PDA

View Full Version : Ward, Steelers deny his release

LLT
02-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Ward, Steelers deny his release
Sunday, February 12, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If the Steelers have decided to release Hines Ward, it is news to Ward -- and maybe even the Steelers.

The NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, who also works for NFL.com, wrote that, according to his sources, "Ward won't be back."

A source close to Ward, however, said no one from the Steelers has indicated to him that the team plans to release him. Also, Steelers sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that no decision has been made regarding Ward's future with the team.

Ward, who could not be reached for comment, issued a statement on his Facebook page after the NFL report:

"I don't normally like to respond to rumors, but as I've said all along, I want to finish my career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. And as I've already told the organization, I am willing to work with them to restructure my contract to make sure this happens."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12043/1209685-66.stm#ixzz1mAt804k3

salamander
02-12-2012, 07:43 AM
This is why I rarely believe these guys and their "sources" until I hear it directly from the team.

zulater
02-12-2012, 07:49 AM
This is why I rarely believe these guys and their "sources" until I hear it directly from the team.

He probably will eventually be released, but not in such a classless manner.

fansince'76
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM

Rule of thumb: It ain't official until Rob Lowe tweets it. :chuckle:

Hindes204
02-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Rule of thumb: It ain't official until Rob Lowe tweets it. :chuckle:

EXACTLY!! I'm not going to believe anything until Mr Lowe breaks the news.

SMR
02-12-2012, 09:06 AM
No offense to anyone, but this "Rob Lowe tweeting thing" is so old now. Sure it's funny for a while, but enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yell:

:tongue1::tongue1:

Count Steeler
02-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I sure hope Hines and someone from the FO get on the phone today and settle this now. It would be a major faux pas on the Steelers part to not discuss their intentions with Hines before it hits the media. Hines has been a great and gracious Steeler, let's not screw this up at the end of his career.

BTW, I agree SMR about the Rob Lowe tweet.

SMR
02-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I sure hope Hines and someone from the FO get on the phone today and settle this now. It would be a major faux pas on the Steelers part to not discuss their intentions with Hines before it hits the media. Hines has been a great and gracious Steeler, let's not screw this up at the end of his career.

BTW, I agree SMR about the Rob Lowe tweet.

Yep, thanks bro. The sooner we deal with Hines, the better. I'm tired of all this, and we need this dealt with before this becomes too much of a distraction and the Steelers can sooner prepare for SB trophy #7!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: