PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for Tomlin's take on Haley

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 07:27 AM
It's probably just as well that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin won't be available for comment at high noon today when the team rolls out new offensive coordinator Todd Haley for his introductory news conference at its South Side compound. Tomlin will be there -- ostensibly to show his support for the Haley hiring -- but will not take questions. This is supposed to be Haley's day. The last thing Tomlin wants to do is upstage him. At a later date, he will face the inquiring minds and try to answer -- or dodge -- questions that are much more significant to the franchise's long-term future than the ones Haley will get about how he thinks his combustible personality will play with a successful team and how he plans to co-exist with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

You don't want to miss the Tomlin news conference.

Can't you just hear the questions?

Do you think former coordinator Bruce Arians did a good job with the offense last season?

Did you want to keep Arians?

How do you feel about your boss telling you that Arians had to go?

Why did you hire Haley?

Did you hire Haley?

That's a lot of dodging.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12040/1209034-87-0.stm#ixzz1ltIkXraa

zulater
02-09-2012, 07:45 AM
The press is just determined to make this a sticking point between Tomlin and Rooney aren't they! :doh:

I guess Cook never had an editor kill or change a story? It happens in every walk in life, if you're not the guy at the top of the pyramid sometimes you have to deal with some trickle down.

Tomlin and the Steelers will be just fine.

tube517
02-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Clicked the link. Saw the writer's name. Closed it. Not going to bother to read it.

Bluecoat96
02-09-2012, 08:26 AM
What a hack article.

Texasteel
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
A sports writers job is to get read, not to be informative or even honest in his writing. Often you will see one write an artical off another artical, it would take to long, and to much work to make sure what is true and what is speculation. This is why I listen to what a person said, and not pay attention to some telling me what a person must be thinking. The good writers have all but disappered leaving us with this sort of trash.

X-Terminator
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Ron Kook strikes again...