PDA

View Full Version : Former Cardinals QB Warner Talks Todd Haley

polamalubeast
02-13-2012, 08:07 AM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Former Arizona Cardinals, and St. Louis Rams quarterback, and Super Bowl Champion, Kurt Warner joined the Fan Morning Show on Monday to talk about his former offensive coordinator, Todd Haley.

Haley was Warner’s offensive coordinator for two years in Arizona.

Haley’s fiery personality has caused concern for Steelers fans, but Kurt said of Haley, ”He is definitely a competitor,” and that he ”wears his emotions on his sleeve.” However, he respected Haley, saying, “I came to… appreciate that side of him because he challenged me to be the best I can be.”

For the entire interview, click below:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/13/former-cardinals-qb-warner-talks-todd-haley/

Dodt
02-13-2012, 08:19 AM
love the audio portion of the article ,nice find.

polamalubeast
02-13-2012, 08:21 AM
It was a great interview

I encourage you to listen!

GBMelBlount
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Haley’s fiery personality has caused concern for Steelers fans, but Kurt said of Haley, ”He is definitely a competitor,” and that he ”wears his emotions on his sleeve.”

However, he respected Haley, saying, “I came to… appreciate that side of him because he challenged me to be the best I can be.”

I agree

This is the kind of coach I BY FAR liked and respected the most.

They would scream and yell if they felt you were slacking or not performing to your potential and even fling some spittle in your general direction...

but you ALWAYS knew above and beyond anything else, it was because they cared.

suitanim
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
It's sort of implying that Arians accepted and embraced mediocrity. I really don't think that's the case...

Steeldude
02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Warner is saying what some have said on here about BR's play in the pocket. What does Warner know? He's just another arm chair QB.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Warner is saying what some have said on here about BR's play in the pocket. What does Warner know? He's just another arm chair QB.

Yes, Kurt Warner appears to be a Ben hater. Or, is he really a myopic Arians hater that is directing his hate towards Ben because the OC is now in Indy?? I knew the hate ran deep, but all the way to Kurt Warner??

O'Malley
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
It's sort of implying that Arians accepted and embraced mediocrity. I really don't think that's the case...

This is the reason he's gone!!!!!!!

suitanim
02-13-2012, 03:50 PM
But we are also being told NOT to accept Warner's opinion on Eli. And we were told to accept the POSITIVE things ex-players said about Haley but to ignore the NEGATIVE ones. So, like..........are players and ex-players the definitive voice regardless, or, um......only a legitimate source when they agree with individual opinions, and to be ignored when they don't?

It's just all very confusing. There are two standards...yet, pointing that fact out creates even more animosity. The messenger gets killed, which is fine, but......um........the message still stands.

suitanim
02-13-2012, 03:51 PM
This is the reason he's gone!!!!!!!

Sorry, but THAT is absurd.

O'Malley
02-13-2012, 04:04 PM

I think not... Him being gone is enough basis for it being anything but absurd... If it wasn't he'd still be the OC.. You can't really believe that he got the most out of the offense.. I don't. Neither did Rooney...

Butch
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM

Why is that absurd???

GoSlash27
02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Why is that absurd???

Because Suit sez it is. *shrug*. Seems to me that if the FO thought Arians was worth keeping around, they would've done so.

suitanim
02-14-2012, 05:24 AM
You guys can accuse him (rightly, or mostly wrongly) of anything you like, but accusing the guy of settling for mediocrity is below-the-belt. The guy has a style you don't like, fine, but let's be reasonable and not lose our heads here.

If you want to see mediocrity, check out Kansas City's W/L record last year. Or PPG. Or the Cardinals running game in 2008. I don't think Todd Haley was happy with any of those results, and I don't think Arians was happy with what his offense produced either. There's a difference between PRODUCING mediocrity and being CONTENT with it. I doubt there's a SINGLE coach at the NFL level that falls into the latter category. And I don't believe that Arians results were mediocre, either...even THAT'S a reach.

THAT'S why it's an absurd statement.

Steeldude
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Because Suit sez it is. *shrug*. Seems to me that if the FO thought Arians was worth keeping around, they would've done so.

lol