PDA

View Full Version : Want to see how the Cleveland fans are taking it?

steelerdude15
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Here you go, you have to go through a few pages, but here you go: http://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=GeneralDiscussion&Number=707483&page=0&fpart=all

:lol:

Mach1
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Without looking I can imagine. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2353EFSA7BwV8M:http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/1954834/64c/Funny/Lebron-Cry-baby.jpg

Killer
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
All the Browns boards are like that.
Its shit fits for everyone!!! ha ha

On one page the sorry ass Browns fans were begging to be the first in line to lick his nutsack if he please, please, please stayed....next page they want him to blow both ACL's in his first game in Miami!!!!

Hilarious!!!!

Devilsdancefloor
07-08-2010, 10:33 PM
well maybe they will throw art modell a parade now

steelerdude15
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
They were just making fun of the owner of the Cavs on SportsCenter after he made this statement:
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
wanna see how the owner of the cavs is taking it? http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html

Dan Gilbert's open letter to fans: James' decision a 'cowardly betrayal' and owner promises a title before Heat

Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 11:34 PM Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 11:35 PM

http://media.cleveland.com//avatars/userpic-1826827-100x100.png (http://connect.cleveland.com/user/clevepdstaff/index.html) Plain Dealer staff and wire reports (http://connect.cleveland.com/user/clevepdstaff/index.html)
Follow
Share this story

Story tools

http://media.cleveland.com/metro/photo/dan-gilbertjpg-c6f8f52058834b8d_large.jpgPlain Dealer photoDaniel Gilbert left no question about his anger over LeBron James' statement Thursday night.
Late Thursday night, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert issued the following statement on LeBron James' departure from the franchise.
Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

20 (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html#comments)

78Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fcavs %2Findex.ssf%2F2010%2F07%2Fgilberts_letter_to_fans _james.html%23modg_smoref_face&t=Dan%20Gilbert%27s%20open%20letter%20to%20fans%3A %20James%27%20decision%20a%20%27cowardly%20betraya l%27%20and%20owner%20promises%20a%20title%20before %20Heat%20%7C%20cleveland.com&src=sp)

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.
This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.
Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.
The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.
There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
You have given so much and deserve so much more.
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."
You can take it to the bank.
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.
Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.
Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.
This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.
But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.
The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.
Just watch.
Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...
I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:
DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...
Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

steelerdude15
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Isn't it odd how Tony and I just posted the same thing at the same time.... Jinks!

xX-TSK-Xx
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I've been watching Cleveland news tonight and over the course of 3 hours James has become the most hated man and Gilbert the most loved.

tony hipchest
07-08-2010, 10:54 PM
:chuckle: but mine has the picture thats worth 1000 words. so much that could be said will go unsaid. i will just laugh.

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
And you wonder why Cleveland can't win shit, with owners like that how can you? Nice guarantee Dna, maybe Mo will start to shoot lights out in the playof....oh wait you won't win 20 games next year.

xX-TSK-Xx
07-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Maybe Cleveland has a shit season and gets the right to draft The Ohio State's Jarred Sullinger and make him their new favorite son.

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Any questions about why LBJ left should be answered by that letter.

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
This shit is too good to make up....http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

X-Terminator
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
That has to be a joke letter...please tell me it's a joke!

If it's not, it's one of the worst examples of classlessness I've ever seen, and exactly what I'd expect from Cleveland. No matter how angry you might be, you ALWAYS show class. Gilbert is no better than he perceives Lebron to be.

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/07/cleveland-akron_fans_saddened.html

"He'll be back -- I mean we have a knew coach this year so we could be better than Miami," said Ken Glowacki of Amherst. Jesus Cleveland, it's too easy...

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM

If it's not, it's one of the worst examples of classlessness I've ever seen, and exactly what I'd expect from Cleveland. No matter how angry you might be, you ALWAYS show class. Gilbert is no better than he perceives Lebron to be.

Not a joke, when that's your owner is it any wonder LBJ made the right decision?

steeldevil
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
How stupid can you be to make a guarantee like that? I guess its not impossible, but damn! How stupid!

tony hipchest
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM

nope. its taken from their main fishwrap, and pretty obvious it wasnt written in 5 minutes of haste. i guess the OWNER was telling the truth when he said legone had absolutely no input in the hiring of their new head coach.

which begs the question....

is everybody in cleveland this retarded?

