PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger needs to keep his issues out of the media

polamalubeast
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
This is starting to get old. Ben Roethlisberger needs to get out of the media. In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post Gazette before Steelers new offensive coordinator even had his introductory press conference Roethlisberger had to talk about what he thought Haley should do.

This is now the third time since the start of the playoffs Roethlisberger has spoken for no reason and tried to play his hand through the media. It started with the warning to not let Bruce Arians go at the end of the season. Arians was not even on the chopping block at the time and Roethlisberger had to make a media push for him for no reason. Then we had to hear about how he was headed up to Mr. Rooney’s office to get his two cents in. Now we have to hear about how he does not want Haley to change anything.

read more

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2012/02/10/ben-roethlisberger-needs-keep-his-issues-out-of-the-media/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedBlackAndGold+%28Bleed+Bl ack+and+Gold%29

stillers4me
02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I think that media tries to twist Ben's words to mean things he didn't actually say.
Would anyone question Brady or a Manning if this was happening in Indy, NE, or NY? I don't think so. Ben is the leader of the offense and has the right to want to know what direction his offense is expected to take and how he can help make that happen.

And bloggers can be the worst....they don't report, they just spew their opinion and pass it off as "news".

fansince'76
02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
And the second Ben actually did stop talking to the media, chuckleheads like the one who wrote this "article" would start to accuse him of being a prima donna and "difficult." :coffee:

polamalubeast
02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I admit that I dislike Ben's comments yesterday.

siss
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh dear, this is a waist of a thread. Ben gets lasted for not being honest with the media and than when he is he gets blasted for being blunt. Either way he is screwed. And people will nit pick, just to nit pick.

Bluecoat96
02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Exactly.....media spin. You can interpret things many different ways when there's no actual face to face interaction. One of Bouchette's articles over the last 2 days quoted Ben as saying that the comments he made in Hawaii about meeting Rooney were taken way out of context. Shocker.

I'm sure Ben is somewhat uncomfortable. He's human....and a guy. We fear change and the unknown.

fansince'76
02-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh dear, this is a waist of a thread. Ben gets lasted for not being honest with the media and than when he is he gets blasted for being blunt. Either way he is screwed. And people will nit pick, just to nit pick.

Yep. And it was this kind of BS that caused Bradshaw to essentially flip this fanbase the bird for about 20 years after he retired too. This fool says he's "sick of it." Know what I'm getting sick of? Know-it-all bloggers who in actuality have their heads buried up their asses with an overblown sense of self importance. Newsflash: nobody really gives a shit what you think.

siss
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Exactly.....media spin. You can interpret things many different ways when there's no actual face to face interaction. One of Bouchette's articles over the last 2 days quoted Ben as saying that the comments he made in Hawaii about meeting Rooney were taken way out of context. Shocker.

I'm sure Ben is somewhat uncomfortable. He's human....and a guy. We fear change and the unknown.

He's not human, he's an automaton.

BlastFurnace
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Me too. Sometimes "No Comment" or just taking the high road is the best route to go.

To say that he has received some "not positive" texts was out of line and a bit immature.

siss
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Me too. Sometimes "No Comment" or just taking the high road is the best route to go.

To say that he has received some "not positive" texts was out of line and a bit immature.
I think he was just being honest...really...nothing more! I get the impression he isn't happy about losing his buddy but still has an open mind about this new guy. And OMG is Ben being honest...for shame franchise QB...FOR shame! :eyeroll:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM

I have to agree on this one.

Keep it positive or keep it vanilla to the media until you have even had a chance to talk to the guy. I doubt any of the Colts have said similar about their new OC...............but then again he is the greatest guy ever. :D

BlastFurnace
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I think he was just being honest...really...nothing more! I get the impression he isn't happy about losing his buddy but still has an open mind about this new guy. And OMG is Ben being honest...for shame franchise QB...FOR shame! :eyeroll:

If you are always 100% completely honest with your inner thoughts at your place of employment, and you are not the CEO, you will eventually be out of a job. Ben is a leader and needs to remember that his words have an effect on the team. This is not David Johnson talking to the press, this is the face of the franchise speaking.

Eyeroll all you want, but sometimes it's best to take the high road for everyone concerned.

tube517
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
This is a blog article. Therefore, it is not news. :yawn:

zulater
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
So what have we discovered as a result of anything "reported" in this story that matters as to the future of Ben and the Steelers? :noidea: Other than Ben not being a good politician I see nothing.

Anyone really think Ben's not going to do everything he can to make this thing work?

siss
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
"People made such a big deal about, 'I had it too easy because we were friends,' or whatever. I think anybody in sports should understand, you and your position coach should have a good relationship. Now, if you're buddy-buddy with the head coach, that might be a little issue. You should, as a quarterback, with the guy you work with every day, you should have a relationship with him even outside of football because if we just talked every day about football, you'd go nuts and kill each other.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12041/1209238-66-0.stm#ixzz1lzlGM5lC

What a jerk :eyeroll:

BlastFurnace
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
"People made such a big deal about, 'I had it too easy because we were friends,' or whatever. I think anybody in sports should understand, you and your position coach should have a good relationship. Now, if you're buddy-buddy with the head coach, that might be a little issue. You should, as a quarterback, with the guy you work with every day, you should have a relationship with him even outside of football because if we just talked every day about football, you'd go nuts and kill each other.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12041/1209238-66-0.stm#ixzz1lzlGM5lC

What a jerk :eyeroll:

Who is calling him a jerk?

BlastFurnace
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
So what have we discovered as a result of anything "reported" in this story that matters as to the future of Ben and the Steelers? :noidea: Other than Ben not being a good politician I see nothing.

Anyone really think Ben's not going to do everything he can to make this thing work?

No. He's a competitor and will work his tail off to make this work and play well.

zulater
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
No. He's a competitor and will work his tail off to make this work and play well.

Exactly! So why are we worrying that Ben didn't say the exact right thing in February again?

BlastFurnace
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Exactly! So why are we worrying that Ben didn't say the exact right thing in February again?

I don't think anyone is worrying about it. Ben will play hard for Haley. I just wish he would have left out a particular comment he made yesterday about negative texts.

BigNastyDefense
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
This guy isn't even media. He writes a blog. He doesn't have access to players, coaches, etc. He's spinning off of the spin the media already put on something. This guy gets his info the exact same way that you and I do.

fansince'76
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM

He's going to Indy to be with Arians! :chuckle:

suitanim
02-10-2012, 11:08 AM
This is the third thread posted about the exact same subject matter, just with a different editorialized headline...and it's about the 6th that deals with the same subject.

tube517
02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
He's going to Indy to be with Arians! :chuckle:

And BA will throw water bottles at him when he's there. :chuckle:

SMR
02-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Me too. I was ticked off, to be honest.

SMR
02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
If you are always 100% completely honest with your inner thoughts at your place of employment, and you are not the CEO, you will eventually be out of a job. Ben is a leader and needs to remember that his words have an effect on the team. This is not David Johnson talking to the press, this is the face of the franchise speaking.

Eyeroll all you want, but sometimes it's best to take the high road for everyone concerned.

Exactly. Good post!