PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger talks about his new OC

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Todd Haley has been hired, met with his new colleagues on Mike Tomlin's coaching staff, with members of the front office and finally with the media at noon today.

Another Steelers employee was looking forward this morning to his first meeting with the new offensive coordinator: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"I haven't talked to him,'' Roethlisberger said at the Steelers training facility where, 20 minutes later, Haley would be introduced at a press conference just down the hall as the team's new offensive coordinator.

"I've gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him,'' Roethlisberger said during an interview with the Post-Gazette. "Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they're letting me know what their interaction with him was -- good, bad and indifferent. I've heard a lot of things and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion."

read more

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114787-roethlisberger-talks-about-his-new-oc

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Not exactly a vanilla response. Been getting texts, good and bad about him.

This is gonna be an offseason of drama like never before. Can't wait to see the drama queens on this board react!!! Gonna get my popcorn ready.

O'Malley
02-09-2012, 01:53 PM
:pop2:

fansince'76
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
This is gonna be an offseason of drama like never before.

I don't think anything's going to top 2010...

X-Terminator
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Not exactly a vanilla response. Been getting texts, good and bad about him.

This is gonna be an offseason of drama like never before. Can't wait to see the drama queens on this board react!!! Gonna get my popcorn ready.

At least it will keep the board active, even if we'll likely revisit the same arguments about a gazillion times.

smokin3000gt
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
The title of the 'story' is "BR talks about OC" then it starts off "I haven't talked to him". Well shouldn't they wait until Ben has actually talked to Todd first or are they too busy trying to turn his "some good/some bad text about him" into more supposed locker room drama?

O'Malley
02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Funny thing is I think BR will actually like him...

tube517
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think anything's going to top 2010...

Unless Haley "recommends" another vacation area to Ben......:peep:

O'Malley
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Unless Haley "recommends" another vacation area to Ben......:peep:

Too soon?:bolt:

Hindes204
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I havent heard Rob Lowe say anything yet...I'll wait for that until I address this

steelerdude15
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Don't see where there's going to be drama, but I Haley will be an upgrade, but that's just prediction.

steel striker
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Wake me up when next season starts..

O'Malley
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
:pop2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s6OyuGLkGA8

GodfatherofSoul
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
That was a terrible answer from Ben. Saying you've heard good and bad is politically the same as saying you've heard bad things about him. Just keep your mouth shut and keep it in house. Christ, don't start your relationship out with the guy saying "I hear you suck." to the press.

fansince'76
02-09-2012, 05:09 PM
:pop2:

Willing to share that popcorn? :chuckle:

O'Malley
02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Willing to share that popcorn? :chuckle:

plenty to go around!!!!

SMR
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
This is getting ridiculous. The season hasn't even started!

tube517
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Let me guess, the bad texts were from Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, and TO. :yawn:

SteelGhost
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
http://images.wikia.com/clubpenguin/images/6/65/Popcorn_Pin.PNG

JayC
02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
if he tells ben we're going to run at least 10 bubble screens per game it might put big ben at ease with the situation

steelerdude15
02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
This is getting ridiculous. The season hasn't even started!

Exactly, the media needs to shut the hell up. Plus, you're always going to hear good and bad about everyone.

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Roethlisberger: I've heard 'both good and bad about (Haley)'

I've gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him," Roethlisberger said. "Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they're letting me know what their interaction with him was -- good, bad and indifferent. I've heard a lot of things and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826d0e6e/article/roethlisberger-ive-heard-both-good-and-bad-about-haley?module=HP11_headline_stack

slippy
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
i'm starting to think the post gazette was more in love with arians than anybody else. i've read the PG sports everyday for decades, but this last month i'm starting to think bouchette, dulac, cookie, smizek and the rest are clueless morons!

--------

and ben, please just say "i'm excited to work with haley" and then shut up.

although, when has the off field ben ever lived up to the onfield ben?

Craic
02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion

This is about what I would expect. Ben answered a question honestly. He has a few legitimate concerns, but is also willing to go to work.

I am really happy to saw that it seems Ben truly has grown up - and now in the prime of his career. A few different plays called at the right time, a few different mixes and looks, I can't wait to see what Ben and comp. will be able to do this year.

Shoes
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
That was a terrible answer from Ben. Saying you've heard good and bad is politically the same as saying you've heard bad things about him. Just keep your mouth shut and keep it in house. Christ, don't start your relationship out with the guy saying "I hear you suck." to the press.

Ben should know that many people think "both good and bad about him" also. I do believe Ben and Haley will work very well together....I'm excited!

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I hope that the relationship between Ben and Haley will be very good.

I do not want her to be a disaster, because if it is the case, I'll be disappointed of Ben.

GBMelBlount
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
"I've gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him,'' Roethlisberger said during an interview with the Post-Gazette.

"Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they're letting me know what their interaction with him was -- good, bad and indifferent.

I've heard a lot of things and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion."

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114787-roethlisberger-talks-about-his-new-oc

Quite the ironic comment coming from Ben...

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Quite the ironic comment coming from Ben...

yes

fansince'76
02-09-2012, 09:15 PM
http://mucklesandwich.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/mountain-molehill.gif

SteelerEmpire
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
It's like the Large Hadron Collider Atom Smasher in Europe when it's fired up.... anything can happen