PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor Would Like The Steelers New Offensive Coordinator To run the ball

polamalubeast
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/ike-taylor-would-like-the-steelers-new-offensive-coordinator-to-run-the-ball/

zulater
02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I would like Ike to do a better job protecting against the deep route and leave the offense to the players and coaches being paid to take care of that aspect of the team. :coffee:

Seriously rewatching some of the games over the last 3 years, and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that we Steelers fans really overrate Ike. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality corner. But it's laughable to suggest he's All Pro quality. It wouldn't surprise me a little if Cortez Allen emerges as the Steelers top cover corner by the end of next season.

Chidi29
02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Ike also said,

"As long as we score points, it doesn't really matter"

and

"I can understand us passing the ball because why waste the talent sitting on the sideline..."

But the headline of course, is the one that is of the Anti-Arians' grabber.

XxKnightxX
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I think something the defensive players want is more TOP and more scoring, period. The less time theyre on the field, the less looks opposing offenses get. And you can only be a stout defense and holding teams to 3 points or 3 and outs in this new offensive era. Eventually its going to crack down and theyre going to give up the big play.

fansince'76
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I think something the defensive players want is more TOP and more scoring, period. The less time theyre on the field, the less looks opposing offenses get. And you can only be a stout defense and holding teams to 3 points or 3 and outs in this new offensive era. Eventually its going to crack down and theyre going to give up the big play.

I can see scoring, but we were 2nd in the league in TOP. :noidea: Which is all the more amazing considering that our defense couldn't buy a turnover all year.

tube517
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Even Troy said the defense isn't built to stay out there for long periods of time which is probably why Ike thinks there should be more running. But, if we were 2nd in TOP, that shouldn't matter.. However, it is the D's job to get TO's, something they did not do very well this year

O'Malley
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Even Troy said the defense isn't built to stay out there for long periods of time which is probably why Ike thinks there should be more running. But, if we were 2nd in TOP, that shouldn't matter.. However, it is the D's job to get TO's, something they did not do very well this year

Then Troy should be able to admit that they were unable to force many turnovers, and had a hard time getting off the field on third and long.....

XxKnightxX
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM

What are you talking about, theres that strip fumble TD in week 3, then , um, but, there was, errrr , ummm, uhhhh
http://t2ak.roblox.com/9fbcaefde6182afff33f6c4e5e652988

polamalubeast
02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
What are you talking about, theres that strip fumble TD in week 3, then , um, but, there was, errrr , ummm, uhhhh
http://t2ak.roblox.com/9fbcaefde6182afff33f6c4e5e652988

15 turnovers for the steelers D this year(worst in the nfl with the saints)

Count Steeler
02-01-2012, 04:44 PM
If I was OC, I'd put Ike at WR for a few plays a year. With his reputation of brick hands, they would ignore him. He would be wide open for a long bomb. Just throw it and cross your fingers.

tube517
02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Then Troy should be able to admit that they were unable to force many turnovers, and had a hard time getting off the field on third and long.....

Troy said this in 2008

ALLD
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
"I would have preferred if the BRONCOS ran the ball more in the playoffs."

GBMelBlount
02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Ummmm, thanks for your input Ike...

SteelGhost
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
If I was OC, I'd put Ike at WR for a few plays a year. With his reputation of brick hands, they would ignore him. He would be wide open for a long bomb. Just throw it and cross your fingers.

LOL !

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Hater.

zulater
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Yeah and we could put #14 on him and ... oh wait, that's already happened. :doh:

NCSteeler
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Ike also said,

"As long as we score points, it doesn't really matter"

and

"I can understand us passing the ball because why waste the talent sitting on the sideline..."

But the headline of course, is the one that is of the Anti-Arians' grabber.

If I was writing an Anti-Arians headline from that article it would have been the about the points, it is what we have consistently not done.

Steeldude
02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
I would like Ike to do a better job protecting against the deep route and leave the offense to the players and coaches being paid to take care of that aspect of the team. :coffee:

Seriously rewatching some of the games over the last 3 years, and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that we Steelers fans really overrate Ike. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality corner. But it's laughable to suggest he's All Pro quality. It wouldn't surprise me a little if Cortez Allen emerges as the Steelers top cover corner by the end of next season.

He's overrated because he is all the Steelers have at CB.

O'Malley
02-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Troy said this in 2008

My bad..

suitanim
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm sure many guys on the offense would like it if the defense would have stopped Flacco from shredding our defense and causing us to play on the road instead of homefield throughout (and we might still be playing if that had happened).

How'd that work out for them?

steelpride12
02-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I understand Ike, but you need a proper and fit OL to run the ball consistently.