PDA

View Full Version : Harrison and Clark asking to be Fined Again

fansince'76
02-05-2012, 11:01 PM
James Harrison, Ryan Clark say the Patriots got what they deserved (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/superbowl/2012/02/05/james-harrison-ryan-clark-say-the-patriots-got-what-they-deserved/)
(http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/superbowl/2012/02/05/james-harrison-ryan-clark-say-the-patriots-got-what-they-deserved/)
Any bets on how much they get tagged for this? I'm betting at least $20K each.

Shoes
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Link didn't work Bro.

Chidi29
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Try to see if this one works.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/superbowl/2012/02/05/james-harrison-ryan-clark-say-the-patriots-got-what-they-deserved/

fansince'76
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Link didn't work Bro.

Fixed it. The one time I didn't double-check it before posting. :doh:

Shoes
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
:chuckle: I think they have been reading the posts here. Yep, that's probably good for 20K each.

X-Terminator
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
They probably will, because God forbid someone talk ill of Der Kommissar's favorite team. But I bet most fans outside of New England will agree with them.

Chidi29
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Don't put a target on your back. You don't have to say everything you're thinking.

I don't think they will get fined though. If Harrison can say what he did about Goodell without issue, then this shouldn't be a problem.

fansince'76
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't put a target on your back.

Little late for that. But of course it's perfectly OK for a lard-assed employee of the league's network to diss an entire fan base on Twitter (see Warren Sapp's recent comments directed at Steelers fans after the Broncos game).

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
The Ravens players talked plenty of smack when we got "Tebowed". But G-Hell has a hard on for Steelers players.

tube517
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
James Harrison, Ryan Clark say the Patriots got what they deserved (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/superbowl/2012/02/05/james-harrison-ryan-clark-say-the-patriots-got-what-they-deserved/)
(http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/superbowl/2012/02/05/james-harrison-ryan-clark-say-the-patriots-got-what-they-deserved/)
Any bets on how much they get tagged for this? I'm betting at least $20K each.

:nono: Don't forget 2 draft picks to the Cheats*

Chidi29
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Little late for that. But of course it's perfectly OK for a lard-assed employee of the league's network to diss an entire fan base on Twitter (see Warren Sapp's recent comments directed at Steelers fans after the Broncos game).

I didn't say that was ok either.

tube517
02-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Don't put a target on your back. You don't have to say everything you're thinking.

I don't think they will get fined though. If Harrison can say what he did about Goodell without issue, then this shouldn't be a problem.

Then don't cheat without suffering the backlash.

Chidi29
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Then don't cheat without suffering the backlash.

And I said what they did was wrong too.

But that was five years ago. Let's not forget it, but at the same time, don't harp on it.
t

tube517
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
And I said what they did was wrong too.

But that was five years ago. Let's not forget it, but at the same time, don't harp on it.
t

It's not just this board "harping" on it. They are hated by many of teams' fans for it. Dark clouds never go away. Facts are facts: They are 0-2 in the Super Bowls since Spygate. Period.

JayC
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
also did they even play against the pats in bens rookie season??

i don't know for sure but we had hope & porter then.

either way, it is what it is. it's a fact they cheated just the commish blocked the years of tapes from getting released so it's fair play to talk about. hopefully brady & belicheck never win another, i believe in karma!

7willBheaven
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
They wont and shouldnt.

7willBheaven
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM

either way, it is what it is. it's a fact they cheated just the commish blocked the years of tapes from getting released so it's fair play to talk about. hopefully brady & belicheck never win another, i believe in karma!

Didnt the Pats beat the Steelers in the AFC Champ. Game that year? The Steelers were 15-1 but didnt make the SB.

BlacknGoldBabe
02-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Talk about abuse of someone's right to free speech. If that ass can of a commissioner can say whatever he wants, what right does he have fining anyone for saying what they want?

zulater
02-06-2012, 04:35 AM

I know they wont get fined, because they were telling the truth as they believe it, and that truth is documented by the fact that the Patriots were punished for in fact cheating.

It might not sit well with some people in the league office, but there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

Butch
02-06-2012, 05:17 AM

Oh man how quickly we forget!!! Yes they came into Pittsburgh with a huge winning streak on holloween and we destroyed them, then went on to beat the eggles the very next week on the next biggest win streak. Then in the championship game they turned the tables on us. Hines Ward said it was like they knew our plays before we ran them.

