PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: Team to re-tool, not rebuild in '12

polamalubeast
02-13-2012, 08:36 AM
In the days after the Steelers lost to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV, General Manager Kevin Colbert was asked for his assessment of the team’s season, and he was matter-of-fact. “We were good enough for second, but second isn’t good enough.”

The 2011 Steelers finished with the same 12-4 regular season record as the previous season’s team, but this time it ended in the Wild Card Round of the playoffs and in dramatic fashion with an overtime loss to Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. And Colbert was just as matter-of-fact in his assessment.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Colbert-Team-to-re-tool-not-rebuild-in-12/bd85169a-cc4f-46df-86be-d03f627dbd49

Steeldude
02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
If a player has a high cap number, then he should be performing at a high level and have a chance to continue performing at a high level

Interesting how some people on here feel a player's salary is irrelevant to how they should play. I guess Colbert knows nothing :D

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Interesting how some people on here feel a player's salary is irrelevant to how they should play. I guess Colbert knows nothing :D

Is Colbert the guy that helps dish out big contracts to 4 year veteran linebackers who dont hustle?? I guess he does know nothing.

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
I look forward to seeing what we do in the draft. Bet we go Oline first round again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I look forward to seeing what we do in the draft. Bet we go Oline first round again.
I am actually hoping for Poe at NT.

suitanim
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Why would we need to rebuild? We're a couple offensive lineman away from a Super Bowl win. Even if the defense suffers, we can still win a Super Bowl. The Giants and Pats had two of the worst defenses ever to play in the game, and were easily the worst combined ever.

ALLD
02-13-2012, 02:02 PM
We are very lucky in that Colbert is not only a great GM, he is also a great American!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-4E8ZDj9s&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8E181BDAEE8B275B