PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray on his friendship with Big Ben.

zulater
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
On his friendship with another Any Era member, Ben Roethlisberger:

"Every time we see each other, you're going to always see -- nobody [has] never noticed it -- but any time we play each other, I put my hand over my heart and he puts his hand over his heart, and we give each other the nod -- warriors going at it -- whatever it takes. And that's the ultimate respect, because when you see guys back in the day, they gave that respect. That's what the game was always built upon. That's what makes the [rivalry] so fierce, because back then, when you looked at the old-school Dallas Cowboys and the old-school San Francisco 49ers, you knew what you were getting, but they respected each other so much. Today, when you think about a Ben Roethlisberger and me, you think about old-school mentalities, no matter what it is. That's why, every time -- win, lose or draw -- we're going to always be friends."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7460206/lewis-overwhelming-favorite?tw_p=twt&eleven=twelve

If you read the entire story, it's amazing how much respect Ray has for the Steelers history. Damn it's getting harder and harder to hate this guy!:chuckle:

I don't know what happened down in Atlanta all those years ago other than one group of thugs murdered another group of thugs. What role Ray had in things, God only knows? :noidea:

But regardless, it's clear he's taken his second chance and made good of it. And as a player, he's virtually without peer.

86WARD
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Always had the utmost respect for Ray Ray as a player...

tube517
02-01-2012, 10:24 PM
No surprise. Ben and Rayray texted each other during the whole Millidgeville incident and communicated. Ben used the same lawyer Ray had. No doubt they are friends. Still don't want to see him win any Super Bowls because his coach is a dick.

zulater
02-02-2012, 05:33 AM
No surprise. Ben and Rayray texted each other during the whole Millidgeville incident and communicated. Ben used the same lawyer Ray had. No doubt they are friends. Still don't want to see him win any Super Bowls because his coach is a dick.

Oh no doubt on that!

Edman
02-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I have no issue with Ray Lewis. Even if he is overrated at this stage of his career.

I'd be fine to respect the Ravens and wouldn't mind them winning, but as long as they have Johnny Jackass Harbaugh as their coach, I wish for them nothing but failure. Harbitch is just despicable enough to taint my view of the organization.

suitanim
02-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Yick.

siss
02-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Benjamin step away from the thug and go to church!

86WARD
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Well same can be said to Lewis. Step away from Ben or you'll become a RAYpist.

GutterflowerSteel
02-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Never been a Ray fan - I don't care how great of a player he is - rooting for him would be like rooting for OJ Simpson.

zulater
02-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Never been a Ray fan - I don't care how great of a player he is - rooting for him would be like rooting for OJ Simpson.

I'll never root for him. I just hate him a little less. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
02-02-2012, 03:54 PM
The rape allegations against Ben is what likely caused Ray to try and seek friendship.

siss
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
The rape allegations against Ben is what likely caused Ray to try and seek friendship.
They were close before that.

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM

I hear ya. I also may add, F^&K that over rated jump on the pile wannabe LBer. He is all mouth.

st33lersguy
02-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Ray Lewis is a phony, preaching about god and reaching out to players like he is some sort of saint when he has done a lot of wrong in his life, not just the murder. I also do not believe it is right to pad one's own stats by jumping into a pile of a tackle already made and then claiming responsibility for making it. There are a lot of thugs, scumbags, and phonies on that team and he is the perfect fit in the Ratbirds locker room