PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who's the next Steelers Hall of Famer?

polamalubeast
01-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Four Steelers are finalists for the Hall of Fame voting that takes place Saturday: running back Jerome Bettis, center Dermontti Dawson, linebacker Kevin Greene and defensive back Jack Butler (who is one of two senior nominees).

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/41557/poll-whos-the-next-steelers-hall-of-famer

zulater
01-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Four Steelers are finalists for the Hall of Fame voting that takes place Saturday: running back Jerome Bettis, center Dermontti Dawson, linebacker Kevin Greene and defensive back Jack Butler (who is one of two senior nominees).

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/41557/poll-whos-the-next-steelers-hall-of-famer

Jack Butler is the answer to the thread's question. Senior committee nominee's are generally rubber stamped through the final selecting process. I think there's a good chance Dermontii Dawson will make it this year. He should. Any non kicker who's in the argument for the best ever at his position ( which Dawson is to any knowledgeable football person) should be in the Hall of Fame!

Bettis will eventually get in, but I don't think this will be his year. And I'm fine with that. I could use a reason to go to Canton in 2013 anyway. Kevin Greene shouldn't even be in the discussion. Very good player, but Gregg Lloyd was a much better player, and so was Andy Russell.

Chidi29
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree with Zu. Butler has the best chance, and hopefully will, get in.

tube517
01-31-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm hoping at least one of them makes it. My prediction is Butler this year and hopefully in 2013, Dirt Dawson and The Bus in the same year. :tt03:

suitanim
01-31-2012, 03:38 PM
The fact that Dirt and Bettis were not unanimous first ballot inductees makes the Football HOF look like the Rock HOF.

Rush, Kiss, Deep Purple, Foreigner, et al...

Given that, I have to say Dawson. But that's based on SHOULD, not WILL.