MasterOfPuppets
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM
i guess lebron's "love of the area" , just wasn't enough .....http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/lolol.gif

SteelersinCA
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I feel sorry for XFL, he gets it. The rest of Cleveland can rot in hell.

venom
07-09-2010, 05:56 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/mr2qac.jpg

Killer
07-09-2010, 06:15 AM
The Drive
The Fumble
Art Modell
LeBron

GitNoLuv
07-09-2010, 06:42 AM
The Drive
The Fumble
Art Modell
LeBron

Art Modell is in a class all his own. Lebron left to win more championships. Art Modell stole our team from us because he couldn't manage his outside-of-football interests properly. Then, after being in Baltimore for a short while, realized that he still couldn't do it and had to sell the team.

Lebron left the team, but one player leaving is not like 53 players and en entire coaching/scouting staff leaving. Art Modell is a piece of shot. Lebron just wants to win and doesn't believe Cleveland gives him the best chance at that. HUGE Difference.

SteelCityMan786
07-09-2010, 07:13 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/mr2qac.jpg

He was right about LeBron not going to New York Though.

Edman
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
The Cavs owner sounds very butthurt. He has to show better professionalism than that. He sounds like an Internet Tough Guy. Could've taken the higher road and took it like a man, instead he whines like a baby in the media.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-09-2010, 08:55 AM
The Cavs owner sounds very butthurt. He has to show better professionalism than that. He sounds like an Internet Tough Guy. Could've taken the higher road and took it like a man, instead he whines like a baby in the media.

Yeah, but he does speak some truth in his accusations that James "quit" in the playoffs. If you watch the games, he is the NBA MVP that looked afraid to put the game in his hands.

My bet is that even in Miami.....when its crunch time the ball will be in the hands of Wade, not the quitter.

SteelersinCA
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM

The only thing I can say in defense of Gilbert is how would you feel if your investment suddenly went from worth billions to garbage?

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
The only thing I can say in defense of Gilbert is how would you feel if your investment suddenly went from worth billions to garbage?

LaPissed

So much for having the "inside track". :doh:

silver & black
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Ya know... I understand that a Steelers forum isn't going to have a lot of pitty for a rival city, but... don't you think that the way LeBron handled this was just the least bit shitty, after all the love NE Ohio has shown him over the last 7 years? I've gone to the Q to watch LeBron play many times over the past few years... I've never seen an athlete so adored by a fan base. To literally bitch slap them on national TV is just beyond belief, to me. The fans didn't/don't deserve that kind of bullshit.

LeBron has every right to do as he pleases with his life and his career... he also has the responsibility to be a man about it. He should have met with Gilbert and notified him of his decision BEFORE he went on the national spotlight and dropped the bomb; total disrespect to his employer and his fanbase to do it the way he did. I can't help but think less of him for the way in which he orchastrated this utter, egotistical fiasco.

Gilbert should have kept his mouth shut, no doubt. He should have slept on it and responded when his head was clearer. I don't condone his actions at all, but I sure do understand it.

Good luck to you LeBron... I have no ill feelings toward you. Thanks for a great run in Cleveland. I also hope you look back on this in the future and realize how badly you handled this.

SteelersinCA
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Ya know... I understand that a Steelers forum isn't going to have a lot of pitty for a rival city, but... don't you think that the way LeBron handled this was just the least bit shitty, after all the love NE Ohio has shown him over the last 7 years? I've gone to the Q to watch LeBron play many times over the past few years... I've never seen an athlete so adored by a fan base. To literally bitch slap them on national TV is just beyond belief, to me. The fans didn't/don't deserve that kind of bullshit.

LeBron has every right to do as he pleases with his life and his career... he also has the responsibility to be a man about it. He should have met with Gilbert and notified him of his decision BEFORE he went on the national spotlight and dropped the bomb; total disrespect to his employer and his fanbase to do it the way he did. I can't help but think less of him for the way in which he orchastrated this utter, egotistical fiasco.

Gilbert should have kept his mouth shut, no doubt. He should have slept on it and responded when his head was clearer. I don't condone his actions at all, but I sure do understand it.

Good luck to you LeBron... I have no ill feelings toward you. Thanks for a great run in Cleveland. I also hope you look back on this in the future and realize how badly you handled this.

