PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney strikes again

stillers4me
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib

RT “@ScottBrown_Trib (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/ScottBrown_Trib): After meeting with Art Rooney II Friday, Omar Khan decided against pursuing Rams GM job.”

Bastard. First it was Butler. Then the whole thing with Arians and Haley.

Now this. When will the man ever learn to butt out???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/th_BEG.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/?action=view&current=BEG.gif)

bayz101
02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
What a jerk, always in other's business :lol:

GutterflowerSteel
02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
*relief* thanks for posting that :)

oneforthetoe
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Yep, Jerry Jones Pittsburgh strikes again. ;)

ALLD
02-11-2012, 01:39 PM
It seems we keep what is necessary and let what is not walk.

ALLD
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
It seems we keep what is necessary and let what is not walk.

FYI, his dad was more responsible for the 1970s team than the Chief. Nevertheless, the apple does not fall far from the tree. There are still some good things in this world to brag about.

Chidi29
02-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I know we're just joking around here but people like myself who were upset over the situation don't think that Rooney shouldn't talk to anybody (most people do, at least). Personally, I've always been fine with the idea of Rooney talking to everyone. He's the owner, he can try to talk/persuade the rest of the coaches/staff. Just as he seemed to do with Khan.

But wouldn't you be upset from a football perspective if you hear that Khan was not granted permission by the team to interview for the job. That Khan had no say in the matter, that Rooney determined what he would do? I would. Same thing with Tomlin/Arians. If the reports are true, Tomlin had no control.

Count Steeler
02-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Great news. I'm really looking forward to next season.

I think we are going to have a tremendous draft and the team is going to be in good shape for a run at #7.

O'Malley
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I know we're just joking around here but people like myself who were upset over the situation don't think that Rooney shouldn't talk to anybody (most people do, at least). Personally, I've always been fine with the idea of Rooney talking to everyone. He's the owner, he can try to talk/persuade the rest of the coaches/staff. Just as he seemed to do with Khan.

But wouldn't you be upset from a football perspective if you hear that Khan was not granted permission by the team to interview for the job. That Khan had no say in the matter, that Rooney determined what he would do? I would. Same thing with Tomlin/Arians. If the reports are true, Tomlin had no control.

Rooney gave him permission to meet with the Rams, Kahn never met with them...

The WH
02-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Rooney: Hey Khan---$$$$
Khan: ok.

shortest meeting ever.

Chidi29
02-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Rooney gave him permission to meet with the Rams, Kahn never met with them...

Probably because they talked about it and reached an agreement that Khan would stay.

Which is how it should be.

I was saying that I would be upset if Khan wasn't even granted the opportunity.

stillers4me
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I was saying that I would be upset if Khan wasn't even granted the opportunity.

Why? It happens all the time. If they are still under contract, they have to receive permission to interview elsewhere. And they don't always get it. It happens all the time. :noidea:

Same thing with Tomlin/Arians. If the reports are true, Tomlin had no control.

When Tomlin buys a football team, that he can have the final word,

It's time to let it go.

Chidi29
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Why? It happens all the time. If they are still under contract, they have to receive permission to interview elsewhere. And they don't always get it. It happens all the time. :noidea:

It's time to let it go.

I realize it happens. I didn't ask if it existed or not. I said that person would be upset if they were denied a chance for a promotion and I could sympathize.

Tomlin's job as the head coach is to be able to pick his staff. He's earned it and most coaches are afforded that luxury. You want a group of guys you're comfortable with and ones you think give you the best chance to win.

Edman
02-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Jerry Jones Rooney is an annoying meddler.

Everyone knows you sit on your hands and let your staff walk for nothing.

fansince'76
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Awesome news. The Steelers need Khan's cap wizardry now more than ever. :yay3:

Bluecoat96
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Chidi- You are basing your opinion on media reports, not on first hand knowledge. You have absolutely NO clue how the situation with Arians/Haley truly played out behind closed doors. If you do have first hand knowledge, I apologize, but until you find out TRUE FACTS, give it a rest. Guess what? In the real world, sometimes owners and employees don't see totally eye to eye 100% of the time. Life is not sunshine, puppies, and rainbows all the time.

I couldn't even begin to touch your intimate knowledge of football facts and figures, though, so I look forward to your analysis next year.

st33lersguy
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Can we be surprised coming from an organization that has 6 super bowl wins?

Shoes
02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Awesome news. The Steelers need Khan's cap wizardry now more than ever. :yay3:

..........the fact that the Rooney's are cheap will help also. :chuckle:

SMR
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM

It's time to let it go.

Exactly.

tube517
02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Art Rooney II will be on Youtube drunk and tell the world that Bill Parcells is an a-hole. Meddling jerk.

Chidi29
02-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Chidi- You are basing your opinion on media reports, not on first hand knowledge. You have absolutely NO clue how the situation with Arians/Haley truly played out behind closed doors. If you do have first hand knowledge, I apologize, but until you find out TRUE FACTS, give it a rest. Guess what? In the real world, sometimes owners and employees don't see totally eye to eye 100% of the time. Life is not sunshine, puppies, and rainbows all the time.

I couldn't even begin to touch your intimate knowledge of football facts and figures, though, so I look forward to your analysis next year.

I realize that which is why I've always tried to remember to say "according to reports". But there hasn't been any disputes of the report either and we know Tomlin said he anticipated both his coordinators back at his season ending presser.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I realize that which is why I've always tried to remember to say "according to reports". But there hasn't been any disputes of the report either and we know Tomlin said he anticipated both his coordinators back at his season ending presser. go back and look at Tomlin season ending presser. He says they anticipate them both being back..but also said that things can happen and theY will deal with those as they arrive.

It was no lock that either coordinator would be back. Ultimately its not Tomlin signing the coaches paycheck. It's clear the Arians fans read that season ending presser as endorsement of the status quo, but ignored the "things can happen" part.

Moving on with our new OC.