Bluecoat96
02-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Speaking of Patriots ball-washing....apparently Hensley at BSPN is in on the act as well. I guess James and Ryan might hurt wittle Tommy's feewings.

Harrison insults Patriots after Super Bowl

Harrison has a long reputation for cheap shots on the field, many of which can defended by his old-school mentality of playing football. But there is no defending this cheap shot. It was a low blow, and Harrison should know better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42015/harrison-insults-patriots-after-super-bowl

Can we start a movement to get this clown out of there? At least James Walker made somewhat of an attempt at journalism. It's like Tim Lumber is now running the AFC North blog over there. Like FS 76 said, Where was the outrage at Sapp's insults aimed at the entire Steelers' fanbase after the Steelers loss?

katmandu
02-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Hines Ward said it was like they knew our plays before we ran them.Don't forget Arians was at the helm and everyone knew the plays we'd be running.

X-Terminator
02-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Don't forget Arians was at the helm and everyone knew the plays we'd be running.

Arians was not the OC in 2004, which is what Hines was referencing with that comment that he made in 2007 after Spygate took off.

suitanim
02-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Don't forget Arians was at the helm and everyone knew the plays we'd be running.

Except that was before Arians was OC.

I commend Clark and Harrison. There is nothing classless about continuing to remind people about what a disgrace and travesty Goodell's burying of the worst scandal in the history of the NFL actually was.

steelpride12
02-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm not worried about it and neither are Harrison and Clark. They know what they said was 100% the truth and if a fine did come out of it would they care, probably not.

suitanim
02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes, since when can you be fined for telling the truth?

steelpride12
02-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes, since when can you be fined for telling the truth?
Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if GODell does step up and say something to Harrison, but fining someone for the truth would be crazy.

Chidi29
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Nevermind.

suitanim
02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Nevermind.

Actually, you're right. The Cheaters DID win....3 whole Super Bowls worth of winning. Cheaters unfortunately sometimes do win.

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Arians was not the OC in 2004, which is what Hines was referencing with that comment that he made in 2007 after Spygate took off.

Yes, but why let facts stand in the way of another gratuitous shot at Arians? :coffee:

Devilsdancefloor
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
i lol last night when i seen this, then i thought DOH i wonder what der kommish is gonna do. But it is nice to see that not only do the fans think they are cheating bastards, but also the players. i think hines was referring to 01 AFCCG about "they knew what we where going to run"

steeldevil
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I assume they wouldn't get punished for telling the truth. What kind of message does that send the children Mr. Goodell?

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Speaking of Patriots ball-washing....apparently Hensley at BSPN is in on the act as well. I guess James and Ryan might hurt wittle Tommy's feewings.

Harrison insults Patriots after Super Bowl

Harrison has a long reputation for cheap shots on the field, many of which can defended by his old-school mentality of playing football. But there is no defending this cheap shot. It was a low blow, and Harrison should know better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42015/harrison-insults-patriots-after-super-bowl

Can we start a movement to get this clown out of there? At least James Walker made somewhat of an attempt at journalism. It's like Tim Lumber is now running the AFC North blog over there. Like FS 76 said, Where was the outrage at Sapp's insults aimed at the entire Steelers' fanbase after the Steelers loss?

Jamison Hensley

Hensley joined ESPN.com in 2011 after covering the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun for 11 years.

Ah yes, another unbiased, objective point of view that has become a hallmark of ESPN since its Disneyfication. :coffee:

Edman
02-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Nobody batted an eye about "feelings" when Pittsburgh (rightfully) received their backlash for losing to the Tebows. They can all eat one.

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Nobody batted an eye about "feelings" when Pittsburgh (rightfully) received their backlash for losing to the Tebows. They can all eat one.

Agreed. And suck a big fat one as well.

steel striker
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Goodell is on the pats's payroll as well and, the next thing the worthless commish wants is a super bowl in London. What a waste of space he is.

Iron Steeler
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
That great patriots o line didn't look so great when they actually called holding penalties against them

ShutDown24
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
$0.00

O'Malley
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think you can be fined if the season is over.. Could be wrong.

fansince'76
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't think you can be fined if the season is over.. Could be wrong.

Der Kommissar does what he wants, when he wants.

suitanim
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
That great patriots o line didn't look so great when they actually called holding penalties against them

Very true.