though you don't make a lot of deep throws, you're throwing to spots and it's all timing and you have to be very accurate. It's not something most QB's can just pick right up...and there has to be a lot of trust and rapport between QB and WR, not too mention the WR's all need to be possession-type receivers.

st33lersguy
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
If Griffin goes to Cleveland, the Browns will find a way to mess up his career

SteelerFanInStl
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
McCoy isn't a starting QB in the NFL. RGIII has the talent to be and be a good one. Like others have said though, Cleveland needs FAR too much for them to waste picks moving up in the draft.