I agree, I think there is an element of classlessness all around, from Lbj to Gilbert to the fans. LBJ showed his true colors, unfortunately for him the ploy to enhance his brand backfired.

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Ya know... I understand that a Steelers forum isn't going to have a lot of pitty for a rival city, but... don't you think that the way LeBron handled this was just the least bit shitty, after all the love NE Ohio has shown him over the last 7 years?

You're right. It was handled badly by all parts. The problem is, Cleveland is the one with the red mark on the side of it's face. LeQuit will now have his rep questioned, but if he cared, he wouldn't have gone about it the way he did in the first place. EGO-maniac.

xX-TSK-Xx
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Gilbert wasn't done today. He is the owner of the Fatheads company and he lowered the price of LeBron's Fathead from $100 to $17.41. The importance is 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born. I don't know but I think LeBenedict has a nice ring to it. :chuckle:

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think you could give those things away anymore... unless it had the new uni.

silver & black
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Gilbert is just as much to blame for this as LeBron. He can play the victim all he wants, but those of us who live in the area know better. There is enough blame to go around on both sides.

xX-TSK-Xx
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Gilbert is just as much to blame for this as LeBron. He can play the victim all he wants, but those of us who live in the area know better. There is enough blame to go around on both sides.

Do you mean for LeBron's exit or for the outbursts that are taking place?

GitNoLuv
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Gilbert wasn't done today. He is the owner of the Fatheads company and he lowered the price of LeBron's Fathead from $100 to $17.41. The importance is 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born. I don't know but I think LeBenedict has a nice ring to it. :chuckle:
OK, that's actually pretty funny. I didn't know that Gilbert was the owner of Fatheads.

Gilbert is as much to blame for what as Lebron? For Lebron leaving? That's pure speculation. Gilbert's reaction was definitely way over the top, but that's the aftermath. Lebron's leaving is Lebron trying to win a ring...and not believing Cleveland has done enough (or will do enough) to get him there during the next 5 years.

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM

I'm just saying "cleveland" fans wouldn't buy it at any price now.... That's if your even talking to me. :chuckle:

:drink:

xX-TSK-Xx
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Heres a nice little Lebron quote I dug up:

"It’s all about competing, about trying to be the best. It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."
— Lebron in 2006

xX-TSK-Xx
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Some funny photos comming out of Cleveland.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/jceasar11/batman-and-robin-6.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs036.ash2/35186_410414313666_623368666_4666949_529467_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs075.snc4/35110_134334983264077_100000627271278_232183_86880 4_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs062.snc4/34476_1148036076890_1707234061_284911_7473991_n.jp g

Indo
07-09-2010, 02:59 PM
nope. its taken from their main fishwrap, and pretty obvious it wasnt written in 5 minutes of haste. i guess the OWNER was telling the truth when he said legone had absolutely no input in the hiring of their new head coach.

which begs the question....

is everybody in cleveland this retarded?

silver & black
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
OK, that's actually pretty funny. I didn't know that Gilbert was the owner of Fatheads.

Gilbert is as much to blame for what as Lebron? For Lebron leaving? That's pure speculation. Gilbert's reaction was definitely way over the top, but that's the aftermath. Lebron's leaving is Lebron trying to win a ring...and not believing Cleveland has done enough (or will do enough) to get him there during the next 5 years.

Gilbert failed to put a team around LeBron. He ran Ferry out of town. Basically, I'm not a fan of Gilbert... for more reasons than just his handling of the Cavs, so, I guess my statement is somewhat biased.

GitNoLuv
07-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Gilbert failed to put a team around LeBron. He ran Ferry out of town. Basically, I'm not a fan of Gilbert... for more reasons than just his handling of the Cavs, so, I guess my statement is somewhat biased.

Yeah, I didn't like running Ferry out of town...but the team that Gilbert inherited was absolutely atrocious. Danny Ferry's first year (Larry Hughes) was a rough one, but he managed to build a better team around him via trades and draft picks. I think that if Ferry was still in town (and Byron Scott was coach), Lebron might have actually resigned...and Ferry would have aggressively pursued another trade.

