PDA

View Full Version : SI.com First NFL Mock Draft

polamalubeast
01-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Giants and Patriots fans aren't yet in full-blown draft focus mode, but it seems like everyone else is. As Senior Bowl week in Mobile comes to a close, here's the first of our seven attempts to mock out how the April 27 first round will unfold at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan. Don't go trying to hold me to this version, NFL fans. If I got it all right in late January, I could only go downhill from there over the course of the coming three months, and where's the fun in that

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/01/26/mock-draft/index.html#ixzz1ksPSIlxD

GBMelBlount
01-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree with Banks that fixing our atrocious O line is more important than NT.

I would love NOTHING more than for us to get a top shelf Offensive lineman in the first round.

Hypothetically, If Decastro & Adams were around at 20 or 22 would it be worth it for us to trade up a few spots?

ALLD
01-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Trading up might be the only way to improve either line significantly. We are looking at the 4th or 5th best lineman on D or O given our current position, however is there anybody worth trading up for, especially not in a skill position at the price we need?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Trading up might be the only way to improve either line significantly. We are looking at the 4th or 5th best lineman on D or O given our current position, however is there anybody worth trading up for, especially not in a skill position at the price we need?

I disagree. If you look at Banks draft, then we should have taken Poe or Worthy and then go for a G like Zeitler in round 2.

The other option is trade down and try to get Ta'amu, Osemele and another interior lineman in round 2.

st33lersguy
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I would be perfectly fine with an OG, although I think NT is a little more pressing

P.S. It would suck if Trent Richardson falls to the Bungals

XxKnightxX
01-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I would be perfectly fine with an OG, although I think NT is a little more pressing

P.S. It would suck if Trent Richardson falls to the Bungals

I can see Willie Gay getting steamrolled against him. (if he stays with us next year)

LLT
01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree with Banks that fixing our atrocious O line is more important than NT.

I would love NOTHING more than for us to get a top shelf Offensive lineman in the first round.

Hypothetically, If Decastro & Adams were around at 20 or 22 would it be worth it for us to trade up a few spots?

But you have to take position depth into consideration.

This draft is very deep at positions like OLB and OG...moderate at OT...but shallow at positions like ILB.