PDA

View Full Version : Is trouble brewing for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

polamalubeast
02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers announced on Thursday, the hiring of Todd Haley as the team’s offensive coordinator, now you have to wonder if trouble is brewing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. QB Ben Roethlisberger was upset when the team parted ways with former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. Roethlisberger and Arians were good friends and that relationship allowed Ben Roethlisberger more latitude in the offense, morphing into a pass-first scheme.

read more

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/is_trouble_brewing_for_the_pittsburgh_steelers/9815737

suitanim
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
The headline doesn't really fit the story. It's not like BR and Haley are going to be getting into fistfights.

Too soon to be speculating like this...

steelpride12
02-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Naa it's hard to speculate before Haley has even coached a single game let a lone a season or two. I see no trouble and I trust the decision that Tomlin and the Rooneys made on the OC pick. All we can do is sit back and see what unfolds.

fansince'76
02-08-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

polamalubeast
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Many dream of seeing a dispute between Ben and Haley on the sidelines!

SteelGhost
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
These media guys, they are stirring the pot (as they usually do, specially in the offseason), nothing new :stirthepot:

Texasteel
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Looks like an inflamitory title followed by a below average story. The first time Ben is 5 minute late for practice I expect to see 5 stories on Ben holding out because of the new OC hiring.

Move along,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing new to see here.

Hindes204
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
You know what, who gives a damn if BR becomes unhappy. He needs to STFU, listen to what the coaches want from him, and play the damn game.

O'Malley
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM
You know what, who gives a damn if BR becomes unhappy. He needs to STFU, listen to what the coaches want from him, and play the damn game.

This^.. Man up and get better.. Put in the work and win championships..

JayC
02-08-2012, 11:48 AM
You know what, who gives a damn if BR becomes unhappy. He needs to STFU, listen to what the coaches want from him, and play the damn game.EXACTLY.

suitanim
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Let's be fair: The whole "Ben is super upset" thing is overblown as well. Everything he's said publicly has been pretty reasonable.

BnG_Hevn
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Ben can throw a hissy fit on the sidelines, who cares. Dock him his pay. The Steeler's galaxy (didn't use universe on purpose :) ) doesn't revolve around Ben. If he doesn't like it, he can asked to be traded.

O'Malley
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Let's be fair: The whole "Ben is super upset" thing is overblown as well. Everything he's said publicly has been pretty reasonable.

I hope he's not as upset as you are.. He'll never get over the change..

X-Terminator
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I still haven't seen this "anger" from Ben that all of these media talking heads are talking about. The Super Bowl is over, Peyton Manning's story is pretty much played out, free agency doesn't start for another month and the draft isn't for another 2 and a half months. So there's nothing left to talk about. Just more shit-stirring from people who have become the gold standard for it.

fansince'76
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM

This^.. Man up and get better.. Put in the work and win championships..

Ben can throw a hissy fit on the sidelines, who cares. Dock him his pay. The Steeler's galaxy (didn't use universe on purpose :) ) doesn't revolve around Ben. If he doesn't like it, he can asked to be traded.

Hoo boy, I can see where this is going. "Ben can go join his golfing buddy in Indy for all I care" - coming to a thread near you around October...

Hindes204
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Hoo boy, I can see where this is going...

HAHAHAHA

CUT BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Malley
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Only thing I have to say about Ben is I want him to be the QB for Pittsburgh.. For a long time.. So IMO he needs to study more film close his trap and do everything in his power to get better.. Todd Haley mentioned Ben was over weight.. I hope Ben takes it to heart and gets in shape(he looked to have some man boobs in Hawaii)... IMO this will be the turning point where Ben starts doing the little things he didn't have to do under Arians and takes his game to the next level.. Getting in shape and getting stronger, will help with his deep ball.. Which IMO comes up short a lot.. Wallace and Brown have to wait for the ball instead of hitting them in stride.. I just think he became stagnant with Bruce.. Todd will make him work which is a good thing.. That's the way I see it.. Just my opinion.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Hoo boy, I can see where this is going. "Ben can go join his golfing buddy in Indy for all I care" - coming to a thread near you around October...
Actually Haley is supposed to be a pretty good golfer. So Ben has a potential new golfing buddy to hang with.

I heard that from another NFL player, so its probably not true. Have to wait till Rob Lowe tweets it.

Steeldude
02-08-2012, 12:13 PM

:lol:

fansince'76
02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Actually Haley is supposed to be a pretty good golfer. So Ben has a potential new golfing buddy to hang with.

I heard that from another NFL player, so its probably not true. Have to wait till Rob Lowe tweets it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

suitanim
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM

That's almost as inaccurate as the false meme that Ben is unhappy.

Almost.

7willBheaven
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
The headline doesn't really fit the story. It's not like BR and Haley are going to be getting into fistfights.

Gotta love the media, dont ya? Hahaha

O'Malley
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
That's almost as inaccurate as the false meme that Ben is unhappy.

Almost.

I know for a fact when this works out you'll be happy with the change.. I also know you are a Bruce supporter... IMO this is a good move and I stick by that until proven wrong.. But I don't see that happening.

Texasteel
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I still haven't seen this "anger" from Ben that all of these media talking heads are talking about. The Super Bowl is over, Peyton Manning's story is pretty much played out, free agency doesn't start for another month and the draft isn't for another 2 and a half months. So there's nothing left to talk about. Just more shit-stirring from people who have become the gold standard for it.

I believer this is a very accuate post. As far a I know we have not seen this supposed anger, we have only been told about it by the media. In fact, I don't think they have seen this anger either. They just figure it must be there and write about is as if it was a fact.

If you don't have anything to write about just make something up. Somebody will believe it.

Iron Steeler
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I like it. I think haley should bring a running game back to Pittsburgh. And maybe he will encouraged ben to Dink and dunk and hit his first or second reads rather then look for the long bomb and take a sack.

Im sure the emphasis in the interview was qb protection and a balanced run/ pass ratio

GBMelBlount
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM

:rofl2:

Hey comedy central, who are you and what have you done with El Gonzo? :lol:

At this rate I think I WILL try the veal.

venom
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-celebrity-pictures-nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

GBMelBlount
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Seriously though. I feel like I am reading tabloid trash lately.

suitanim
02-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I know for a fact when this works out you'll be happy with the change.. I also know you are a Bruce supporter... IMO this is a good move and I stick by that until proven wrong.. But I don't see that happening.

Also inaccurate. I am, first and foremost, a Steelers supporter. I want what's best for the team.

Count Steeler
02-08-2012, 04:02 PM
So has Ben "stormed" into the FO to give Art a piece of his mind? This is just a slow news day, so someone is trying to stir the pot on the Steelers. Well, I am not biting. Tomlin and the crew are working away to do whatever is possible to get us to the next SB.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

fansince'76
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
So has Ben "stormed" into the FO to give Art a piece of his mind?

Oh yeah, I hear tell he even gave Art II an ultimatum to either hire Arians back or he wouldn't report to training camp. :rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah, I hear tell he even gave Art II an ultimatum to either hire Arians back or he wouldn't report to training camp. :rolleyes:

Highly doubt it since he watched Warner shred the Steelers defense for 377 Yards and 3 Touchdowns and had to pull a miracle out of his own butt with the help of Santonio Holmes and the single greatest play in Super Bowl History by James Harrison to get the trophy.

wyn50
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
They are all mature adults. I hope they all handle the situation like professionals. Ben, Haley, and the front office should all take a deep breathe before any meetings. :lol:

tube517
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM

:heh:

Maybe Ben and Todd should duel on the golf course. Winner gets to call the plays. :chuckle:

SMR
02-08-2012, 08:21 PM

Well, you know how desperate journalists have become. Crazy, misleading headlines to attract attention. Attention whores, I say!