PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger getting ready for prime time

Count Steeler
02-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Ben Roethlisberger already has adjusted his game, and it has nothing to do with old or new coordinators, old or new offenses, things Art Rooney did or did not say.
It has plenty to do with his 30th birthday March 2.
"That's why I'm working out already," Roethlisberger said.

Last year, I felt really good about the year, even though we had our downfalls with injuries and stuff, but I feel like I'm coming into the prime of my career, what I hope will be my best years. So I want to make sure I'm ready to go. That's another reason I hope our offense doesn't change because I feel like I'm just ready to hit it full stride and go with this.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12046/1210221-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1mRq2xosi

zulater
02-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Watching 2004 draft classmate Eli Manning quarterback the New York Giants to their second Super Bowl victory in the past five seasons inspired him even more, Roethlisberger said.

"Now that Eli has tied me with his second, I have to try to get back up on him. So I have a little extra motivation."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12046/1210221-66.stm#ixzz1mRtJOrEi

Good! This is what I was hoping for!

BlastFurnace
02-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Watching 2004 draft classmate Eli Manning quarterback the New York Giants to their second Super Bowl victory in the past five seasons inspired him even more, Roethlisberger said.

"Now that Eli has tied me with his second, I have to try to get back up on him. So I have a little extra motivation."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12046/1210221-66.stm#ixzz1mRtJOrEi

Thank you Eli!

suitanim
02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I still don't understand where this idea that Ben is going to "adjust his game" is coming from. It's not gonna happen. I mean, of course we could shift to a quick-hitter passing attack, but there's still chances that nobody will be open. Ben STILL won't throw the ball away and STILL will buy time by scrambling in the pocket and will STILL take too many hits.

That's the way he plays the game. That's the way he's always played the game.

But I do like the fact that he's taking the physical side seriously. Brett Favre didn't really start working out in the offseason until he was about 35...

tube517
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
I saw the title of the article and thought he was doing an interview with Pee-on.

Steeldude
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
That's why I'm working out already," Roethlisberger said

Good. BR has been looking a little doughy.

ALLD
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
If BB didn't have such an arm, he would have been on his way to replacing Hampton.

SMR
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
If BB didn't have such an arm, he would have been on his way to replacing Hampton.

:toofunny:

Thank you, you just made my night!

BigNastyDefense
02-15-2012, 06:28 PM

I am glad that I swallowed my mouthful of Dr. Pepper before I got to this post otherwise I would have spit it all over my laptop!!

Butch
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I still don't understand where this idea that Ben is going to "adjust his game" is coming from. It's not gonna happen. I mean, of course we could shift to a quick-hitter passing attack, but there's still chances that nobody will be open. Ben STILL won't throw the ball away and STILL will buy time by scrambling in the pocket and will STILL take too many hits.

That's the way he plays the game. That's the way he's always played the game.

But I do like the fact that he's taking the physical side seriously. Brett Favre didn't really start working out in the offseason until he was about 35...

Maybe it's more of how he prepares for games??? I have to agree with those who say he looked a little pudgy this year so maybe he will get in better shape. Maybe he will study more game film??? Maybe it's some other small adjustment. I would agree with you that the changes won't be major but even minor changes here and there can help. I don't want to see him throwing the ball away because I love to see him make plays when things break down. I wouldn't mind seeing him run a couple of times each game to hopefully pull some defenders off the receivers. Anyway those are just my thoughts for what it's worth.

siss
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
The wife must be a good cook because I have noticed him looking a little pudgy!