PDA

View Full Version : Giants' LB Pierce retires

xX-TSK-Xx
07-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Pierce retires from NFL, joins ESPN

ESPN.com news services

Former New York Giants and Washington Redskins linebacker Antonio Pierce is joining ESPN as an NFL analyst after announcing his retirement from football.

Pierce, who was released by the Giants in February, will appear on "NFL Live" Thursday (ESPN, 4 p.m. ET) to discuss his retirement from the NFL and his new role with the network.

Pierce, who officially will start in his new role with ESPN this month, will appear on "NFL Live," "SportsCenter," "ESPNNews" and 1050 ESPNNewYork. He also will provide weekly analysis for ESPNNewYork.com.

"I am definitely going to miss the fans, the locker room talks, and the excitement of putting on a NFL uniform every Sunday, but I am ready to put on a new uniform, and I am extremely excited about contributing my knowledge and experience in this new endeavor to the championship team at ESPN. I thank my family, friends, teammates, and fans for their support throughout my career and as I move in this new and exciting direction," Pierce said in a statement.

Pierce led the Giants in tackles three times, was a three-year captain, a Pro Bowl pick in 2006 and one of the inspirational leaders of a squad that did not have a losing season in his five years with the franchise.

Pierce finished his final season with the Giants with 51 tackles (31 solo), three tackles for losses, a sack, two passes defensed, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

His five-year totals with the Giants: 537 tackles (322 solo), seven sacks, six forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and four interceptions. Pierce also had 44 postseason tackles (28 solo).

An undrafted free agent, Pierce played his first four seasons with the Redskins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5363544

The Duke
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Make the man a defensive coach already!

he may have no speed left and is injury prone, but the man is one of the smartest linebackers I've seen play. And heck, the giants need coaching assistance since spagnuolo left....

seriously hope he doesn't want to stay at ESPN for a long time

NJarhead
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Make the man a defensive coach already!

he may have no speed left and is injury prone, but the man is one of the smartet linebackers I've seen play. And heck, the giants need coaching assistance since spagnuolo left....
I agree he'd be a great coach. He was great on the sidelines when he was injured.
Still don't know why they didn't make a move for Carlos Dansby or Kirk Morrison.

ALLD
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
The smartest LB I ever saw play was Dobra Shunka. The smartest S is #43.

NJarhead
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
The smartest LB I ever saw play was Dobra Shunka. The smartest S is #43.

I think the smartest safety was #26. The most versatile player overall though is #43.

ALLD
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I think the smartest safety was #26. The most versatile player overall though is #43.

I thought of Woodson as HOF coverage wheras Polomalu makes sublime plays in the backfield in addition to shutting down the passing game.

NJarhead
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I thought of Woodson as HOF coverage wheras Polomalu makes sublime plays in the backfield in addition to shutting down the passing game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have either one of their babies. lol

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd have either one of their babies. lol

But your a dirty slut, and would sleep with anyone in uniform... even yours. :chuckle:

NJarhead
07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
But your a dirty slut, and would sleep with anyone in uniform... even yours. :chuckle:
It's true; I am a dirty slut. I've let far too many women take advantage of me and I am ashamed.

SteelMember
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
It's true; I am a dirty slut. I've let far too many women take advantage of me and I am ashamed.

What'd that last? About five miutes? lol.

You've probably felt more shame not finishing a beer before you passed out... as you rightfully should.

and btw, I still respect you... even though you flaunt your new piece of ass, Jon around here. :lol:

NJarhead
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
What'd that last? About five miutes? lol.

You've probably felt more shame not finishing a beer before you passed out... as you rightfully should.

and btw, I still respect you... even though you flaunt your new piece of ass, Jon around here. :lol:

:rofl2: