PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
02-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I know its the same old pick I've been usually slotting you guys but it makes the most sense. At the same time, I had him initially going to Cinci and had a tough time slotting someone to Pittburgh but decided to change my mind. Let me know what you think

Steeltreal
02-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Trade down with the Niners they take Jefferey(WR) and possibly land Konz or Glenn at 30

7willBheaven
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
If you're going to be a member here...why not join some convo's/etc (or post your mock here) instead of using all 20 of your posts to promote YOUR site and YOUR mock.

Aussie_steeler
02-06-2012, 04:09 AM

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

I know its the same old pick I've been usually slotting you guys but it makes the most sense. At the same time, I had him initially going to Cinci and had a tough time slotting someone to Pittburgh but decided to change my mind. Let me know what you think

Why does it make sense? What is your rationale?

When did the Steelers last draft a 6'5 350" OT to play OG in their line?

If Glenn played so well as a LT and RT at the Senior bowl why do the steelers then draft him to specifically play guard?

Is he a LG or RG in your opinion?

What style OG is he going to be?

Am I just another number on your hit counter?

Will I get an answer?

Will you get me another beer from the fridge to celebrate the wonderful result for the Pats today?

Galax Steeler
02-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Why does it make sense? What is your rationale?

When did the Steelers last draft a 6'5 350" OT to play OG in their line?

If Glenn played so well as a LT and RT at the Senior bowl why do the steelers then draft him to specifically play guard?

Is he a LG or RG in your opinion?

What style OG is he going to be?

Am I just another number on your hit counter?

Will I get an answer?

Will you get me another beer from the fridge to celebrate the wonderful result for the Pats today?

Chest Bump Nice Aussie I am waiting for this answer. LOL

LLT
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM

Dflo

Per our COC....if you are going to promote your site here at SU...you need to add a link to this site from your own. Please check your PM's for more information.

7willBheaven
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Dflo

Per our COC....if you are going to promote your site here at SU...you need to add a link to this site from your own. Please check your PM's for more information.

Finally someone steps in! Good job LLT

DFlo
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Why does it make sense? What is your rationale?What I do know is Sean Kugler prefers those big tall, sloppy offensive linemen and Cordy Glenn is just that. When he was with the Bills, we gave Derrick Dockery that huge contract and built the 2nd heaviest offensive line in the NFL. He's a disciple under Mouse McNally who built his lines the same way. At the same time I recall Kemoeatu was benched during the season and his high cap value makes him a target to be cut this season. I think we can both agree that when Big Ben gets protection and those WRs can get down the field, you guys are tough to stop.

When did the Steelers last draft a 6'5 350" OT to play OG in their line? This you'd probably know better than I would.

If Glenn played so well as a LT and RT at the Senior bowl why do the steelers then draft him to specifically play guard? Because he played well at the Senior Bowl shows that he has versatility. He doesn't have NFL LT feet, but he does have good enough feet that he play OT in a pinch. Most likely RT. Versatility is never a bad thing, and Glenn can probably be an OG or RT in the NFL. Now, his best fit is at guard and he would be most effective there because he has the anchor strength to move people in the running game, and he's got the feet to develop a nice pocket for Big Ben. Sometimes the interior O-line is just as important as the OT's in terms of creating a pocket and giving the QB some space to step up.

Is he a LG or RG in your opinion?Either or, not much difference between the two. LG's probably a bit more important and he's played more of his snaps at LG

What style OG is he going to be? A mauler, if he can keep his weight under control. Good push in the run game. Good balance. Shows that he can move in space as well. Good feet laterally in pass pro, will have issues with speed rushers, but as an OG he won't have to worry about that too much. Tends to get a little too high at times though. One thing to notice is that he dominated his peers at the Senior Bowl. He went up against the best of the best in his age group and went toe to toe with them and did a great job. Plus he did show some feistiness when going up against those guys. Good competitor.

Am I just another number on your hit counter?You've done more than most of the other people by asking me to explain my rationale, something that's hard to do within the 5 or 6 lines I have in those Mock Draft boxes

Will I get an answer? :)

Will you get me another beer from the fridge to celebrate the wonderful result for the Pats today? Beers for all now that the Pats have lost!

Dflo

Done my friend, you can see it here (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/Links.html)

Aussie_steeler
02-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Welcome aboard DFLO and thank you for engaging in some serious draft dialouge.

That is what we crave around here. Intelligent posters who arent afraid to justify their rationale for their draft picks.

I can now see where you are coming from and that is appreciated by us.

I am a bigger fan of Peter Konz than Cordy Glenn at #24 as a LG / RG candidate. However I respect your reasoning that has been given.

Regarding your mock, I am absolutely stunned that you have Zeitler as a first round candidate. Would love to hear your reasoning for such a bold pick (before the combine). What did he show at the Senior Bowl that gives the indication that he will jump from a top 80 pick to a top 30 pick.

DFlo
02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry for the delay dude, and if you want the truth, that was my last pick to do in this mock and I was in a state of just wanting to get it done. I had either Sanu or Zeitler there and I figured Zeitler fit the mold of what the 49ers want as a high character, football-is-his-life kind of guy. Not to say that Sanu isn't high character and all that but Zeitler fits the mold of the tough, physical road grading team that Harbaugh wants to build. Little high for Zeitler though I do agree.