PDA

View Full Version : BUFFONE: Why Pittsburgh Won’t Host a Super Bowl

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
...Radio shows in the Pittsburgh area were blowing up with Steelers fans making their case for the city of bridges. Unfortunately for yinzers, it’s just not possible...

LINK: http://www.kittanningpaper.com/2012/02/06/buffone-why-pittsburgh-wont-host-a-super-bowl/23466

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Simple. No dome, bad weather and a douchebag of a commissioner that wants track meets instead of football games.

Devilsdancefloor
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Simple. No dome, bad weather and a douchebag of a commissioner that wants track meets instead of football games.

:nod:

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM

Unless its the Pro Bowl were people are just playing around and not trying to get hurt...then he wants them to hit...

LOL

smokin3000gt
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM
That pretty much sums it up FS.

No dome = difficult to pass

X-Terminator
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
But they're playing the game at the Meadowlands in 2014 - no dome and bad weather there. So why can't they hold it in Pittsburgh? Hell, given the winter we've had so far (read: none), would it be any different than North Jersey in February?

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2012, 11:41 AM
The only reason New Jersey is even getting a Super Bowl is because it's the New York Metro Area & a brand spanking new stadium. If they were still playing in old Giants Stadium, then that SB would be getting played in a warm weather city or a cold weather city with a domed stadium.

The Steelers best chance to host a Super Bowl was to try to get one right after Heinz Field was built.

I personally think it's stupid to hold the Super Bowl in only domed stadiums or warm weather ones. If the participants in the Super Bowl can be decided in winter weather, then why can't the Super Bowl?

Godfather
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
They should hold it in Cleveland every year. That way there is no chance of a team having home field advantage.

steelpride12
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Of course it is playing in New York in 2014 which sums most of it up, but I think another factor is we have around 64,450 seats which is no where near most of the teams and stadiums in the league. The Super Bowl is about making money for GODell and the NFL and that won't bring it.

Edman
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Because we're too Old School. Heinz Field is all grass and there are not that many seats.

Yes, they're playing the Super bowl in New York, because it's a huge stadium and New York is a big market. Pittsburgh has no such thing.

SMR
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Of course it is playing in New York in 2014 which sums most of it up, but I think another factor is we have around 64,450 seats which is no where near most of the teams and stadiums in the league. The Super Bowl is about making money for GODell and the NFL and that won't bring it.

EXCELLENT point!!

XxKnightxX
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Of course it is playing in New Jersey in 2014 which sums most of it up, but I think another factor is we have around 64,450 seats which is no where near most of the teams and stadiums in the league. The Super Bowl is about making money for GODell and the NFL and that won't bring it.

Sorry, That Jersey part doesnt leave me. The stadium is in Jersey, they practice in Jersey. And the Statue of Liberty is in Jersey. Yeah the states a dump, but gotta brag about the shithole you grew up once in a while lol.

salamander
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Not that it makes any difference, but the Steelers are adding about 3,000 seats to Heinz Field next year.

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Lucas Oil in Indy only has 63,000 (expandable to 70K). Not that much bigger than Heinz when expanded. :noidea:

Butch
02-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Not from Da' Burgh or ever been there but the only thing I saw that may hold water is what is the transportation like??? Other than that can't see any reason why there can't be a Superbowl there and since we have the most trophies in the NFL I think it would make great idea.

Won't happen because of who decides where to hold the game.

X-Terminator
02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Not from Da' Burgh or ever been there but the only thing I saw that may hold water is what is the transportation like??? Other than that can't see any reason why there can't be a Superbowl there and since we have the most trophies in the NFL I think it would make great idea.

Won't happen because of who decides where to hold the game.

Starting in March, there will be a subway ("T") stop right outside Heinz Field with stops downtown and at Station Square for people who park over there. There is also a riverboat shuttle from Station Square to Gate A at Heinz. So transportation isn't the problem. With all of the new hotels, a large convention center close by for other events and the T stop at the stadium, honestly, there really is no other reason to not have the Super Bowl here. Our weather isn't much different from the New York metro area in the winter.

Butch
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Starting in March, there will be a subway ("T") stop right outside Heinz Field with stops downtown and at Station Square for people who park over there. There is also a riverboat shuttle from Station Square to Gate A at Heinz. So transportation isn't the problem. With all of the new hotels, a large convention center close by for other events and the T stop at the stadium, honestly, there really is no other reason to not have the Super Bowl here. Our weather isn't much different from the New York metro area in the winter.

Thanks for the info!!!

With all that said bring on the Superbowl. It would never be as bad as the disaster that was jerry world, but then again nothing would.

Oh forgot who's calling the shots??? No chance we will see it in his lifetime. Just sayin'

steelerdude15
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM

There are also buses as well and that money could have been used to the fix Port Authorities money issues, but that's for another time. As of right now, the stadium holds 65,050 people and they were able to add five thousand more seats for the Winter Classic. The only issues I could think of for Pittsburgh having a Super Bowl our the hotels and the possibility of harsh winters which makes roads bad.

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2012, 08:59 PM
There are also buses as well and that money could have been used to the fix Port Authorities money issues, but that's for another time. As of right now, the stadium holds 65,050 people and they were able to add five thousand more seats for the Winter Classic. The only issues I could think of for Pittsburgh having a Super Bowl our the hotels and the possibility of harsh winters which makes roads bad.

Well there was an ice storm in Dallas last year and for XL the weekend of the game there was a big winter storm that hit Detroit.

steelerdude15
02-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Well there was an ice storm in Dallas last year and for XL the weekend of the game there was a big winter storm that hit Detroit.

True that. I can remember watching the game last year and seeing people sitting outside the stadium in winter clothing.

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
True that. I can remember watching the game last year and seeing people sitting outside the stadium in winter clothing.

So they are willing to deal with bad weather as long as it's a domed stadium. Like I said earlier, if the Giants & Jets didn't get a brand new stadium, the game wouldn't be in New Jersey (the greater New York area). They wouldn't be playing this game in old Giants Stadium.