Losing Coach Brown wasn't a terrible thing. He was a great defensive coach, but a terrible mind for offense. Losing Ferry on top of it does hurt us some. But there were some questionable decisions made. I think Gilbert was looking to change the atmosphere (under the assumption that Lebron would re-sign) and bring in a fresh staff who could build upon what was already a pretty decent team.

xX-TSK-Xx
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Okay this shirt is great.

http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/25546133/300.jpg

More at this site.

http://kissmyasslebron.bigcartel.com/

memphissteelergirl
07-10-2010, 06:33 PM
...there is an element of classlessness all around, from Lbj to Gilbert to the fans. LBJ showed his true colors, unfortunately for him the ploy to enhance his brand backfired.

Agreed. LaBron's image outside of Miami ain't going to be sterling for a VERY long time. And Gilbert just sounds like some bitter high school chick that just got dumped. Cleveland fans? Well, they are what they are.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-11-2010, 12:04 PM

IDK, they put enough decent talent around him like Shaq, Jamison, Verajao, Ilguskas, Mo Williams and other depth guys like West and Powe......but when it got to crunch time those guys looked to the MVP to step up and take control of games in the playoffs. Against the Celtics he looked like he wanted one of them to take over.

I think that history will end up showing that Lequit is gonna be the wingman to Wade and whoever else he has success with. He's not willing to be the main man. I thought he said the Cavs had the edge in offseason though?? But rever returned Gilberts calls???

silver & black
07-11-2010, 12:46 PM
IDK, they put enough decent talent around him like Shaq, Jamison, Verajao, Ilguskas, Mo Williams and other depth guys like West and Powe......but when it got to crunch time those guys looked to the MVP to step up and take control of games in the playoffs. Against the Celtics he looked like he wanted one of them to take over.

I think that history will end up showing that Lequit is gonna be the wingman to Wade and whoever else he has success with. He's not willing to be the main man. I thought he said the Cavs had the edge in offseason though?? But rever returned Gilberts calls???

All those guys you named are nothing more than decent NBA players. There isn't anything particularly special about any of them... Shaq is at the end of his career and doesn't really do much of anything.

I agree that Bron quit in the playoffs. My own personal conspiracy theory is that this was planned after the Olympics. Bron didn't even bat an eye at the loss to the Celtics in the final game... like he had already moved on. I wouldn't doubt his performance was deliberate; how can you leave after just winning a championship?

I'm just not a fan of Gilbert, but I don't cut Bron any slack in all of this either. He handled the whole thing poorly. He should have just been up front with his intentions and personally called Gilbert and told him before he went on national TV and thoroughly shit all over the fan base that loved him like no other athlete in recent history. I'm not a huge basketball fan, so this doesn't bother me that much. I just thought Bron was a bigger man than what he showed. I will never look at him the same way again. I hope MeBron gets what he wants... and that in later years, he thinks it was worth what he did to a fan base that truly loved him.

SteelersinCA
07-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Isn't there a rumor they all made a pact to play together? The only one left out is Melo. When they don;t win this year because they have 4 mil to sign 6 other people, I wonder what will happen with Melo.

silver & black
07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Isn't there a rumor they all made a pact to play together? The only one left out is Melo. When they don;t win this year because they have 4 mil to sign 6 other people, I wonder what will happen with Melo.

Yeah, that's the rumor. I thought Melo signed an extention with Denver?

SteelersinCA
07-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know if he did or didn't.

SteelMember
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I agree that Bron quit in the playoffs. My own personal conspiracy theory is that this was planned after the Olympics.

Mark Cuban may agree with you in some respect.

Mark Cuban talks about LeBron "tampering" (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/mark-cuban-talks-about-lebron-tampering-and-buying-the-texas-rangers/1)

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wants the NBA to investigate the circumstances that led to LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to all sign with the Miami Heat.

The thing that makes Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavericks one of the most entertaining owners in sports is that he has no unspoken thoughts. In the past few days he's sounded off in support of Cavs owner Dan Gilbert blasting LeBron James, talked about tampering by the Miami Heat and perhaps becoming the new owner of the Texas Rangers.

The one subject sure to get commissioner David Stern's attention is the "tampering" word.

"I'm going to bring it up to the league that we really do have to re-evaluate the issue of player tampering," Cuban said. "Who knows what will happen? But I have to suggest it to them because there has to be more definitive rules."

Many are speculating that James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh had been planning to join forces as long as two years ago.

It is unclear whether Cuban plans to file a charge but says "there has to be a way to keep these guys away from each other for the last week anyway."