PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Roethlisberger wants Randy Fichtner

Iron Steeler
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Got a text from NFL just a moment ago about it from NFL. Com. Ben is probably thinking he will have better control on a in house guy then a newbie OC

Edman
01-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Of course he would. Familiarity of course.

*Insert "Fichtner has the taint of Arians on him" quote here*

In all honesty, I wish I didn't feel this way. Maybe I'm wrong (opinions can be wrong), but after witnessing the Arians/Ben relationship with underachieving offense, I really don't trust Ben taking control of the Offense with a "buddy". I honestly think he needs to sit down and study and get back to work on proving himself again.

He stunk in the last three postseason games going back to the AFC Title game (Outplayed by Dirty Sanchez of all people). No Ben, I think it's for the best that you don't get what you want.

Fichtner just re-inforces Ben into the comfort level that made him lazy and regressive under Arians. This offense needs a shake-up. Holding onto the leftovers of a broken Offense to make Ben happy will get us nowhere. We got rid of one half of the problem, now it's time to fix the other.

GodfatherofSoul
01-31-2012, 09:21 AM
At this point, I want the OC that Ben DOESN'T want

st33lersguy
01-31-2012, 09:24 AM
An OC not allowing Big Ben to deep chuck the ball once every 5 plays will help him

Steeldude
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
horrible news

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Haters. Flat earth society. :whip:

polamalubeast
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
That does not mean that Fitchner is the same as Arians.The One who replace Matt Millen in Detroit was his assistant!

And we must not forget that the Steelers were 8th in the number of points scored per drive before the serious injury of Roethlisberger.

Edman
01-31-2012, 10:12 AM
That does not mean that Fitchner is the same as Arians.The One who replace Matt Millen in Detroit was his assistant!

And we must not forget that the Steelers were 8th in the number of points scored per drive before the serious injury of Roethlisberger.

The Steelers Offense was showing signs of cracking up around the First Cincy game well before Ben's injury. They were great against Tennesee and New England and never came close to that level of productivity since then.

Injuries did derail the Offense, but before hand, it was well on it's way to another mediocre season.

polamalubeast
01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
The Steelers Offense was showing signs of cracking up around the First Cincy game well before Ben's injury. They were great against Tennesee and New England and never came close to that level of productivity since then.

Injuries did derail the Offense, but before hand, it was well on it's way to another mediocre season.

8th in points per drive was not mediocre.

Roethlisberger's injury killed the offense.

Before his injury, Roethlisberger had a QB rating of 95.0(top 5 in the nfl at the moment) and played very well since the game against the Titans(except the game vs KC) and after his injury he had a QB rating of 68.0

suitanim
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
I see the forces of hate and ignorance are already lining up against this pick.

As they would for any OTHER pick.

It's refreshing to know that things will never, ever change in Pittsburgh. The grass will be green. The sky will be blue. The sun will rise in the East and set in the West.

And many Steelers fans will hate, and complain constantly, about their offensive coordinator.

Dino 6 Rings
01-31-2012, 10:35 AM
I think staying in house is not a bad idea, it keeps the basic playbook installed and doesn't bring in a termoil that a guy like Haley would bring in. If the guy studied under Arians but recognizes why it is Bruce was let go, maybe he'll be more willing to "tweek" the offense as the front office has asked now for 3 years, and maybe Ben would be more willing to ride with and go along with a guy he already knows.

X-Terminator
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm thinking Ben doesn't want to have to learn an entirely new offense at this stage of his career. I really can't blame him for that. I think the offense is fine - it just needs tweaking to improve the areas of weakness under Arians.

Also - Fichtner does not = BA. People need to realize that.

st33lersguy
01-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Fichtner is embroiled into Arians' system, I can't see much of a system change. Pittsburgh needs an OC with no connection to this system of offensive underachievement. Todd Haley got the most out of Kurt Warner, who many thought was done, and his crew of recievers

fansince'76
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Also - Fichtner does not = BA. People need to realize that.

Nonsense - he's got Arians in his bloodstream! He's tainted!

X-Terminator
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Fichtner is embroiled into Arians' system, I can't see much of a system change. Pittsburgh needs an OC with no connection to this system of offensive underachievement. Todd Haley got the most out of Kurt Warner, who many thought was done, and his crew of recievers

The system doesn't need to be changed, it needs to be tweaked. There's a difference. The offense moves the ball well between the 20s and faltered in the red zone. That's where you begin to fix the problem. Again, just because Fichtner coached under Arians doesn't mean he will call plays the same way. We're talking about 2 different people with 2 different personalities and philosophies.

Dino 6 Rings
01-31-2012, 01:20 PM
The system doesn't need to be changed, it needs to be tweaked. There's a difference. The offense moves the ball well between the 20s and faltered in the red zone. That's where you begin to fix the problem. Again, just because Fichtner coached under Arians doesn't mean he will call plays the same way. We're talking about 2 different people with 2 different personalities and philosophies.

I agree with this.

Galax Steeler
01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I see the forces of hate and ignorance are already lining up against this pick.

As they would for any OTHER pick.

It's refreshing to know that things will never, ever change in Pittsburgh. The grass will be green. The sky will be blue. The sun will rise in the East and set in the West.

And many Steelers fans will hate, and complain constantly, about their offensive coordinator.

This I say give the man a chance.:clap2: